• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Unreleased FUNimation Licenses Update Thread

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:11 am Reply with quote
One more update prior to Sakura-Con (for full updates, check the first two posts).

As of right now, I have 15 listed properties (above ♦♦♦♦♦♦) that should be released sometime in 2013. That's a very conservative approach. It wouldn't surprise me if a couple from the listed 15 gets bumped to 2014.

As for the rest, I would hope that some (at least couple more) makes it in 2013. I think Pretear, Ikki Tousen – Great Guardians, Ikki Tousen – Xtreme Xecutor, Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (Movie), or High School DxD can still be relesed in 2013. Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean and Aquarion EVOL are probably maybes to longshots right now.

Is This a Zombie? of the Dead very will could be released this year (especially if MVM Ent UK is able to release theirs this year). Keep in mind FUNimation may or may not announce additional rights to home video license.
Quote:
  • One Piece (Season 5) | July 2013
    ------
  • Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
    - Subtitled version fully streaming on FUNimation.com & Hulu.
    - English dub cast to be announced on April 5th
  • Michiko & Hatchin [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
    ------
  • Guilty Crown [DVD & Blu-ray] | Summer release (hopefully before September)
  • Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine [DVD & Blu-ray] | Late summer 2013
  • The Future Diary [Home video format: TBA] | Late spring / early summer 2013 | Otaku USA notes series as "May" release (was not listed in actual May solicitation).
  • Sankarea [Home video format: TBA] | Late spring / early summer 2013
    ------
  • Fairy Tail (Season 2) [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
    - Subtitled streaming @ FUNimation.com: EVS starts on 4/23/13 and free streaming on 5/3/13
    ------
  • Maken-ki! Battling Venus [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
  • Haganai [DVD & Blu-ray planned]
  • Jormungand [Home video format: TBA] | 2013
    ------
  • BLOOD-C: The Last Dark (Movie) [DVD & Blu-ray] | Late 2013
  • Fairy Tail: The Movie [Home video format: TBA] | Late 2013
  • One Piece: Strong World (Movie 10) | Goal: late 2013
  • Wolf Children (Movie) [DVD & Blu-ray] | Late 2013
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦
  • Ikki Tousen – Great Guardians [Home video format: TBA]
  • Ikki Tousen – Xtreme Xecutor [Home video format: TBA]
  • Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection (Movie)
  • High School DxD [DVD & Blu-ray planned]
    ------
  • Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean [DVD & Blu-ray]
  • Aquarion EVOL [Home video format: TBA]
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦
  • Pretear [DVD] | Was 2012
  • We Without Wings - Under the Innocent Sky [DVD & Blu-ray] | Was 2012
  • Blessing of the Campanella [Home video format: TBA] | Was supposedly 2012
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
Hope that list holds up, WTK. For myself, Sankarea and Wolf Children would be real highlights.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:58 pm Reply with quote
Just out of curiosity, do new licenses typically get announced at Sakura-Con? Or is it more of a "new dub cast" kinda thing with their panels?
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
Just out of curiosity, do new licenses typically get announced at Sakura-Con? Or is it more of a "new dub cast" kinda thing with their panels?
Funi will announce a couple licenses, but how many is usually split between Sakura-con and Anime Boston. They usually run on the same weekend, but Anime Boston is in May this year. In 2011 they announced Fairy Tail and in 2012 they announced Shangri-La and Sankarea
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm Reply with quote
guilty crown must have done bad for them to push it out so soon

I wonder if everyone should own highschool DAnime hyper for the lols
Calibrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
Agreed. I honestly don't see how people like this even consider themselves fans of anime. It shows a huge lack of support.

I don't even remotely give a f*ck about "supporting the industry." All I want is a level of consistency in my entertainment. If they got it, they'll get my money. If not, then they can go f*ck themselves. It's not rocket surgery. So all said and done, keep your values to yourself.
FLEABttn

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:13 am Reply with quote
Calibrator wrote:
I don't even remotely give a f*ck about "supporting the industry." All I want is a level of consistency in my entertainment. If they got it, they'll get my money. If not, then they can go f*ck themselves. It's not rocket surgery. So all said and done, keep your values to yourself.

As you spout your values...

We got a live one here.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:08 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
guilty crown must have done bad for them to push it out so soon

...wouldn't the opposite be true? And since it was broadcast the same time as [the?] Future Diary, it doesn't seem as anything's off. Blessing of the Campanella in comparison is getting a pity release - if it's getting released at all. No loss either way, I guess.

Still waiting on C^3 news...
lem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote
rocket surgery? Shocked
further proof that we are doomed as a species. just frickin' doomed I tell ya. jeezuss h. christmas, thanksgiving and hanukkah too.

at any rate I'm definitely pre-ordering/picking up as soon as it's available One Piece Season 5, and the movie, Roberta's Blood Trail and Lupin the Third: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine. Everything else* will be a wait and see, read more about, catch some episodes of first.

*except for Wolf Children which I already have on blu.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:43 am Reply with quote
Calibrator wrote:

They sent it off to Ocean Studios. They have done their part so it's up to the casting director at Ocean to bring back as many people as possible. should someone need to be replaced for what ever reason, then it's not Funi's fault
RedemptionRevenge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:57 am Reply with quote
I'm excited for Sankarea and Future Diary. Those will be insta buys for me. I'll watch an episode of Fujiko Mine before I decide anything, but does one need prior knowledge of the Lupin III franchise to enjoy it?
varmintx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:30 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
rocket surgery? Shocked
further proof that we are doomed as a species. just frickin' doomed I tell ya. jeezuss h. christmas, thanksgiving and hanukkah too.
Though he obviously has an attitude problem, in fairness, that is an existing meme being referenced. Feel free to hold the internet as a whole accountable for the end of humanity.
Calibrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
Calibrator wrote:

They sent it off to Ocean Studios. They have done their part so it's up to the casting director at Ocean to bring back as many people as possible. should someone need to be replaced for what ever reason, then it's not Funi's fault

Then there's absolutely no problem. ...Mostly. We'll wait and see.

FLEABttn wrote:
As you spout your values...

We got a live one here.

Do you know the meaning of values? http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/values?s=t

Bitching and moaning about supporting the industry, and how I'm "not a real fan" is shoving your values down people's throats. Me bitching and moaning about consistency between releases? A requirement if they want my money.
lem

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
@varmintx
Thanks for the link, but "I don't even remotely give a f*ck about some meme". Very Happy Seriously though, that just shows you how much live action and anything with Chris Rock in it that I've enjoyed of late.<sigh>

varmintx wrote:
Though he obviously has an attitude problem,
well perhaps that, and or he just really wants to hear the same cast? I'll be the first to admit that I was more than a little disappointed when they replaced Megumi Toyoguchi as Winry in FMA Brotherhood. Shit happens and when you don't like it, you want to vent... that I can understand. That's not rocket science...
SereneChaos

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote
RedemptionRevenge wrote:
I'm excited for Sankarea and Future Diary. Those will be insta buys for me. I'll watch an episode of Fujiko Mine before I decide anything, but does one need prior knowledge of the Lupin III franchise to enjoy it?

You don't need any. I knew almost nothing about Lupin III when I watched Fujiko Mine and still really enjoyed it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 20