• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Inu Yasha, St. Seiya on YTV

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Saint Seiya can't air without some heavy cutting. Wasn't there a part where somebody's arms got ripped off?

And the level of blood in that anime can't possibly get good reviews by the producers.

In the future, I can imagine YTV getting One Piece and Slayers. And I imagine myself never watching that channel again. Cool
Tenchi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 6:07 pm Reply with quote
I dunno about YTV showing Slayers just yet... too much boob content... let's take anime on YTV one step at a time.

Also, I get the weird idea that Knights of the Zodiac may be a bigger hit for YTV than a lot of people think simply because I get so many hits to my blog for people looking for Knights of the Zodiac information or pictures and I had only mentioned that show once in passing (don't care much for Saint Seiya myself) before I commented about all the people finding my blog looking for Knights of the Zodiac and gave a few links. In comparison, I mention Sailor Moon a fair bit more and get hardly any Sailor Moon-related hits...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Retrohelix

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:21 pm Reply with quote
That's what i've been trying to say, saint seiya has high levels of blood, i just saw a couple of clips from cn.com and that was nasty, horrible, seems americans don't understand the meaning of a silent moment, they have to make up stupid lines for moments where nothing's supposed to be said, but anyway, yes, there's a part where some guy got his arms ripped off, and in the same episode another guy has his head ripped off, in the first episode some guy has his ear ripped off, and in the forth episode one of the main characters actually dies, hehe, i dont know why theyre choosing this ones, specially in canada. By the way, tenchi, if someone asks you about knights of the zodiac tell them to look for saint seiya instead, knights of the zodiac doesnt really exists as a word to look for, instead saint seiya will give enough info and other media so they will stop buggin you Wink .
Tenchi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am Reply with quote
Well, I give links both to the official DiC Knights of the Zodiac site, and the directory page at Anipike.com for Saint Seiya sites, as well as a Google Image Search for Saint Seiya pics. I'm not taking sides in terms of SS vs. KotZ. In all honesty, I don't give a rat's butt about that show either way, but, even if I did, it will be like Cardcaptor Sakura & Cardcaptors; I'd just buy the subtitled, intact version for myself and ignore the TV dub, saving it for the kiddies it's aimed at.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blakerson

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:14 am Reply with quote
Holy crap! Something more than Hamtaro and Pokemon! Thank you YTV! *seriously anime deprived* I hope Inu Yasha is okay... *prepares stick to beat off fangirls*

Ohhh, this is refreshing news. Thanks, YTV.
Aurora

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I'm more enthusiastic about InuYasha than Knights of the Zodiac, personally. If InuYasha proves to be a success, who knows what we may get?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
cignusyury

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:01 pm Reply with quote
hello, I am new, I have seen some chapter of saint seiya (knights of the zodiac)en language japones subtitled in english ,they are expectaculares!!! I have seen about 15 chapters,es an excellent anime, Surprised Surprised recommended!!!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy thanks for the welcome !!!!!1
Haades

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:45 pm Reply with quote
I can't say too much about the series, although it was pretty entertaining. The language was a little harsh which brought the show to a more manly standard. Also, the animation is the worst thing this 80's hit has going against it. The story is amazing, and the themes are masterpiece material. Now, when the series starts progressing after and through the sanctuary you tend to forgive the graphics a little bit and focus entirely on the wild turns the story is taking. Then, when you get to the Hades OVAs is over. I am confident enough in the Hades OVA to put up against any anime out there. I give you Hades and some TenKai Hen, the movie. Now who wants to say something?
Tenchi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Damn, why do Saint Seiya fans keep on bumping ancient threads?

But, since the thread's been bumped anyway.

Tenchi wrote:

Also, I get the weird idea that Knights of the Zodiac may be a bigger hit for YTV than a lot of people think...

Okay, I wasn't exactly batting 1.000 with my "sweet" prognostication skills.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:36 pm Reply with quote
Please do not bump three-month old, no-longer relevant threads. It doesn't really contribute anything outside of a bit of added confusion in terms of current events, as the vast majority of users have moved on since this review/newspiece/whatever was posted.

Locked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1