• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Perfect / Pointless / Poignant Quotes.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
the newest The Stream
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. I understand why the Mods deleted tunesworth1910's post. It was clearly blatant trolling, no doubt about that, and ikillchicken only quoted one small part of the rant. But I would have preferred that my post mocking the guy and of course ikillchicken's barb had both stayed. Ah well, the Mods were only doing their job, so I can't blame them.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:07 pm Reply with quote
My method is that if I end up deleting a problem post, I delete everything related to it. Call it "extreme sterilization" or something to that degree.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:31 pm Reply with quote
That's cool. I don't mind. If you're gonna remove his post it makes sense to remove mine too.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
Thought this one was pretty funny:

Parse Error wrote:
Cecilthedarkknight_234 wrote:
This thread is not even worth an nano-second of my time.

Congratulations on becoming the world's fastest typist.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
From the "Odd anime misunderstandings" thread:

ThisShadeofCrimson wrote:
Some people expected there to be more jazz than there was in Kids on the Slope. I expected more snowboarding.

Made me giggle, anyway.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
dtm42's gem from the Tom Cruise to Star in Film of Yukikaze Sc-Fi Novels Talkback thread. Brace yourself for Major Spoilers!:

dtm42 wrote:
^
I am hereby going to speak the biggest spoiler of the most famous and widely-read fictional story ever told, The New Testament:

spoiler[Jesus dies on the cross but then comes back to life after three days because deus ex machina. And that explains why every year, sometime around April, we raid the nests of the shy species chocolatus rabbitus and devour their young.]

Huge spoiler and all that, but it's okay because I used spoiler tags. Those who still haven't read the book yet have been shielded from the harsh truth, even though they've only had two thousand years to read it. Aren't I so mature and courteous towards them?

Laughing
Galap

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
dtm42's gem from the Tom Cruise to Star in Film of Yukikaze Sc-Fi Novels Talkback thread. Brace yourself for Major Spoilers!:

dtm42 wrote:
^
I am hereby going to speak the biggest spoiler of the most famous and widely-read fictional story ever told, The New Testament:

spoiler[Jesus dies on the cross but then comes back to life after three days because deus ex machina. And that explains why every year, sometime around April, we raid the nests of the shy species chocolatus rabbitus and devour their young.]

Huge spoiler and all that, but it's okay because I used spoiler tags. Those who still haven't read the book yet have been shielded from the harsh truth, even though they've only had two thousand years to read it. Aren't I so mature and courteous towards them?

Laughing

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

That's great. Love you, DTM Wink
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
This is what I do, here, at ANN.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:10 pm Reply with quote
^
You're a trash collector? Wow, that's news to me. I thought you were a no-nonsense cop, mercilessly gunning down offending posts like Judge Dredd. I don't why I believed that, there was just something indescribable about you - almost like an aura - that led me to think of law enforcement rather than trash collection.

Huh.

Anyway, new post for the thread. This one comes from Furudanuki, and I'm surprised it hasn't been added yet:

Furudanuki wrote:
Melanchthon wrote:
But I want people to call them what they are, and not try to Internet White Knight their masturbatory fantasies.

onANNomania - The obsessive anxiety that someone, somewhere, is masturbating to anime characters.

I'm frankly flabbergasted that this thread had run for over 6 pages without anyone bringing up masturbation but I knew that it was too good to last. Though it probably is some sort of a record for a thread discussing moe, let alone one that has the word "moe" in the title.

I like Furudanuki's weary rebuke.

"onANNomania"? Excellent turn of phrase there. Perhaps willag can add it to his or her chart?
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
^
You're a trash collector? Wow, that's news to me. I thought you were a no-nonsense cop, mercilessly gunning down offending posts like Judge Dredd. I don't why I believed that, there was just something indescribable about you - almost like an aura - that led me to think of law enforcement rather than trash collection.

Huh.

Well, I originally wanted to post this, but I thought some people would turn prudish and call me politically incorrect because a moderator on a website shouldn't be posting NSFW-'cause-it's-too-graphic-violence Youtube clips.

In fact, I wanted to make one of those "job meme" posts about "what I think I do / people think I do / really do," but I didn't wanna' turn one of my posts into a video clip hub.
varmintx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Well, I originally wanted to post this, but I thought some people would turn prudish and call me politically incorrect because a moderator on a website shouldn't be posting NSFW-'cause-it's-too-graphic-violence Youtube clips.
Those awesome slow-mo shots lose a little something from their 3D counterparts. Especially the last one in the film.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Yep. Can't watch this movie in anything other than 3D.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:18 am Reply with quote
This is kinda true. Laughing
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Anime girls typically have boobs bigger than their heads.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
This post about the Free! announcement really has me in stitches right now:
willag wrote:
This anime deeply offends my delicate sensibilities...

... there is no Butterfly swimmer.

INCOMPREHENSIBLE! UNFORGIVABLE! WE BUTTERFLIERS ARE THE GODLIEST OF THE LOT AND SHOULD HAVE OUR EVERY WHIM CATERED TO!

KyoAni, you struck me cold. I don't know if I'll ever be able to get beyond a betrayal of this magnitude.

Considering some of the other things people have said in that thread, I suspect it's only a matter of time before Poe's Law, in the broader sense of course, kicks in and somebody takes offense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 96 of 105