• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Selling off your collection

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you sell or trade things from your collection?
Spambot stock is selling fast!
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
I sell/trade off almost everything, I don't see the point in rewatching/rereading anything
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I sell/trade off a lot of stuff, only keeping what I really like
10%
 10%  [ 10 ]
I sell/trade off a few things here and there, when I need more room or money
19%
 19%  [ 19 ]
I only sell/trade titles I really really hated
32%
 32%  [ 32 ]
I never sell/trade anything no matter how much I hated it
35%
 35%  [ 35 ]
Total Votes : 99

CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:14 am Reply with quote
Though I voted "I never ever sell anything no matter how much I hate it", it would be more appropriate to say "I never buy anything unless I truly love it" because I'm really short on money and space so I have to handpick anything I want to buy. This is only talking about manga, since I don't own any DVD, though the same rules apply to the very few pirated DVD's I do own, that's how limited my space is.
Polycell

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
So far the only thing I've ever sold was an unopened Witch Hunter Robin I realized I was never going to watch. I have a figure or two I'm idly considering selling, but that's mostly because I'm unsure I'll be able to afford to complete the collection. That I've taken to sellingdonating my precious bodily fluid might make it possible, though(there's also been a rumor of a raise going around my workplace, which if it pans out will see the rest preordered posthaste).
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:36 am Reply with quote
Never traded or sold anything. I'd be more inclined to give the few things that I didn't like away, but I sincerely doubt that the few people that like anime in my circle of friends would even want it. Not to mention that I've had those dvds for years so even if they would like it, it would probably be pretty difficult to find the remaining dvds at a reasonable price.

There's really only one thing (well, 4 dvds) that I would love to find a new home for, because I ended up buying the British release instead. There was a gap of a year and a half between dvd 4 and 5 Shocked and after waiting half a year, I eventually decided not to wait any longer.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
If I really don't want something I give it to a relative or friend who likes it.
Tris8

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
I've yet to sell or trade anything, but that's probably due more to being new to the collecting game then an unwillingness to do so. My collection at this point is pretty small and only contains things I've really enjoyed save for a couple items that were blind-bought.
Ecchi-Go

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:15 am Reply with quote
I sometimes wonder why I buy Anime. Many of my favorites can't be purchased in a good bundle on Blu-ray, and I am such a novice at buying it online (since it's not readily available in stores near where I live), half the time I don't end up getting what I thought I was getting. *backa* *backa!*

It's too bad these companies that pick up selling rights don't go to a model where you can order all but limited editions online and then just stamp one out at the time it's ordered.

I would seriously fill out my collection if it could be so easy!
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:11 pm Reply with quote
From a personal standpoint, I never sell anything from my collection. Once an item enters it, it's in there for good! Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Polls All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2