• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Samurai 7, Basilisk, Trinity Blood on Canada TV

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Actually, turns out that it won't be the same timeslot each day. Here is the full schedule:

Samurai 7:
- Thursdays - 5:00pm & midnight
- Fridays - 12:30pm
- Saturdays - 9:30pm & 12:30am
- Sundays - 10:30am

Basilisk:
- Thursdays - 5:30pm & 12:30am
- Fridays - 1pm
- Saturdays - 10pm & 1am
- Sundays - 11am

Trinity Blood:
- Thursdays - 6pm & 1am
- Fridays - 1:30pm
- Saturdays - 10:30pm
- Sundays - 11:30am

Last edited by Pepperidge on Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
SSJ Gohan 64

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Actually, turns out that it won't be the same timeslot each day. Here are is the full schedule:

Samurai 7:

Basilik:
- Fridays - 1pm
- Saturdays - 10pm & 1am
- Sundays - 11am

Trinity Blood:
- Thursdays - 6pm & 1am

Boy, that came out of nowhere. Rejoice Canada, rejoice!
kushiel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Who the hell actually gets Razer? They shove it in the random theme packs on cable and satellite. *sighs* I don't even want the bloody theme pack it comes in, and I really don't feel like paying $2.99 a month for the individual channel just for Trinity Blood. I'd rather rent it, so I can watch when I want.

I like the idea of pay-per-view anime on demand - not on a predefined time schedule. I'd be watching FMA on YTV right now, except I'm 19, and have better things to do on my Friday night and I am recordable setbox-less.

This is more just me ranting right now, please to ignore.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Finally. I've been wanting to watch Samurai 7 for a long time. They really did pick a good time to start this too; now that it's summertime, those BIONIX shows just won't be enough to fill our extra time each week anymore...
takeru99

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Oh yes indeed.

I'll be contacting my digital cable provider and adding this one to my package.

Happy...happy....joy...joy Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
Actually, turns out that it won't be the same timeslot each day. Here are is the full schedule:

Samurai 7:

Basilik:
- Fridays - 1pm
- Saturdays - 10pm & 1am
- Sundays - 11am

Trinity Blood:
- Thursdays - 6pm & 1am

Wow good deal lucky for the folks up north, I really wish that Basilik would air on AS and also Samurai 7 since I bet I would be really into that series. Oh well netflix will have to be savior I guess.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:46 pm Reply with quote
They would pick a channel that nobody watches. Unfortunately, that becomes low ratings for the anime. Fortunately, once one channel carries something there's a better chance other channels will. It's a CHUM owned station, and they usually recycle their material throughout their network so there's a chance it could appear on MuchMusic or even CityTV.
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:18 pm Reply with quote
I've never actually bought one of those extra channels before. If it's a reasonable price a month then it's quite worth it for 3 series and i'm glad they're repeating it so often. I just hope they'll get other anime series after its done too.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:10 pm Reply with quote
kushiel wrote:
Who the hell actually gets Razer? They shove it in the random theme packs on cable and satellite. *sighs* I don't even want the bloody theme pack it comes in, and I really don't feel like paying $2.99 a month for the individual channel just for Trinity Blood. I'd rather rent it, so I can watch when I want.

Sabakyuu wrote:
I've never actually bought one of those extra channels before. If it's a reasonable price a month then it's quite worth it for 3 series and i'm glad they're repeating it so often. I just hope they'll get other anime series after its done too.
I get it for free on Starchoice, and I'm are using the regular package too. I don't know what you guys are using though.
Primus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 8:25 am Reply with quote
halochief_90 wrote:
kushiel wrote:

Sabakyuu wrote:
I get it for free on Starchoice, and I'm are using the regular package too. I don't know what you guys are using though.

You have Satelite. They have Digital Cable thus they have differnt channels then you.

Damn CTV changing MTV's Channel so now I can't watch it...

Anywho's I plan on getting Razer today but I'm just too lazy,heck I could even have it now.Guess I gotta check my provider's Site.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 9:12 am Reply with quote
God has smiled on Canadian Broadcasting.

kushiel wrote:
Who the hell actually gets Razer?

I do. I actually had it without knowing.

Very Happy
takeru99

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:49 am Reply with quote
I get Razer through my digital cable provider (Videotron), and thankfully I don't have to pay extra for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MibuKotaro

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Okay well after watching Samurai 7, Basilisk, Trinity Blood for the first time. I have to say Razer offically kicks ass now, but only on those four days. Also the three shows are totally AWESOME. Very happy Razer got the shows.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:51 pm Reply with quote
I wish I was in Canada to watch em.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Someone_II

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 11:49 pm Reply with quote
I am now proud to be Canadian. This make 3 or 4 series in the that have a Canadian premier before an American one (Basilsk, Trinity Blood, GSD and i think I heard talk of another one but I'm not sure)

I must say though (this is not to spite those who don't get it) Basilisk and Trinity Blood are amazing! Samurai 7 seems decent; nothing to capture my attention but I've heard the first episode is a drag but the second really picks up so I'll stick it out for a few weeks.

On a different note, a totally random one at that, does anyone else think FUNi sould change it's name? I mean come on, to say that I'm a fan of FUNimation productions makes me fell less than half my age and some of what they licence (speed grapher, blue gender) shouldn't be viewed by minors in the first place. My point is the content of much of what they licence does not fit the name "FUNimation". Not that it matters. This is just a random rant.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2