• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
I need a very good fighting anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluepita

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
I'll be the thrid vote for Hunter x Hunter. Excellent anime, everyone I have shown it to has loved it.
quicksilverus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:15 am Reply with quote
Hunter X Hunter is a good show but it doesn't focus a lot on the fighting as it does adventuring.

Since you liked shows like DBZ, I'd recommend YuYu Hakusho. It's filled with awesome fights without spending 10 episodes just to finish one.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:30 am Reply with quote
After going back and rereading what I wrote I thought I'd clarify, quicksilverus is right. HxH is more of an adventure shounen that, while it focuses on fights quite a bit, they're not exactly the kind of fights you'll find in most shows and probably isn't the kind you're looking for. (however, like I said, it's not a fighting anime, but it's close enough that I still think you'd really enjoy it)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmDiPi_Micke

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:44 am Reply with quote
The new anime Kiba could be in your interest. Only 12 episodes has been released in Japan so far, I'm not sure that you can buy any DVDs until the last episode has been aired (should be at springtime, or at the end of this summer (only 26 scheduled episodes)).

I'm following it via my TV at home Cool

Look for it anyway.

Other animes that might interest you has already been mentioned, but since I'm such a great guy, here's a reminder:

Hunter X Hunter Twisted Evil ... and the other stuff.
free2slap

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:10 am Reply with quote
quicksilverus wrote:
Hunter X Hunter is a good show but it doesn't focus a lot on the fighting as it does adventuring.

Since you liked shows like DBZ, I'd recommend YuYu Hakusho. It's filled with awesome fights without spending 10 episodes just to finish one.

i think for an anime to be at its best features, the story is more approachable of what we want and what makes an anime perfect. take fullmetal achemist for instance, why this anime is so popular it's because of the story and it focus on fighting scenes quite a bit too but when they get to those fighting scenes that's at the point where it excites us. naruto started that way too with a good following story then it gets to the point they just forgot everything and it's only fighting meanwhile everything is repeatable and we become less appeal to it. 1st episode they fight, 2nd episode they fight.......till the end. that's why as a fan of FMA , I'd recommend HXH
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Cowboy Bebop, Samaraui Champloo, and Hellsing (ova + tv) might have some of what your looking for; they are all pretty much based on violence. Elfen Lied - MAYBE, but that's more of just a blood bath than violence.
Gage

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:54 pm Reply with quote
Yes, that is a good fighting anime, Street Fighter II. That's the best I can give you. If you're into sword combat, check out Ruroni Kenshin which is not bad but I prefer SF II.
Arcanite Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:10 pm Reply with quote
You could try Full Metal Alchemist. The fight scenes in that show were interesting and numerous (and I liked how there was always some special trick to kill the enemy). Cowboy Bebop and Ikki tousen (fanservice) have some cool martial arts fighting. Chrono Crusade and Trigun have some really great fights, most of them at long range tho.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ryozo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
I definately suggest Yu Yu Hakusho. If you haven't heard of it, it's about a 14-year-old guy who is chosen to become a spirit detective by the 'other' world leader. His job is to locate and usually fight demons that have stolen a valuable item or escaped or something to that effect. Not to spoil too much of it but later on he allies himself with some friends, saves a chick, enters a tournament, etc. So it's a good fighting anime with many super-natural powers/weapons and techniques used so you may want to check it out.

It's hard to mention Yu Yu Hakusho without mentioning Flame of Recca. Not only are they both focused on fighting with super-natural powers/weapons, the main character in Flame of Recca also allies himself with some friends, saves a chick, enters a tournament, etc. I found the fighting really unique in both of these titles, except for being similar to each other. The strategies and techniques are also well thought out without taking too much time aside to explain, and out of the real fighting.
Gage

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Yu Yu Hakusho is also a good fighting anime I agree. "Yu Yu Hakusho: The Movie" is equally good. The perfect anime for me as, a good fighting anime complete with graphical scenes, some swearing dialougue (as in Yu Yu Jakusho the movie, Cowboy Beebop, Street Fighter and other animes.) And finally, the anime needs to have some sort of a major twist to it. Thats what I love to watch.
yusuke1022

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:37 pm Reply with quote
Yu Yu Hakusho!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edup

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Fighting anime huh. Well Check out Hajime no Ippo.

I have this game jajaja loll than all of you for your help any other?
jeromeskee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:17 pm Reply with quote
While good fights are necessary in any action-oriented anime, I think a great storyline that makes the fights meaningful is even more necessary.

I add a vote for Hunter x Hunter. While this anime probably focuses more on adventure, it breaks out of the norms that most popular fighting animes are accustomed to (i.e. new enemy arrives and everyone gets stronger to beat the new enemy). The fighting system involving Nen energy is probably the most unique fighting energy system I've seen. Plus, the characters are all unique and very likeable. All in all, it's probably my all time favorite shounen series.

Hajime no Ippo aka Fighting Spirit is also a great anime with an excellent storyline and great boxing action.

Also, if you're into swordfighting action, I highly recommend Rurouni Kenshin (the TV series). It's probably the best samurai anime ever. The second season that takes place in Kyoto has the best fights in the entire series. The Samurai X OVA Trust and Betrayal, which is part of Rurouni Kenshin, is also a must-see. The sword fights flow really well.

Finally, if you're into basic tournament fighting style anime, I recommend Yu Yu Hakusho (which was created by the same author as Hunter x Hunter and is similar in a lot of ways to Bleach) and Flame of Recca.
opaquescum

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Might I suggest the following.

Gantz this is the extreme end of the action fighting genre, but the action in the series is just glorious. Imagine liveing inside a videogame. A fantastic soundtrack, and a dark sense of humor make the series alot of fun. Not everyone gets into the story. So read up on it and see if you are interested.

animenewsnetwork.com/reviews/display.php?id=634
edup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:02 am Reply with quote
I've been reading all your post and thanks I'm already searching for almost every series youve mentioned except for cowboy bebop. Very Happy thanks a lot keep on it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3