• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
RIGHT TURN ONLY!! - Mobile Suit and Tie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Please tell me the Blood C manga is really different from its anime. At least Saya could be more competent
dtm42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Carlo wrote:
Assassin's Creed for fujoshi? Not quite, but...

Oh man, that actually sounds pretty cool. That the Manga turned out to be a D+ is proof that no matter how interesting the premise, the execution has to be good as well.

Edit: 10,000th post. Neat.
Sydney2K

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
I popped into Mandarake in Umeda, Osaka a couple of weeks ago, and Mandarake now have a corner for New Wave artists. Who would have thought this? Nice to see that these artists are building a following.

Widya Santoso
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 am Reply with quote
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin is also a beautifully crafter volume. The color sections of the original are there, the paper is very high quality with the art crisp and clear, and it is a hardcover.

I could go on about other aspects.

To keep it short I highly recommend checking this one out.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I recently read a little of the "Sabrina,the Teenage Witch" manga. It's pretty good. I think it would do well in Japan. I think they'd like it.
pachy_boy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
How out of print is Secret Comics Japan? So out of print that a used copy on Amazon.com goes for almost $40

That's it? That's expensive to you? I purchased a random volume of the Chirality manga from CPM for over $70, and it wouldn't surprise me there are other far more pricey out-of-print titles.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Gilles Poitras wrote:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin is also a beautifully crafter volume. The color sections of the original are there, the paper is very high quality with the art crisp and clear, and it is a hardcover.

I could go on about other aspects.

To keep it short I highly recommend checking this one out.

I concur. Yas is as excellent as ever, if not more, and Vertical's work in its release is stunning. If you're a Gundam fan, this is a must own. A gorgeous volume of Gundam rendered with the best art I've seen for this storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Archie comics are doing great lately-they were one of the first comics publishers to embrace digital, they introduced a gay character in their teen books and married him off in the Archie: The Married Life spin-off (which is quite good on its own). I was very excited to hear that they were finally collecting Raina del Toro's Sabrina series. From what I read of it, it's quite good and would make an excellent addition to any library's Childrens Graphic Novels section. So why on Earth would they gray scale it? What's the point of removing the color from a beautifully colored book? Sure, they save some money, but the art will suffer and kids won't be getting the full impact of its original run. I don't think Archie has ever de-colorized a comic they've reprinted before (and they reprint tons of stuff), so starting with one of their more unique and dynamic series from only ten years ago is incomprehensible.

In other news, the reviews are great as usual. I'm a little disappointed that A Devil and her Love Song drops in quality, but it's been such a good series through volume 7 that I trust the mangaka brings it back around.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1