• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ghost in the Shell Arise Anime's Teaser Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Very nice. Well, I do hope the direction of this will be good but being a GITS fan, I am definitely looking forward to this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Looking good so far.
Cerceaux

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I think that's the coolest looking trailer so far.
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Looking simply FANTASTIC!!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Certainly seems action-oriented, so it won't be the Oshii type of slow pace and pondering on "stuff".
partially

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:29 am Reply with quote
Hmmm my one issue is that I actually preferred the green and blues of SAC more. The red stands out a bit too much for my tastes, particularly on the mech and motorcycle.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 3:52 am Reply with quote
Still unsure about this. Young Major is not something I wanted to see at all and the team behind this is'nt very inspiring.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
TopGunman

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:49 am Reply with quote
Is this a sequel or a reboot. I know that the look suggests a reboot but older anime have had design changes (Beyblade and Pokemon for example).

Also, 4 50-minute parts? That's just too short to enjoy a series. That's the equivalent of 8 measly episodes.
DRCEQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
TopGunman wrote:
Is this a sequel or a reboot. I know that the look suggests a reboot but older anime have had design changes (Beyblade and Pokemon for example).

Also, 4 50-minute parts? That's just too short to enjoy a series. That's the equivalent of 8 measly episodes.

Neither. It's an alternate continuity from the Manga, Oshii films, and Stand Alone Complex, but serves as a prequel to the whole series.

In other words, it's a prequel to even the manga (the manga doesn't go into detail about how Section 9 is formed, only the first chapter where they prove their right to exist to the government), but none of it is actually canon to anything else.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Something other than a school-based comedy/harem/slice of life/whatever else in a hallway? ___\@/___ *faints*
unused

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
njprogfan wrote:
Something other than a school-based comedy/harem/slice of life/whatever else in a hallway? ___\@/___ *faints*

Ha..ha.. true. I'm getting sick of those over sized boobs and minimalist clothing.

I can't wait to see younger Bato. Also, it's kinda weird seeing Aramaki's hair still black. But, I kinda thinking. If it's a prequel, would it mean that Togusa haven't joined Section 9 yet?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:20 am Reply with quote
unused wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

Ha..ha.. true. I'm getting sick of those over sized boobs and minimalist clothing.

We don't mind those! We just wanna see 'em at our age. Laughing
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
unused wrote:
njprogfan wrote:

I can't wait to see younger Bato. Also, it's kinda weird seeing Aramaki's hair still black. But, I kinda thinking. If it's a prequel, would it mean that Togusa haven't joined Section 9 yet?

LOL true about Aramaki it is weird. Very Happy

Togusa's listed in the cast and he's in the group shot so perhaps they are playing around with the timeline of him joining since this seemingly is on it's own.

Awesome teaser. Can't wait for the first full trailer.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1