• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Haiyoru! Nyaruani / Nyaruko-san: Another Crawling Chaos (ONA/TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
EP 4

Aww I felt bad for Tamao dressing up just for herself. Nyaruko is having a hard time with her love live, but it is even worse for Tamao. Yet she still helps out Nyaruko because she is an amazing friend. But she does have that alien helping her out from the background.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
W, Episode 4

This episode was mostly jokes that allowed secondary characters to get some time. I noticed that the Monster Hunter reference (that I actually get now from playing) was an extended bit on the parody in last season. Lol at him spoiler[buying all those forks] and the facial expressions. And from what I picked up, it seemed to imply that at least one of those girls that walked behind the maid cosplayer was a cross-dressing boy that and the other talked rang Tamao. Looks like the aliens are trying to help Tamao and Yoichi with romancem but perhaps have not realize that they could be an item.

Looking forward to next week, it appears that we finally get the appearance of spoiler[Kuuko's siscon sister].
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm still watching this show but I'm not sure if I'm enjoying it as much as season 1. Nyaruko needs to try something very serious to make progressment in her love life.

Otherwise, the CG reference was kinda funny in the latest episode. Oh and that ice cream made me hungry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Okay, I just started the second season and the first thing I think about is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRZitnndpoY

That is... a very old school reference...

EDIT:

Cool, so it wasn't just me (looked back at the last couple of pages)...

My background for this wasn't Nick at Nite though as I was in the Philippines at the time and stuff like this ran... I can't remember where...

But I'm pretty sure it wasn't on Nickelodean.

(was it TNT? I can't remember)
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:36 pm Reply with quote
There was something really off-color about the scene where Mahiro was buying the bagfuls of forks on sale. The three super-powers could only cringe and turn grey-blue while watching him do that. Sort of like slaves helplessly watching the master price out new bullwhips.

Sort of funny and sinister at the same time.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:27 am Reply with quote
Wow, I am surprised that I forgot who that Ponytail chick was in love with.

Also, I do recognize the Monster Hunter reference and I'm wondering what my life would have been like had I actually opened my copy of the game...

I don't want to know...
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

YO...

I'm not gonna lie.

I had to inspect the scene after the eyecatch a second time in greater detail (and will likely return to the scene a third and fourth time after).

There's like... no two ways about it:

spoiler[Kuuko came buckets.]

This and Henneko were so godlike this week... what's going on?

I'm now hoping the show ends with an spoiler[orgy] since Kuuko says it's a-okay with spoiler[4 people... and I'm inclined to think that the 4th person will be Hasta... and I would be okay with this, because he's the best character!]

My face right now:

HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
There's like... no two ways about it:

spoiler[Kuuko came buckets.]

This and Henneko were so godlike this week... what's going on?

.. and you didn't even mention all the naked Nyarko we got this week. I thought they were going over the top but they kept pushing the edge. Yay team.

Also notable are no white or black censorship streaks.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote
What is with all these newer anime having multiple endings? Oh Kuuko getting a taste of her own medicine. I love how she was okay with a relationship spoiler[with up to 4 people.]
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:

.. and you didn't even mention all the naked Nyarko we got this week. I thought they were going over the top but they kept pushing the edge. Yay team.

Man, we've already seen that!

(was still pretty good, however)

Kuuko scene was just on another level given how scandalous it was.

WhiteHairGirls wrote:
What is with all these newer anime having multiple endings?

I'm under the impression that it's to sell CD singles or something... but I don't know.

That said, I seem to like these a lot better than the ones they're running for Oreimo... I'd need to double-check, but I found the one this week to be pretty cute.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
W, Episode 5

And now Kuuko got a taste of her own medicine with her spoiler[female cousin, Kuune, totally in love with her]. Well she was kind of creepy in making a spoiler[pre-space-kindergarten kid record rehearsed words of love], although for some of us it can't help but alight some flame, there was also Kuuko's room and the cut bit.

But if there was something I largely liked this episode was just reminding some of Mahiro's honest feelings: that he likes Nyaruko to some extent, but holds back because he does not like how forceful she is. Somewhat evidence when Mahiro was obviously affected by Nyaruko's spoiler[softness and agreed to get in the tub], showing nyaruko's more serious interest before she had to add some crazy because she fid it embarrassing.

There was just something really humorous about the annoying words from Nyaruko's rigged game, and Hasuta's talking vacuume cleaner, for some reason it reminded me of Norio Wakamoto. And Nyaruko acting like how we have not seen her. Also now we know how Kuuko got her job, or more specific who.

Why was there putty in the corners?
DKL

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Why was there putty in the corners?

He told us to not worry about it, so I'm not gonna worry about it.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
That is usually the time when you do start worrying about it.

Although it is probably one of those sanity. Although he already went to and eldritch library and has not lost his mind.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:48 pm Reply with quote
So I just caught up with the season so far...

While the show is quite enjoyable, I still don't like Nyaruko herself very much. Her antics get old after awhile, not to mention kind of irritating that she can't take a hint. She comes on way too strong and Mashiro doesn't appreciate that. His resistance is admirable, but the part that annoys me that most is that she'll inevitably win him over regardless. She won't learn her lesson and her bad behaviour will be rewarded. I don't want my crazy gag anime reminding me how unfair real life is!

It's particularly eye roll worthy when she gets all mad at Kuuko's affections when she's doing the same to Mashiro. Pot, meet kettle.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 am Reply with quote
I will never have a cyclone vacuum cleaner than will never loose suction and is voiced by Norio Wakamoto. this makes me sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 14