• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Summer 2013 Season: Anime List.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
At least two charts came out recently for the upcoming Summer 2013 lineup:

Another version here: http://anichart.net/summer_2013.php

At any rate, some series I'm definitely interested in watching are:

Monogatari Series Second Season: Being a Shaft fan as well as well as Nisio Isin, I am definitely looking forward to this. Nekomonogatari started off great this year and I was a fan of his other works with the usage of his humor in dialogues and word plays.

Tamayura Season 2: I'm not a big fan of the slice of life genre but having watched the first season, it gave me a pleasant experience with the pacing, characters, mood, and backgrounds.

Choujigen Game Neptune The Animation: After checking out many visuals and the PV multiple times, I am quite excited for this one. A few friends of mine also praised the game and expecting a lot of out of this series. I'm expecting exciting stuff from it too.

Rozen Maiden (2013): Loved the first two seasons and definitely going to check out this one. I'm curious on how this will be adapted and how the story will progress. At any rate, this is a third series from the trilogy and one I am excited for.

High School DxD New: I am watching this for the plot :p. Well, more than that, I see some new characters from the preview and being a manga/LN fan of the series, I'm looking forward to this.

Rou Kyuu Bu! SS: My expectations aren't too high for this series but it had some cute moments.

Sailer Moon (2013): Dat childhood memories. I remember this one and there's hype regarding how Sailor Moon will be re adapted for this year. I will be looking forward to see how the studio will handle its characters, plot, etc.

Blood Lad: Wow finally. This series was announced ages ago but finally got some light shed the fact that it will indeed air this summer. I've read the manga so will be looking forward to this. I got this Blue Exorcist vibe from it and based on the preview, I do have some mixed feelings.

Danga Ronpa: I haven't played the game yet but l love the premise of the series. Additionally, the idea of guessing who may or may not die as the series progresses seems to be thrilling so will check this out.

Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi: Excellent visuals and has an interesting premise imo. This is a new series that I've not heard of but definitely keen in checking it out in the future.

Gin no Saji: Looks kinda unique and am interested in the manga as well.

Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: I heard this is a parody but I will watch it for some good laughs

Love Lab: Lol @ the premise. I wonder how this will be handled but I'm ready for some good laughs as well.

Others interested in (some not listed on chart yet but likely):

Anohana Movie
Code Geass Akito 2
Ghost in the Shell: Arise OVA)
HAL
Garden of Words
Uchouten Kazoku
Kiniro Mosaic

Thoughts on the upcoming lineup for summer this year?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rheiders

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's a bit early to tell anything, but I'm looking forward to Silver Spoon because I enjoyed what (admittedly little) I read of the manga. I have also heard very good things about Blood Lad's manga. I watched the trailer for Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi yesterday and it seemed very interesting.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Summer's looking pretty interesting. For definite watches, the new Rozen Maiden, the reboot of Sailor Moon and Silver Spoon -though I dropped the manga 10 chapters in because nothing freaking happened, but I may go back to it if the series catches my attention-. I'm also interested in the premise of Uchoten Kazoku (and I love the character design) and Fate/Kaleid Liner sounds so bonkers I'm definitely checking it out.

I may or may not check out the Monogatari S2. Though I've been told that it's closer to Bake than Nise, the bad impression that the latter left behind has hindered my desire to get involved with the series any more (I haven't even watched Neko)

Blood Lad sounds really cool, and reminds me of Zombie Loan and AoEx, but the PV had a little too much boob bouncing for my confort, so I'll approach it with caution and not-so-high expectations

Danganropa (a school with a bear headmaster and a murder mistery), Genei wo Kakeru (tarot superpowers, hopefully better executed than Arcana Famiglia) and Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi (a world abandoned by God) all sound at least interesting (the latter most of all). If a good part of the springs series I pick up are over by summer, I may check some of them out.

That I'm interested in so many series when not even half of the line-up is out worries me to no end. I only have time to watch around 11 shows per season I can't afford to be interested in so many shows D:
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
Monogatari Season 2 is definite for me considering I've been a sap for the older offerings of the franchise. Will likely check out the new Rozen Maiden anime as well, though I'm still curious how the season's being adapted (sequel, prequel, reboot).

Otherwise for new stuff, premise for Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi has my interest for the show and while I'm a Fate fan, I'll be approaching Fate/ Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya with caution since it looks like it could degenerate into a garden-variety mahou shoujo anime.

Otherwise, I guess I'll wait and see on how ANN and others react to the other summer offerings when July comes along.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 am Reply with quote
While I sadly right now don't have the internet connection to watch any new anime (streaming would destroy my bandwidth), I have a long list of stuff I would like to watch eventually and a few of these shows will definitely make it (and some will be quite high as far as priority goes).

Sailor Moon! I can't wait to see what they do with this new series. I've definitely be expecting it to be a bit closer to the manga than the original so I'm excited to see if I'm right or not.

Silver Spoon is a show I've heard lots about, so I'll definitely be checking it out. Servant X Service could be good, so long as its not too fanservicy (I would be more interested if it was josei rather than seinen).

There are a few others that could be interesting but I think I'll wait till the reviews start coming out to get too excited for any of them.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:25 am Reply with quote
Is Sailor Moon still on track for this summer? I've heard virtually NO new information ever since the announcement was made. Hell, I thought I would have heard something during this year's TAF or ACE.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote
Definitely going to watch Monogatari Because it never cease to amaze me.
I will check Rozen Maiden as well. I wonder if they're going to remake the whole series, or continue the previous season. (I think the former is more likely though.)

Silver Spoon is pretty popular, but I never checked it out by myself because it doesn't really hit my interest... A lot of my friends recommended the manga to me, so maybe I'll check the anime...

I will also check for TWGOK OVA : Kanon 100% even though it doesn't really spark my interest.
Volibear

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:29 am Reply with quote
Urgh, this season looks weak to me. Out of the 29 shows confirmed (i'm not sure all are though, I think some where delayed) I only see 3 that i'm actually interested in watching:

• Blood Lad
  • Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi
  • Silver Spoon

If I actually get round to finishing their predecessors I'll watch Monogatari 2nd Season and the new Rozen Maiden series. But apart from that i'm not seeing anything that piques my interest.
For the sake of something to watch I might try to watch High School DxD NEW, Love Lab, Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou and Brothers Conflict. But that's only if I feel desperate for something to watch.
I'll watch GitS: Arise as well when it surfaces, and maybe the new Ah! My Goddess OVA as well.

That's a big comedown for me though. Without fail I've watched at least 12 series/season for the past 18 months now, and most times it's been closer to 17 or 18. So not being able to even force 10, let alone pick out 10 easily, is hugely disappointing at this stage.
Hopefully some more stuff is announced that i'll be interested in, but nothing is even popping into my head at this stage that's coming up, so I fear a barren season for myself this time around.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:50 am Reply with quote
Actually, Sailor Moon is a definite NO this summer. I hear thst itMIGHT br released 2014.

As for what Im looking forward too:

The World God Only Knows-Most excited for this one. Huge fan of first two seasons and thr manga. Hope to see many more seasons for it Smile

C3 Bu-Mixing two of my favorite things, girls and guns, how can I not be interested?

Its Not My Fault-I love Tomoko! she's so adorable! lol Hope its actually a full series instead of a bunch of shorts.

Inu To Hasami-Looks interesting. Comedy sbout a cteepy girl who tortures her dog. I'll try it out Razz

Blood Lad-I get a sort of "The Devil is a Part-timer" feel from it. So yea ill watch.

Kamisama & Genei wo-a little less interested in these but ill try them

Theres 4 OVAs as well
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
Will definitely check out:
Blood Lad. The premise interests me, and I like the art.
Sailor Moon. If it happens this season.
Makai Ouji. It looks pretty.
Free! Pretty boys!
Kimi no Iru Machi. It seems like it could be quite sweet.
Uchouten Kazou. I'll try anything PA Works put out.
Kamisama no Inai Nichiyoubi. I'm always up for a mystery.

Will get around to once I've seen their prequels:
Rozen Maiden
Monogatari
The World God Only Knows
Hakkenden
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Rozen Maiden is a definite watch.

Kamisama No Inai Nichiyoubi and Blood Lad have peaked my interest as well.
ANO HANA MOVIE, YES.

Treeborn wrote:
Actually, Sailor Moon is a definite NO this summer.

I weep. ;____;
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
No JJBA: Stardust Crusaders? Pass.

Oh well, hopefully Neptunia will at least do well enough that DP can afford to actually animate the next season of JoJo...
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote
YESSSSSSSSSSS! Kimi No Iru Machi is coming out this summer. I really hope this is a 25-26 episode series since the manga is already up to chapter 226. Although I am confused by the picture, spoiler[the short black hair girl shows up in the 2nd half of the manga so I have no idea why the other girls who show up in the beginning are not in the picture. ]
Galap

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:00 pm Reply with quote
To me, the only one that looks even remotely interesting is Gin no Saji. I'd like to see a Japanese take on urban vs rural fish out of water humor.

Sadly, it doesn't look like there's any serious scifi this time around, which is kind of disappointing.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Not enough here for a real list so just a few random thoughts:

-Literally nothing here that I can say I'll definitely check out. Really though, I'm not complaining. Summer is always the most sparse season by far and there's never a lot to watch, especially if you're just looking at new shows and not continuations.

-What's going on with noitaminA again? Have they just got one new show for the summer? And I've only heard about one show scheduled for next fall. Does that mean the block is being scaled back to a half hour?

-Cannot really say I'm excited for Silver Spoon. It'll probably be competent or even good because noitaminA but it`s just not my thing. May or may not watch it.

-Blood Lad and Makia Ouji, both don't immediately put me off. So yeah, there could be something there. Who knows. Very little to swing my opinion one way or the other.

-Conversely, Danganronpa could be good maybe but could also be very bad. I'm wary of anything set in highschool or with a really large cast though and the talking bear doesn't bode well for this being more serious and less ridiculous. Still, very cool premise with a lot of potential for interesting twists and turns. Gonna play this one by ear.

-Much like Severing Crime Edge before it, Kamisama no yada yada receives the much coveted "Weird enough premise that I'll keep an eye on it" award.

-You know, Fate/Linear Kaleidoscope Illya's Panties might not be literally the worst of the things per se but it's gotta be up there with the most shameless pandering cash ins.

-I fully admit this is just supposition and it may not have gone down like this...but I just can't get over the idea that someone at Aniplex or Type Moon was sitting behind his desk and though...FSN remake? Heaven's Feel route maybe? Nah...Illya magical girl echii is the way to go. I hate you mystery Aniplex/Type Moon executive.

-Watamote basically sounds like Kuragehime if Kuragehime was awful. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2