• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Xillia RPG to Ship in U.S. on August 6

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:02 am Reply with quote
Excellent news. Smile Amazon posited a December 31 release date. Very Happy I've already got my copy preordered.

No way in hell am I downloading a 15GB game again. Atelier Ayesha took around 2 hours, and that's in Japan, the country with the world's fastest broadband.
Altacia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
PSN is strange...

An 8 Gig Game can take like 10/15 Minutes to Download... Then a 14 Gig Game took me 2 Hours.

You'd think half hour tops.

Rolling Eyes
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
Well that's good news to hear for American fans.

Here's the bad news: The 2 Tales game on Vita, Namco Bandai has no plan to bring those 2 Vita Tales games to the US. Anyway to prove Namco Bandai wrong to make those 2 Tales game to get a US release.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:

Here's the bad news: The 2 Tales game on Vita, Namco Bandai has no plan to bring those 2 Vita Tales games to the US. Anyway to prove Namco Bandai wrong to make those 2 Tales game to get a US release.

It all depends on sales, if xillia sells well, then maybe they do bring them over
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

It all depends on sales, if xillia sells well, then maybe they do bring them over

Not really. His reasoning for why they're not bringing over the Vita games has no bearing on how well a game on a different system sells.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Not really. His reasoning for why they're not bringing over the Vita games has no bearing on how well a game on a different system sells.

We're only getting xilia because graces f sold well---they even stated that
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

We're only getting xilia because graces f sold well---they even stated that

What does that have to do with what I said? Yeah, a PS3 game selling well means another PS3 game gets localized. Baba said they aren't localizing Vita games because people don't have a Vita in NA... a PS3 game selling isn't going to make more people own a Vita.
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:57 am Reply with quote
HyugaHinata wrote:
Excellent news. Smile Amazon posited a December 31 release date. Very Happy I've already got my copy preordered.

Anytime a site posts "Dec 31" as the release date, it's almost always a placeholder date that the site posts to be on the safe side, it's their way of saying, "it's supposed to be out this year, but we don't know when, so we'll post the last day of the year so any updates will only move it up closer, as opposed to making it look like we lied to you in a bad way".

Anyway, looking forward to it. Graces F was really good, but didn't live up to the other Tales games I've played due to a weaker story and a few of the cast not being that impressive (or in Cheria's case, downright awful). Ni no Kuni was kinda underwhelming (it was good, just not deserving of all that hype it got) so hopefully Xillia will make up for that.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:47 am Reply with quote
FINALLY is all I can say. It's taken them so long to get Xillia localized. Very annoying how Japan got the sequel and we haven't even gotten the original. I mean it took them alot longer then it felt it should but I'm just really glad we are getting it.

One thing I would really still like to see happen is the PS3 version of Vesperia. Vesperia is my personal favorite in the series and the idea of much more dialog and all that made me very happy and then we never saw it here. I kinda wanna know why. I have heard many things from articles with people from Namco Bandai and the reason always seems to change. First it was blamed on lack of series sales and then there was another excuse. The one I think most people settled on though is that Microsoft may have a hand in it some how as the first version was exclusive to the Xbox and they are known to lock games down like that.

I also hope that if Xillia does well enough to warrent them bringing Xillia 2 over I hope they don't take as long. With the next gen starting at the end of the year I fear if they took to long with the second game it might get lost in the next gen hype.

Regardless I can't wait to play Xillia it's been a long time coming and I have liked most of what I have seen so great news
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
It's nice to have a date for it, I just wish it was a few weeks earlier so I'd have a decent amount of time to play it before the new semester starts (as a teacher, so its earlier for me than for the students). Well, I guess I know about when to use my vacation now.
hojo 360

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I beat the JP ver now to beat the NA ver
DaCain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
bummer i was hoping for at least a July release oh well at least they finally announced the date because somewhere deep down i was starting to think they were gona let it quietly go under
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
What does that have to do with what I said? Yeah, a PS3 game selling well means another PS3 game gets localized. Baba said they aren't localizing Vita games because people don't have a Vita in NA... a PS3 game selling isn't going to make more people own a Vita.

And what Im saying is that they're all tales games, so if the franchise sells well in general, then they'll bring more game out for every system in that franchise
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Hm...if I pick it up on launch date that gives me about a month and a week to beat it before GTAV launches.

About how long does it take to beat a Tales game? I got Graces F but I never finished it due to school and not having a TV often and gave it to my friend (who beat it himself). Speaking of, how much post-story content do they tend to have? I like games that have plenty to do after you beat the "main game", so to speak.
Kazemon15

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Hm...if I pick it up on launch date that gives me about a month and a week to beat it before GTAV launches.

About how long does it take to beat a Tales game? I got Graces F but I never finished it due to school and not having a TV often and gave it to my friend (who beat it himself). Speaking of, how much post-story content do they tend to have? I like games that have plenty to do after you beat the "main game", so to speak.

Usually, tales games have quite alot. This also includes secret dungeons, like in Graces F, you have a big secret dungeon to go through as well as some many more sidequests.

I capped around 80-100 hours each Tales game.

Not sure about Xilla though, but Tales games are good regardless, so I would recommend picking it up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2