• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 pm Reply with quote
Check your email and confirm your email address in the message they sent you. Though it won't do much good since mine is listed as back-ordered so yours will probably be the same. Sad
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:38 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Check your email and confirm your email address in the message they sent you. Though it won't do much good since mine is listed as back-ordered so yours will probably be the same. Sad

I don;t think it went through actually. Sad

Now that I know it is back-ordered I might just wait and try to order it with Mononoke instead. Hopefully Siren Visual will get more in stock soon.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
You can check whether it went through by going to the site logging in and viewing your account.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:23 am Reply with quote
Oh wow, really sorry if it caused y'all any headaches. I've never experienced any errors but I'll keep that in mind next time.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least I could order it, the option to do so on Siren's site disappeared. The real question is still the same I guess; when will Siren print more if ever? Because that's the only way I'd get mine from Chaos now that they're backordered too. They already charged me for it so it better come.

If this doesn't work out, I can buy the series in the two "parts" but it would be significantly more costly then the complete collection.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Devoted DVD have "Very Limited Stock" of the Dennou Coil complete collection:
http://www.devoteddvd.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82608

Never used them personally but don't recall hearing of any problems from those who have and they ship internationally.

-- edit --

A single copy available here: http://www.dvdorchard.com.au/186611/dennou-coil-complete-series-japanese-anime-on-dvd

Not used them and indeed hadn't heard of them till today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Well it looks like mine shipped out. Cool
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:05 am Reply with quote
^Lucky You Smile

I just sent an E-mail to Siren asking for clarification on the stock of the complete Dennou Coil box set. I wasn't under the impression that it was a limited collection so it seems weird to me that they are out of stock and won't be producing more.

But I think I am going to hold off on ordering until I hear directly from Siren what is happening with this set. I guess if worse comes to worse I can spend $20 more and just get parts 1 and 2 (which still are in stock).
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:14 am Reply with quote
I was at JB Hi Fi in the city today, which is a high turn over, discount store, and they had both the Dennou Coil complete collection and the two individual volumes for sale.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:28 am Reply with quote
Okay good news everyone, the Complete Collection of Dennou Coil is not going out of stock. Just got this message from Siren Visual

Quote:

It will be in stock Monday morning. I will update the website asap.
zrdb

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
I've gotten all my AU releases from Chaos which has free shipping (internationally!) for all orders over $60 (not sure if AUD or USD).

http://us.chaos.com/DVD/dennou-coil-complete-series/dp/12987245

Well, I ordered but I got an error message, then I went into my email and saw an order confirmation, so it seems it went through...probably. Confused

I just ordered from Chaos last night and got an error message 3 times but checked my email a few hours later and had a confirmation message.
Go figure?
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just Denoh Coil's greatness overloading the website. Razz
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
Up @ Madman Ent. (July 3rd)

WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 pm Reply with quote
http://www.madman.com.au/news/madman-acquisition-round-up-april-2013/
Quote:
FATE/ZERO

This is the story that goes back to zero, back to the beginning. The ultimate battle royal, in which seven Masters vying for control of the miracle-granting Holy Grail summon seven Servants and fight until only one remains… The Holy Grail War. Who will come out on top?

FATE/ZERO will be released on bilingual DVD and Blu-Ray in the future.

EDIT: Madman Ent. has hinted about a Blue Exorcist bilingual release before. Now it's looking like Blu-ray format will be part of it.

via ANN AU
Quote:
Madman Panel - Supanova Gold Coast April 2013

Q: Do you think we would lose a lot of sales if we didn't include a dub?

A: Yes, we do lose a lot of sales if we don't include a dub. A lot of people come up to our booth and ask us if this includes English audio, you would be very surprised. In fact, the split of the audience is about 50/50, which is why we try to include a dub or wait a bit so we can include one. In saying that, we are happy to release titles in subtitles only, such as with Blue Exorcist; but now of course there is a dub coming out for that so we have to re-release it. But the good thing for that is we can do a Blu-Ray release for the dual language version.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:10 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, Fate/Zero AND Blue Exorcist? Both on bilingual blurays?

Australia, I am now genuinely jealous of you. Madman has officially become my favorite non-R1 licensee. I will happily import your blurays instead of getting sodomized by AoA from now on. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 23