• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Anime Gets 2014 Film, New OVA, Fan Disk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 am Reply with quote
Well this is a surprise. Can't wait to see the movie budget tank battles

Last edited by SquadmemberRitsu on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:08 am Reply with quote
I'm probably more interested in the Anzio OVA than the movie, because I know who it involves, what it involves and why it was skipped in the series proper.

The movie could be anything. Well, anything involving Girls and Tanks.

Still, it was a great series and I'm glad to see it continuing.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 am Reply with quote
Fantastic news to wake up to.
jymmy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:53 am Reply with quote
I am very pleased to hear this, Girls und Panzer was a fantastically-done series and I'm eager to watch more. The final tank battle in the series had some a bloody excellent action choreography, and if the film is half as good I'll be satisfied.

I wonder if Yukari will take a leading role in the Anzio bout like she did in the manga. As the best character, she does seem to be getting a lot more focus in side material, so that would make sense and explain the choice of OVA.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
Yay! More moe girls and tanks! Hopefully a film for Vividred Operation will come too.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 am Reply with quote
Definitely great news to wake up to. This is the only anime I've watched twice in 6 months, ever. Just rewatched it last week after picking up World of Tanks. Literally last night I was telling a friend how they should make a season two or a movie. I expect this to be the big tournament the Pres was talking about in episode one or two. My lord, what great news.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:53 am Reply with quote
Can't say I'm too happy. I hate the format of movies (having to wait nearly a year to see it after it comes out, being a glorified OVA, etc), and this is likely going to be instead of a 2nd season. Damn.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Can't say I'm too happy. I hate the format of movies (having to wait nearly a year to see it after it comes out, being a glorified OVA, etc), and this is likely going to be instead of a 2nd season. Damn.
I'll agree to that for sure, however I'll take what I can get and perhaps if the movie does well they'll make a S2 from there (Shana?)
neji3994

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
This was one of the few animes I skipped in the fall season so if this is getting a movie and lots of people says this is a good one then I'll watch it...
dm
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
neji3994 wrote:
This was one of the few animes I skipped in the fall season so if this is getting a movie and lots of people says this is a good one then I'll watch it...

I skipped it, too --- the premise seemed pretty silly (and it is! But in a good way!).

But all the chatter caused me to check it out, and I was stunned at how enjoyable it was and how cleverly it exploited its nonsensical premise.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:18 am Reply with quote
I wonder if Sentai will get the ova and sweet more Girls & Panzer maybe the movie will lead to anther season
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Awesome. I've been with the series since practically the beginning, and I've really enjoyed it, as well as the fanbase it's gotten. Sentai Filmworks even called it one of its "hits", which I can only assume is from the legal streams.

Admittedly, the only anime-based movies I've seen as of this writing are the Shakugan no Shana movie and Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug, but I'd really love to see this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
Awesome. I've been with the series since practically the beginning, and I've really enjoyed it, as well as the fanbase it's gotten. Sentai Filmworks even called it one of its "hits", which I can only assume is from the legal streams.

And they got so lucky because they worked out all of their licenses far before the show proved to be a hit. I'll assume that once something gains that momentum, what little minimum guarantees licensors still ask for must increase massively.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Anybody who fixates on the girls instead of the panzers is completely missing the point of the franchise.

That said, I am certainly pleased with these latest developments.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:
Anybody who fixates on the girls instead of the panzers is completely missing the point of the franchise.

Not really. Don't get me wrong, I loved all the tank visuals and they certainly enhanced the show. But I really liked the girls' characters and their interaction. Take them out of the equation and all you are left with is cool tank footage.

AbZeroNow wrote:
Panzer Vor!

Wonder if this will have the International Tankery tourniment. Looking forward to more Miho and Team Goosefish. They'd better have more Anglerfish Dancing.

If you haven't already, you really need to check out the 4th GuP special.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3