• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
General Questions / Identifying Anime.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2jcoVwzyg

What anime is at 0:12-0:14? (that clock thingy)

(the AMV contains spoilers for Hyouka, Kara no Kyoukai, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Shakugan no Shana, Steins;Gate, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and Umineko no Naku Koro ni, so don't watch all of it if you haven't seen all these shows)

It appears to be from some anime called Kara no Kyoukai, or The Garden of Sinners. I did not recognise it so I put the name into google image with the word "clock" and got this picture.
TayyabZERO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Does someone know the title of this Anime?
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:25 pm Reply with quote
It's Campione!.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
The more important question is, Is it really a trap?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Nope. Blondie is all girl.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
He doesn't trust blondie because she transformed from an apathetic person to a crazy girl in love in one episode.
foxinthestars

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
I took a crazy notion to compile a list of every anime I've ever seen any of (and going through the encyclopedia marking things as part of it). I'm pretty sure I'm never going to recall everything I saw back in my University anime club, but there's one I remember seeing and have no idea what the title was. I didn't especially like it, but it's just bugging me, so I'll see if my sketchy memory rings a bell for anyone...

I would have seen it in fansubs, no later than 2001; I would guess it was '90s-vintage. It was a film noir crime adventure kind of thing in a modern setting, and the hero is a young man who gets drawn into some kind of heist/scam that I can't remember, and the only specific thing I remember was that there was an older man in it who may or may not have been an art historian, started out as a friend or mentor but was then revealed to be in on the heist and ended up getting hanged by the bad guys before it was over.

That's all I got. Sound familiar to anyone?
wangtastic

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
Afternoon all Smile

I'm trying to recall the name of an anime I got free with a PlayStation 2 magazine back when the PS2 was new.
I can only vaguely recall the detail but from what I recall it had tanks in it and some kind of grenade / bomb that... Well... Exploded into giant penis shaped objects. Embarassed

Does that ring any bells?
I think it might be tank police but I'm not sure :/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
^I do believe that's Dominion Tank Police, yes. Bennett the Sage just did an anime review on that and that does indeed happen.
Superneko44

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:29 pm Reply with quote
hey guys, I watched this anime when I was about 8 years old, back in 2004.
There was a girl with long, pink hair, and she had some sort of band around her hair, and she was very,very strong.
She was taken in by a space ship captain of some sort of intergalactic space cruise after he found her abandoned in a fire on some other space ship.
There was a boy who was basically the guy who swabbed the deck who had a massive crush on this girl, and the captain hated him...
If anyone knows what this anime was called, I would really appreciate it if you told me!
thank you!
Tris8

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
It sounds a lot like Maris the Chojo, though it doesn't fit exactly. Her hair is red, but she is really really strong and the story is set in space.
Superneko44

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, that's not the anime. It was a series and the girl does not have a long pink hair.
foxinthestars

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
foxinthestars wrote:
I took a crazy notion to compile a list of every anime I've ever seen any of (and going through the encyclopedia marking things as part of it). I'm pretty sure I'm never going to recall everything I saw back in my University anime club, but there's one I remember seeing and have no idea what the title was. I didn't especially like it, but it's just bugging me, so I'll see if my sketchy memory rings a bell for anyone...

I would have seen it in fansubs, no later than 2001; I would guess it was '90s-vintage. It was a film noir crime adventure kind of thing in a modern setting, and the hero is a young man who gets drawn into some kind of heist/scam that I can't remember, and the only specific thing I remember was that there was an older man in it who may or may not have been an art historian, started out as a friend or mentor but was then revealed to be in on the heist and ended up getting hanged by the bad guys before it was over.

That's all I got. Sound familiar to anyone?

Aargh, forgot to mention this was a movie.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 6:30 am Reply with quote
What's with the rating of this? Laughing
Tris8

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:20 pm Reply with quote
^ It is a ridiculous show. For whatever reason, they purposefully made it look like it was animated in the 80s. Plot-wise, I could make no sense of the little I've seen. I could see how some would find its ridiculousness hilarious, but I just found it weird. Here's a clip. It was made in 2006, though you'd never know from watching.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 430 of 569