• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kyoto Animation to Unveil New Anime Next Friday

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:35 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
Indeed, the thing is we don't know for sure what that video was and its full or real purpose.

What is the purpose of a commercial? Hm~

dan9999 wrote:
so Kyoani is either teasing about it as I said for x rason and il will be something else or indeed the swimming anime, I don't see any plausible explanation that rule out this, even if that was just a cm for another studio, hence all the speculation.

And like most speculation, it is groundless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

Indeed, the thing is we don't know for sure what that video was and its full or real purpose.

I like how you are just blithely ignoring reality here.

Last time (the CM as been stated above) we did not know for sure what it was, heck even this site vaguely hinted a possible new anime, I am no fan of Kyonai so I don't follow their news that much, but if that is perfectly clear then why many are with the idea of swimming anyway then?, it it was perfect clear for all but me that it was merely a CM with 0 fat possibilities of an anime we should not have 205+ posts and many referencing the swimming CM (is that right)?

(You and Kastel) should blame Kyoani then and not me or twisting reality or teasing: 1) swimming CM 2) secrecy about new anime 3) the picture has blue colors, silhouettes not resembling girls but boys and looking at the full pictureyou see naked legs/feet ... with that much teasing how I am to blame, or others for that matter, speculation swimming? I think is far from groundless, however I agree with most of you, its probably just Kyoani teasing.

Last edited by dan9999 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

Last time (the CM as been stated above) we did not know for sure what it was, heck even this site vaguely hinted a possible new anime, I am no fan of Kyonai so I don't follow their news that much, but if that is perfectly clear then why many are with the idea of swimming anyway then?, it it was perfect clear for all but me that it was merely a CM with 0 fat possibilities of an anime we should not have 205+ posts and many referencing the swimming CM (is that right)?

So you could say that the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about is actually central to your point?
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:46 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

The history of Swimming Anime on Mar 6, 2013:

CureSumika uploaded the video.
Tumblr got excited.
Tumblr got excited.
Tumblr got excited.
Kyoto Animation releases information that Swimming Anime is actually a CM.

At no point did KyoAni say it was an actual anime. It denied it by saying it is a CM.

Last edited by Kastel on Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Kastel wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

What is the purpose of a commercial? Hm~

The Swimbros thing was not a pitch for a hypothetical Swimbros anime, it was a demonstration of Animation DO's skills.
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
The Swimbros thing was not a pitch for a hypothetical Swimbros anime, it was a demonstration of Animation DO's skills.

Yes, it is a commercial for DO's sakuga skills.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:
it it was perfect clear for all but me that it was merely a CM with 0 fat possibilities of an anime we should not have 205+ posts and many referencing the swimming CM (is that right)?

Central to your argument is the assumption that the majority of people in support of "the swimming anime" are not as equally misinformed as you are.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Kastel wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:

Yes, it is a commercial for DO's sakuga skills.

Holy jesus you are fast
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Laughing At all of you coming onto me

Did you not see my affirmation to the swimming anime was in contrast to Dmonhiro huge plea for Rewrite?.

Yet even if you say its not swimming the teasing from Kyonai is real, and I am definitely hoping you are wrong and is the swimming, if its not its as expect of Kyoani anyway.

How do you expect people not speculate swimming with this huge teasing:

Clam down. Surprised
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

I think you have no put more thought into that image than the person who made it to begin with.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

How do you expect people not speculate swimming with this huge teasing

I agree! Feet you can barely make out constitutes huge teasing, yes.

Last edited by Kaisos Erranon on Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
dan9999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
dan9999 wrote:

I think you have no put more thought into that image than the person who made it to begin with.

Oh so fake, who made it then? Its passing in several forums and first time I see the suggestion of Photoshop/fake.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:06 pm Reply with quote
dan9999 wrote:

Clam down. Surprised
Wow. The character designs have feet. That's pretty much all that image really says. I've personally seen speculation from Full Metal Panic to Haruhi using the exact same source image that uses, but you're saying it HAS to be swimming based on that image alone.

In reference to your later "Oh so fake, who made it then?" post, no one said it was fake, but that there was little thought put into whoever circled the feet.
Kastel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:11 pm Reply with quote
dan8888 wrote:
Oh so fake, who made it then? Its passing in several forums and first time I see the suggestion of Photoshop/fake.

Judging from several decades of looking at the Photoshops, I can assure you it is very fake.
Parse Error

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Kaisos Erranon wrote:
Feet you can barely make out constitutes huge teasing, yes.

Those clearly aren't moe feet because they give me no urge to masturbate, ergo it must be the swimming anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 15 of 17