• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Girls & Panzer Anime Gets 2014 Film, New OVA, Fan Disk

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clawfinger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
I assume that if the popularity continues to increase they might one day do a dub for this series?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:15 pm Reply with quote
clawfinger wrote:
I assume that if the popularity continues to increase they might one day do a dub for this series?

Sentai already seems to dub a good number of their series as it is, so it's not unlikely.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Season 2 would of been nicer imo but hey, I'm in it for an new OVA and movie. This series clearly has what it takes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
potatochobit

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
OVAs are not a good business in america.

I am surprised at the good news but right now it does not mean much unless you tend to import anime from japan. Keep in mind bandai owns this franchise, not sentai. I can see any future releases being treated like gundam unicorn.

anyway, lets set the new OVA aside, the thing that worries me more is we will get a chopped up version of the 12 episode release that won't even inlcude the already released OVAs and specials.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Who knows what the release will have, it probably won't be solicited until the tail end of this year at the soonest. What's not likely is that Bandai breaches contract and forces Sentai to pay more money for something they've already licensed. Unless this is common business occurrence and I'm severely wrong? Seems like the entire reason a contract is formed in the first place. I don't doubt the price for the film will be way higher thanks to the series' success.
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this doesn't mean there won't be a season 2.
J. Kudo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
John Hayabusa wrote:
Yay! More moe girls and tanks! Hopefully a film for Vividred Operation will come too.

Yeah, especially since Vividred Operation had spoiler[a beautifully open-ended finale.]

And I want to see more of Shiho in the Girls und Panzer movie. Rrrowl. Twisted Evil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3