• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Dirtiest Jobs

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zags

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
And #1 confirms I'm not the only one who thinks about that whenever an Angel explodes. Thank you.
LavenderMintRose

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
I had a bunch of thoughts for what to vote for in the poll before I opened it (partucularly Utau from Shugo Chara). And then I saw that none of the ones I thought of were on the list, so I voted Creamy Mami.
victor viper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:43 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of surprised that the cast of Planetes didn't get some recognition for their dirty jobs. They're trash collectors in space, after all.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
victor viper wrote:
I'm kind of surprised that the cast of Planetes didn't get some recognition for their dirty jobs. They're trash collectors in space, after all.

Good point. It's always fun to see what else gets added to the list.

I'm guessing it doesn't count because it's a manga, but I'd also add the Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service crew.
INS Division 6
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:23 pm Reply with quote
No option to choose Mix Juice Sad
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Since psychologically-dirty jobs count, here: everyone in Gunslinger Girl. Brainwashed child assassin super-soldiers and their surrogate parents (approximately).

For clean-up crews, the one following the Zettai Karen Children around has to be up there on the "fun" scale.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:52 pm Reply with quote
The 765 PRO Idols of course!
scarletmoonwish

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote
No Starish, they basically the definition of a all boys anime idol group
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:05 pm Reply with quote
These polls never have any choices I would select. Why isn't Ho-kago Tea Time listed? Pathetic. But, I've never been an idol-watcher, so I wouldn't know one from another.

I'd pay good money to see Suzumiya Haruhi, Haruhara Haruko, and the Lovely Angels partner up in the ultimate grrl band, with the girls of Lucky Star as backup.

As for dirty jobs, I can't feel more sympathy for anyone than the unnamed worker who has to launder those mountains of ladies' things on board Capt. Napolipolita's ship in Project A-ko.

PlanetES was one of my choices, also. And if Chii gets sympathy, what about the love androids in Ghost in the Shell: Innocence? No wonder they rebelled.

Last edited by gridsleep on Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:15 pm Reply with quote
I'd pay to see Lynn Minmay, that's no contest. She saved the remnant of the humanity and brought culture and emotion back to a race who had lost it, other idols don't have shit on her. There's a ton of idols missing, though, like Eva from Megazone 23.
Mikeski

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
gridsleep wrote:
Why isn't Ho-kago Tea Time listed? Pathetic. But, I've never been an idol-watcher, so I wouldn't know one from another.

You answered your own question. HKTT isn't an idol group. Thus, it's not at all pathetic to leave them off a poll about idols.
sainta

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I can't believe Gintoki Sakata wasn't here. He has done dirty, REALLY DIRTY jobs.
DJcream

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Ironically, I randomed a review of Ghost Talker's Daydream while reading this article. Main character sees ghosts so she works as a private investigator of the supernatural kind. Then she has side jobs at a local S&M club to help with her other job writing sleezy erotic novels. Pretty good stuff to put on a resume to make any employer blush.

As for the idol poll, I've always wanted to see 765Pro in concert. Also shoutouts to Megumi Nakajima and May'n (Ranka Lee and Sheryl Nome) for doing concerts in the U.S. Managed to hit up Anime Expo 2010 for a live performance, and a solo May'n live in San Francisco.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Mikeski wrote:
gridsleep wrote:
Why isn't Ho-kago Tea Time listed? Pathetic. But, I've never been an idol-watcher, so I wouldn't know one from another.

You answered your own question. HKTT isn't an idol group. Thus, it's not at all pathetic to leave them off a poll about idols.

Pff. They should be idols.

The only idols I can think of are Sora Aoi and Jun Kusanagi, but I guess they don't belong on the list, either.
Hamu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:55 pm Reply with quote
scarletmoonwish wrote:
No Starish, they basically the definition of a all boys anime idol group

I opened the list all ready to vote for them. Sad oh well, guess my vote is going to Ranka-chan then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3