• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
The MC's characterization is totally bizarre. On the one hand, they show him doing things to thwart the Photography Club's efforts to get their "borderline erotic" shots, but on the other he blithely spoiler[blackmails the Student Prez into letting him take his own (not even really) borderline erotic shots.] Makes. No. Sense.

I would go so far as to say that in a certain respect the other Photography Club members are more admirable in that at least they are totally honest about what they are doing. MC does the same thing but then tries to front like he doesn't approve.

Was the source material for this a visual novel? Because that could account for the inconsistency since it would have multiple paths. Then again the spoiler[pervy efforts he actively tries to thwart are only in defense of one or two girls really, his sister, and Haruka.] I do agree that what he did to spoiler[the class president was pretty much no different from what the other club people would do, although I think he did it as a little payback for her always constantly yelling at him about minor stuff.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
The source is a PSP game, yeah.

In regards to Muroto, he's already explained that he gets an oddly satisfied feeling when he's able to hold something over her. He just gets a little bit carried away with it, me thinks.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote
Hm, his blackmailing really is going into douchbag territory now that he's making her do his homework for him. Well now the tables have turned on him Laughing

It's also a bit too convenient that only the girls he knows were at that thing in the end. His inner monolouge gave off a "last episode" feel. Guess now we're gonna move away from the photography aspect and focus more on the romance.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:28 pm Reply with quote
I certainly don't mind if he's forced spoiler[to make up his mind about how he feels for Haruka this early on.]. cant get anymore obvious than her reaction to his spoiler[walking home together question].
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:31 pm Reply with quote
Real talk?

The more I'm exposed to this Niiyan (I can't remember his name), the more I dislike him.

His extortion of the Student Council President has crossed to being a douchewad, he drinks up his little sister's swimsuit water and he bounces back and forth between white knight and skeeve all the time.

I'll stick with this show, but only because I like the chicks.

Finally, was it just me or did the end of this episode feel like the end of the series? It seemed to...wrap things up.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
on the bright side spoiler[at least he is only making her do his homework.]
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
on the bright side spoiler[at least he is only making her do his homework.]

Yes.

For now
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:53 pm Reply with quote
That is true, but unless Madhouse takes this in a completely different direction, this is a dating sim adaptation, and the goal is to get the girls to fall in love with you. So unless Aki secretly gets turned on by being blackmailed in the game, I'm gonna assume it wont go any further than spoiler[getting friends out of trouble and having your homework completed at lightning speed]
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 3:55 pm Reply with quote
I liked that mahou shoujo by Yuasa bit. It's funny because he can't get much work.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

I feel that my thoughts of the recent episode have already been expressed by others. Mostly that his is raining into be a full douchebag with the blackmailing, and that the bit at the end had an end of series feel to it, which is odd.

Really she already paid him off for the blackmail, that is what the photoshoot was for, but now he is using that too to make her do his homework, that is just awefull. He really does deserve some karma, so hopefully twintails kouhai will be able to deliver that with the dirt she has on him, although chances are it will just be another flag. Give this guy some problems already, he even sounds like he is on the sister route.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:36 am Reply with quote
it's just homework, what is so wrong with that?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
it's just homework, what is so wrong with that?

Not doing his own homework is damaging the education system, weakens his academic progress, and puts him on the same level as this person, and no one wants that. Before we know it no one will be able to unlock a door around him.

On a serious note it comes off as a bit cruel as making someone do your homework is a common form of bullying.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
So given the way the last episode ended I had a feeling it signified the conclusion of the common route and the rest of the episodes would be Amagami style. This appears to be the case, or atleast I hope it does. Rushed pacing aside, I don't wanna deal with this dramarama for another 7 episodes.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Am I the only one bored with this as of Episode 4?

I was once in a coffee shop behind someone ordered a double decaf low-fat latte with no-cal sweetener. The register person called out the order: "one more double why bother!"

Photo Kano is like that. Not edgy enough (the blackmail thing doesn't cut it), not fan service-y enough (should be more like Vividred), not funny enough (School Rumble), not sweet enough (you pick) or not profound enough. What does it have enough of? I can't see it.
ZorgonXtreme

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
=======

Jesus H. Christ.

This is really the first school-set show where I'm genuinely disgusted at the high-school drama being laid on. I get that ick in the back of my throat that I get when I see (the bad kind of) drama in real life. Situations were I'd say "God" and get away from it.

Madea and his wish-washy 'tude and Haruka the drama machine and the whole thing goes over with me as well as a knife across my chest.

All that said...I'm already invested in this show and have to ride it out. I hope it gets as quirky and camera-interesting as it was in the beginning (the most camera we saw this episode was Madea airing off his lens).

Another feather in this show's cap is as follows (for me):

One of the things I love the most about the medium of anime is the wild variety and efficient use of establishing shots. Spirited Away had some flipping amazing ones, like the inside of the abandoned train station and every shot of the bath house.

This show has a lot of great establishing shots that do a really good job at setting the correct mood. Shots like this and this really strike a chord with me, I just love a fantastic establishing shot and there's a lot of them here. This is probably my favorite. The position of Haruka and Madea, the soft color of the clouds and the warmth of the sunset really makes me happy.

Finally, I can imagine Haruka's father shaking his head ruefully as her mother peers woefully out the front curtains, saying "There's another boy screaming in the streets at our daughter's window."
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10