• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation to Unveil New Anime Next Friday

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Serphirs wrote:
It's actually the swimming anime.

That one shows the position of each one standing. They just may be wearing some towels or t-shirts. But I see them clearly in pre-swiming position or something.

Also the blue color of the page and the silhouettes.

I still find it weird to have anything wrapped around the neck in that way other than a scarf. After seeing the Kyoukai no Kanata picture, I'm almost completely convinced that the character on the left is the one with the scarf. That said, I wouldn't exactly say the one on the right's silhouette matches with the other male character, or that it matches either of the girls either (the hair still seems way too masculine). It could be a different character from the novels, like an antagonist or something...

Or I could be way off base. That's always a possibility. Especially since I can't solve the mystery of why, in your small picture, the seemingly-scarf-wearing character's ankles are so skinny. In the Kyoukai no Kanata picture, his ankles are covered with long pant-legs...
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I'm hoping for Rewrite tbh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Helius

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Am I the only person that still wants Haruhi S3 and FMP final? Surprise guests makes me kind think it's a sequel to something but KyoAni seems to hate sequels now days.

But honestly, I'll be happy no matter what it is. KyoAni has never failed me

Oh yeah? KyoAni fails me every time a new anime is announced and there's no FMP in sight.

So as things stand, if it's indeed FMP then "woot! woot!". But if it turns out to be yet another moe jigamaree, see if I care.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:31 pm Reply with quote
ANN_Bamboo wrote:
Am I the only person hoping for a show about middle-aged office ladies who sell insurance during the day, and gab about collecting Precious Memories dolls during their breaks?

Jesus, that'd be HOT.

Not an insurance seller, but I think Hatakari Man would be perfect if you haven't already seen it Bamboo. Laughing

FMP: Unless the character designs were changed in the novels/manga, than I doubt Sousuke and Chidori looks anything close to the silhouettes. Especially the top of their heads: http://karmaburn.com/files/screenshots/fmp/second_raid/sagarachidori0601.jpg

Rewrite: This desktop image from Key doesn't feature many short haired characters. I honestly don't think the person on the left (closests to viewer) has a ponytail otherwise there will be strands of hair not just a "block" of hair.

Hyouka: Yet again, look at the top of their heads!!! Even if the two silhouettes are guys, the hairstyle looks nothing like Hōtarō or Satoshi, let alone Eru or Mayaka.

Unless KyoAni wants to pull a SqaureEnix with TWEWY's countdown, there's not reason to think that with the already announced Kyōkai no Kanata. Also, once more, top of their heads looks nothing like the silhouettes.

Haruhi Suzumiya= Look. At. Their. Hair. No sequel here either.

The past KyoAni commercials- It won't be this one, or this one, or this one, or this one (which sucks since I liked Nichijou's art style), or this one.

Which leaves the swimming boys commercial... Er...maybe?
Here's a screencap in contrast to an earlier concept art. The new males have more "mass" than the older, leaner ones. The silhouettes are foreshortened so they look skinny. The person on the left (farthest away) hair looks similar to the Purple haired guy but, too slim yet, has a similar chin. The right one looks similar to the Blue haired guy (I also think he/she is wearing a towel). So....yeah. I don't know. Razz
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Serphirs wrote:
It's actually the swimming anime.

Look at the full picture (the foots).
Sry for the size.

That one shows the position of each one standing. They just may be wearing some towels or t-shirts. But I see them clearly in pre-swiming position or something.

Also the blue color of the page and the silhouettes.

The fans were rewarded after all. xd

pd: Sry if my english is weird.

Laughing Haha. Imagine if Kyoani went on to pander to the fujoshi now, the moe crowd wont be able to take two hit this early this year, first Aku no Hana and if Kyonai "betrays" them...god, it world be epic.

Yet again, the situation calls for new waters, Tamako big flop, Nichijou atrocious flop, Hoyoka just ok, not going past 10k, only chuu2 was a big hit...

Look at the feet!! The look naked feet to me. I would still finding surprising if its the swimming anime but it would be EPIC
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
Kougeru wrote:
Am I the only person that still wants Haruhi S3 and FMP final? Surprise guests makes me kind think it's a sequel to something but KyoAni seems to hate sequels now days.

But honestly, I'll be happy no matter what it is. KyoAni has never failed me

I would love either! And look at the hair on the one on the right... Look a little like Sousuke Sagara with his arms folded in front of his chest, face turned toward the "camera"? The other one is slightly shorter, has long hair, perhaps a ribbon... Maybe Kaname? Please???

It is 2013, and that was the year that the something with a "long awaited feeling to it" was supposed to be happening, maybe...
I was actually thinking the one the left looked more like Tessa with her hair braided to the side. Wishful thinking I'm sure though
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:09 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I'm a male slice-of-life moé fan and I would be perfectly content to watch that swimming boys show. Who says slightly muscular boys can't be moé?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
Hey, I'm a male slice-of-life moé fan and I would be perfectly content to watch that swimming boys show. Who says slightly muscular boys can't be moé?

Moe power top you then.

Looking at the feet and no shoes in either of the two, I think swimming, but I think it will have a 2 or 3 girls too, not just boys. It would very well be tailored to appeal the fujoshi and moe crowd simultaneously, and hope for a mega hit a la K-ON.

Look at Kuroko, fujoshi loved it but it also was loved by other audiences, the result commercially was excellent, now imagine fujoshi and moe lovers targeted at the same time with the same anime...SCARY
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

Laughing Haha. Imagine if Kyoani went on to pander to the fujoshi now, the moe crowd wont be able to take two hit this early this year, first Aku no Hana and if Kyonai "betrays" them...god, it world be epic.

Well, there is nothing wrong with having nice, big, fluffy dreams. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
Yet again, the situation calls for new waters, Tamako big flop, Nichijou atrocious flop, Hoyoka just ok, not going past 10k, only chuu2 was a big hit...

Because facts don't matter, right? Laughing

Last edited by Shiratori1 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:56 pm Reply with quote
I've really dug all of KyoAni's recent stuff, so I know I'm going to be keeping an eye out for whatever this is! If I had my way, I'd love to see them go back to the Key well and do Rewrite, but I know that as long as it's as sweet, emotional and pretty as the rest of their stuff then I'll be a happy camper!! :>
Draneor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

What would happen is... I'd check the new swimming anime out because it looks interesting. If I end up not liking it (like several other past KyoAni productions), I'd go watch something else. Also, on a side note, there are plenty of us who have no problem with the existence of Flowers of Evil.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

What would happen is... I'd check the new swimming anime out because it looks interesting. If I end up not liking it (like several other past KyoAni productions), I'd go watch something else. Also, on a side note, there are plenty of us who have no problem with the existence of Flowers of Evil.

He's not talking about us.

He's talking about /a/ and MAL and that site, and others like them.
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 pm Reply with quote
We all know its going to be Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai 2: A Lily Blooms Over the Unseen Horizon
contrasena

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:
I would love either! And look at the hair on the one on the right... Look a little like Sousuke Sagara with his arms folded in front of his chest, face turned toward the "camera"? The other one is slightly shorter, has long hair, perhaps a ribbon... Maybe Kaname? Please???

It is 2013, and that was the year that the something with a "long awaited feeling to it" was supposed to be happening, maybe...

I really wish it is FMP!.... Putting some imagination effort and 5~10 minutes of horrible editing I made this:

grooven

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
*rolls dice* Come on Rewrite, Swimming boys or FMP
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 17