• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADK, 6 Anime Firms to Launch Overseas Streaming Site Daisuki

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:53 am Reply with quote
This is HUGE because a number of anime shows that have a supposedly niche audience such as Toei Animation's Pretty Cure franchise may finally now have a legal outlet in the Western world.

We can all be skeptical now, but remember back in 2007 when Crunchyroll decided to become a legal video streaming website for anime there was just as much skepticism back then. Today, a good number of anime series I remember from 2011 and 2012 were all originally seen on Crunchyroll.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote
Well, Toei has tried streaming the first season, so I'm not too sure they're raring to try again. Hopefully they'll have better subtitles and encodes if they do, though.
Sacto0562

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
Polycell wrote:
Well, Toei has tried streaming the first season, so I'm not too sure they're raring to try again. Hopefully they'll have better subtitles and encodes if they do, though.

I believe Futari wa Pretty Cure was legally shown on a Hawaiian TV channel originally, since there is a substantial expatriate Japanese population in that state. It is that version that got picked up by Crunchyroll.
ColonelYao47

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Considering that Aniplex and Sunrise are spearheading this venture, they have two cards to play that would get me to sign up on Daisuki besides simulcasting their new series and their live events (very intrigued by those prospects). Allow me to legally watch Gundam Unicorn and Garden of Sinners on the PC/tablet (I don't own a PS3/Xbox 360) and I'm fine with paying for this membership.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5