• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Severing Crime Edge (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

What could the new fetish be?.... They aren't even being subtle are they. A spoiler[fetishy looking whip put between breasts and then have her slobbering over it before apparently being hit.]

And there was that spoiler[what appeared to be an attempted rape by zombie like brainwashed high schoolers], but that sounds a little niche.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
@DuskyPredator When I saw a spoiler[saliva covered object] in the preview (they didn't show enough of it for me to bother figuring out what it was) I figured it'd either be a spoiler[swallowing or saliva fetish. Lo and behold, it was actually a saliva and domination fetish!]

I'm waiting for ChibiKangaroo to rip into the series for that fetish or admit she secretly has said fetish.

Also: spoiler[Zombie rape is best rape.]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:06 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[saliva scene was gross] but that episode was WAY better than last week's episode! Poor Kiri-kun, being a victim of Iwai's denseness. Anime hyper I felt bad for him!

But Iwai gets points for being so smart about what happened later.
YEAH, spoiler[kick those zombies in the crotch!] :'D
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
I didn't think she was exactly being dense, so much as unable to imagine/believe that he sees her that way. Because she's so inexperienced with people, she thinks she's just his Instead, and that's why it's convenient that they go to the same school and can satisfy this peculiar need they share. Her saying it's too early for her to even think about a boyfriend was, I think, her way of letting him off the hook (don't worry about me, I'm fine!).

So she was just being pragmatic about the situation, and then worked up her courage to find out what his plans were, to see if there was some way she might fit herself into them. But he vanished, leaving her feeling kind of stupid for even hoping.

Watch her body language through that whole scene. It reveals the lie in half of what she said to him, from the dirt digging with her shoes, to the eyes closed, overly bright smile at the end.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 pm Reply with quote
You may be right, come to think of it...he did run off to sulk before she could say more....Anime hyper
I don't blame him for that though-she didn't choose the wisest words before that. lol
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:45 am Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
@DuskyPredator When I saw a spoiler[saliva covered object] in the preview (they didn't show enough of it for me to bother figuring out what it was) I figured it'd either be a spoiler[swallowing or saliva fetish. Lo and behold, it was actually a saliva and domination fetish!]

I'm waiting for ChibiKangaroo to rip into the series for that fetish or admit she secretly has said fetish.

Also: spoiler[Zombie rape is best rape.]

I don't rip into a series because it shows a fetish. I like fetishes. Everyone has them, including me. I only rip into a series that crudely or sloppily uses a fetish in a way that disrespects the intelligence of the audience. I'll let you know if I see that here Smile
Rhyono

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I don't rip into a series because it shows a fetish. I like fetishes. Everyone has them, including me. I only rip into a series that crudely or sloppily uses a fetish in a way that disrespects the intelligence of the audience.

That feels like a partial admission of possessing said fetish, not just a random one. I understand you so much better now!

ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I'll let you know if I see that here Smile

I rely on your constant vigilance.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:02 pm Reply with quote
I'm torn between how much I adore Kiri and Iwai's clumsy, cute and disturbing romance -this episode was gold- and how uncomfortable I feel with all the abuse Iwai receives on-screen. I was happy to see her spoiler[fight back the gangrape, but it was still awful nonetheless and pretty much uncalled for -like the pee scene, or how she lost her pants in this episode.] And the ratio of scenes that make me uncomfortable to the ones that I love is not in this show's favor... I really wished they focused more on the hair-cutting and the romance and less on the spoiler[gangraping, salivating, peeing and everything else]
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:04 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I really wished they focused more on the hair-cutting and the romance and less on the spoiler[gangraping, salivating, peeing and everything else]

Yeah, I agree.....:/ but as long as there is IwaixKiri, I think I can tolerate it. Anime hyper

They'd have to do something really extreme to make me drop it....
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was a nice moment when spoiler[Needle Girl got iced barley tea for the two boys. I like seeing that she's not alone any more.]

Yes, definitely feel uncomfortable with the predicament that Iwai is in. She comes off like an 8-year-old girl to me, so I really don't enjoy seeing her in those kinds of situations.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
nothing helps a character develop faster than spoiler[attempted zombie rape].
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:38 pm Reply with quote
And episode 6.

What's that sound? It sounds like it's tragic backstory o'clock. We already saw the spoiler["murdered my parents"] one, so this one is going to be good...

Hold on a second. I think I misheard that. Let me rewind that and check again.

Oh. Okay, then. That's reasonable.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:46 pm Reply with quote
I liked the twist of spoiler[the girl being the dominant one], it was quite unexpected and it broke with a common cliché, so it was kind of nice.

I've been wanting to ask this since episode 2. What's the big idea with making all the fight scenes into questionably strange color hues? It looks so strange and in this episode, the changes from normal to fight scene were really awkward.

spoiler["Why couldn't I be the princess?"] I'd like to say I was pokerfaced by the ridiculousness, but I saw Saint Seiya Omega's rock and roll episode not two days ago, so I think I've become immune.

Am I to weird because I liked the spoiler[very disturbed romance between the president and the vice-president?] Iwai and Kiri look completely innocent compared to them.

Which leads me to my favorite moment this episode, tspoiler[he adorable misunderstanding and clumsy romantic moment followed by dancing under the stars.] I love the romance in this series too much, it's incredibly cute/weird

I wonder if spoiler[Kiri going overkill on the President means he's starting to fall to the Goods's influence and that we may see him start to lose his selfcontrol.] That could be interesting. Though I wouldn't care if they dispatched the Goods altogether and focused on weirdly fetishized hair-cutting scenes
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
My favorite part from episode 6 would definitely be the ending when spoiler[Iwai and Kiri danced under the stars with that beautiful song.] Man, that song was just smoothing to my ears tonight.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
I wonder just what it would take for these two to actually be traumatized by something.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 19