• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreimo (TV) - both seasons and ONAs.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
They're from the 2nd PSP game, so yeah, they're done by the same staff that work on the anime.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
1st one: I didn't have an actual couple shot, but that's from Kanako's ending. She's with Kyosuke. Kirino and Bridget are visiting.

2nd one: That's Kirino's ending. The two others are their kids.

Oh I assumed the other 2 people in the 2nd picture were new friends or something. Since all of the other kids are just carbon copies of the mothers, while this picture has both of the parent's genes lol.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
That case is different since they wanted to show Kirino shipping her two kids together.
DKL

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:38 am Reply with quote
I kinda lost track of what was going on after the troll, but I honestly don't think that Kirino and brother will spoiler[end up together] and it was pretty obvious that the end of last week's episode was the setup to some plot where... Kirino needs a spoiler[fake boyfriend] for whatever reason.

I think we were mostly just getting at the idea that Oreimo is well aware that incest is a "thing"...

I mean, come on: Kirino plays eroge where you (presumably) screw the little sister character.

Anyway, I'm lost now and the PSP game screenshots are shocking to me.

Is it Saturday yet?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Thats gunna happen? ^^

that's odd because in the light novel spoiler[ she asked him t pretend to be her boyfriend so that she can fool one of her agents, because that lady is trying to send Kirino abroad again. The wedding dress chapter doesn't occur until WAY later. He's slready broken up with Kuroneko by then.]

Hmm well my memory is fuzzy on the light novels since I only skimmed through them. Thanks for the clarification bro ^^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Just got done with episode 5...

Like... how... how far do you spoiler[take the act?] >_>

Possible spoilers in pic?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a342/dklreviews/ScreenShot2013-05-04at111934AM_zps56962249.png

DOES NOT LOOK LIKE spoiler[ACTING]

The entire episode was just really surreal to me because it sort of looks like spoiler[they're trying to talk about the love one would have for a brother or a sister.. but they keep going in and out of this weird place where I'm inclined to think that they might be attracted to one another like a man and a woman (or a man and another man or a woman and another woman... whatever)... it really doesn't help that the entire show is practically framed around incest <_<

Still... I'm pretty sure they won't end up having sex.

I'M PRETTY SURE.]

Also, my favorite part was probably when spoiler[Kuroneko dropped her change in shock]... can't tell if spoiler[shocked] because spoiler[incest] or spoiler[shocked] because spoiler[jealous].

(possibly both)

Also, it's kinda funny how quickly people picked up on what was going on by just looking at the spoiler[two of them locking arms or going on a first-name basis].

Anyway, episode ends with a reveal about spoiler[what seems to be Kirino's actual boyfriend... but I'm just gonna assume that this is like... a relationship of convenience]...

Or maybe it isn't, who knows?

Also, implications that Kirino is a little worried that spoiler[Kuroneko and brother might be attracted to each other] hang in the air.

NEXT EPISODE PLS

Last edited by DKL on Sat May 04, 2013 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote
It's definitely more legitimate on Kirino's part. Kyosuke's comments to Kanako and Bridget were extremely brotherly, which Kanako picked up on.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
It's definitely more legitimate on Kirino's part. Kyosuke's comments to Kanako and Bridget were extremely brotherly, which Kanako picked up on.

And yet...

Brother is overly concerned at the implications that spoiler[Kirino might have a real boyfriend: he grabs her with a stern look on his face and asks "Do you have a boyfriend?".]

Don't know if I'm reading too far in or not reading enough x_x
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Funny episode. The "spoiler[date]" was alright I guess. Gotta make some memories

Anyways, the parts during the spoiler["date" were probably the most amusing moments in this episode. Also regarding Kyousuke, I think he feels both a little bit of concern and I guess jealousy after Kirino implies that she has a boyfriend, a real one.] not 2D

I have not read the LN or manga yet but I'm very curious who the guy at the end is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:56 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
And yet...

Brother is overly concerned at the implications that spoiler[Kirino might have a real boyfriend: he grabs her with a stern look on his face and asks "Do you have a boyfriend?".]

Don't know if I'm reading too far in or not reading enough x_x

Brothers get like that in real life too. So do fathers, for that matter.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

This. Why is it so supremely difficult for some people to understand that Kyosuke cares deeply about his sister, just not in a sexual way?

Since he cares, of course he would be concerned if she had a boyfriend without knowing anything about him. Girls that age (particularly vain ones like Kirino) are very prone to falling in with the wrong kind of guy and, as he agreed with Kuroneko, Kirino would be very likely to get excessive about it.

Now I wish they could both get over having to act like they are repulsive to each other. But maybe that's too much to ask.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:12 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

This. Why is it so supremely difficult for some people to understand that Kyosuke cares deeply about his sister, just not in a sexual way?

Well maybe they had no siblings, so they can't relate to it. I have a younger sister and I do care about her so I understand where Kyosuke is coming from.

Quick question, does she ever call him by anything? When she said I will call you by your name, it got me thinking has she ever called him by brother or something? Or is always just "Hey you"?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm Reply with quote
When she absolutely has to, she calls him "aniki."

As for my sister, she's kind of a bitch so we're not that close. Her boyfriend (the only one she's ever brought home so I dunno if she had others) is a decent enough guy. My older brother is the one who'll hassle him sometimes.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
Kirino's smile and behavior when spoiler[Manami saw them on their date] was way better than I pictured it in my head lol for those who've read volume 11 of the LN, you know what I'm talking about Anime hyper

I also pictured the guy at the end to be much better looking than he turned out to be

Anyway, it was a pretty funny episode. I always like Saori's very upbeat attitude. And Kirino was just great too. Agh I'm freaking loving her! I dislike her season 1 but damn, she's great Smile Kyosuke's cosplay was supposed to be much creepier though

I also liked how Kirino and Kyosuke looked in that infamous spoiler[couples photo]. It would have been funnier though if they had looked as bad as Mikoto and Toma's cell phone photo did in Magical Index

Can't wait till next week!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 12:15 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

As I said in my post for the previous episode, Kirino wanted Kyousuke to spoiler[pretend to be her boyfriend for some stupid reason]. Mainly that it was spoiler[easier for her to pretend to not leave because of a boyfriend then that she does not want to leave her family and friends (and hobbies) again just after coming back]. I do find it hard to believe that someone spent spoiler[the entire day watching Kirino and Kyousuke go on a date], it was pretty hard for me to watch it.

I would say that the opinions that I wrote in my other post held up well. Kirino does like her brother at least to some extent, she looked spoiler[actually happy at various parts in the date, and looked jealous when Kyousuke was complementing Ruri on her dress, needing to add that she chose it]. Also her desire tospoiler[ upset Manami is evidence of her disliking her for stealing her brother when they were young]. But the inclusion of spoiler[an actual boyfriend], I do wonder how that fits in.

Another surprise was seeing spoiler[Bridget], yeah her MyAnimeList profile confirms what I thought of her being spoiler[a 10 year old girl from England, I guess somehow she ended up becoming a model in Japan]. And even less likely getting along with spoiler[Kanako (the dark witch)].

Despite everything the episode did have what a lot of us want to see, and that is spoiler[Kyousuke and Ruri/Kuroneko]. Lol at her being sospoiler[ shocked at the seeing the date], and later with spoiler[her and Saoi blushing at Kyousuke's cosplay picture], talking of which Kyousuke was quite ready to spoiler[cosplay again]. Although more of them would have been preferred, it feels like we have missed out on some possible good parts.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 56