• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
誤称

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 am Reply with quote
@Ferian And of course, there's Kanzaki-nee-chin. She's kinda insanely OP.

Even the "typical" mages we see, like Stiyl, are pretty darn insanely powerful. Stiyl's fire golem is pretty darn strong.
Ferian

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
誤称 wrote:
@Ferian And of course, there's Kanzaki-nee-chin. She's kinda insanely OP.

Even the "typical" mages we see, like Stiyl, are pretty darn insanely powerful. Stiyl's fire golem is pretty darn strong.

Each of those things I named is at least two orders of magnitude above Kaori in terms of dangerousness... except the grimoires which can fall pretty much anywhere on the scale, ranging from Oriana's shorthands and all the way up to Aleister's Book of the Law.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Magic side definitely has more consistantly powerful abilities/objects. Any magician can be a force to be reckoned with, while an esper's threat level is dependant on the nature and strength of their abilities. And even then their only real heavy hitters are the 7 level 5s and FUSE=Kazakiri.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Man this episode was so irony Mikoto could use it as a WMD.

Seeing her play with the kids was fun. She really isn't much different from them in various ways Laughing
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
i might be mistaken but next week seems to cover some stuff we saw in index or it could just look very similar.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, the latest episode was kinda meh but I liked the second half more. Oh and judging by that preview, my favorite character spoiler[Accelerator] from the series will be making his badass debut next time :3
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:07 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
i might be mistaken but next week seems to cover some stuff we saw in index or it could just look very similar.

You're mistaken. It's not going to cross over with Index any time soon.

Accelerator was a decent villain, but I keep rolling my eyes in regards to how they're trying to make him a good guy, yet he still gleefully murders people. So I can't say I'm a fan of his...
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:35 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
everydaygamer wrote:

You're mistaken. It's not going to cross over with Index any time soon.

Accelerator was a decent villain, but I keep rolling my eyes in regards to how they're trying to make him a good guy, yet he still gleefully murders people. So I can't say I'm a fan of his...

OK preview was just giving me a weird sense of deja vu.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:37 am Reply with quote
Well it's hardly the first time Accelerator has killed a Sister in an alley, nor will it be the last.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:02 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 4

So not a lot happening, Mikoto was in a good mood, and their summer vacation is on their minds, pointing out the summer vacation thing reminds me of the fact Index started at the very beginning of summer vacation. But Mikoto winds up without her friends but ends up hanging around a bunch of kids. The real plot though fits into all the spoiler[foreshadowing of things such as using electricity to communicate over a distance and as seemingly unrelated events to Mikoto corresponded to a newborn Misaka-9982]. And by the end of it, it seems Mikoto will learn what she spoiler[would do if she suddenly met her clone].

I was a little shocked at seeing that spoiler[room of dead Sisters], I sometimes forget how dark this series can be. I do look forward to seeing them more a I in general really enjoy the characters of them.

Quote of the episode: "spoiler[She looks just like a real human]!" Just something chilling about someone saying that, even if that person was shown to not be too bad.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
I gotta say, the Sisters arc is making me deeply uncomfortable. The way it was handled in Index, you as a viewer were at more of a remove (emotionally speaking) from the clones, so even though the idea was still creepy, it didn't seem to hit home as much (for me anyway). But now, seeing a clone going from "being born" to "growing up" is just very ... disturbing ... when you realize what her fate will be. I'll actually be glad to be past this arc and on to something else that doesn't make my skin crawl.
Zork

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 am Reply with quote
According to the Encyclopedia Railgun S has only 12 episodes. Does that mean the entire season is going to feature only the "Sisters" arc even though the OP shows Mikoto fighting against several antagonists?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
The Encyclopedia is not definitive. I don't know if this show is 1-cours or not, but do not assume the Encyclopedia is currently listing all the episodes that will eventually be available.
Clarste

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:36 am Reply with quote
They're talking about the field trip to California, which is the subject of one of the spin-off novels, so they're certainly going to do that arc too.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
Zork wrote:
According to the Encyclopedia Railgun S has only 12 episodes. Does that mean the entire season is going to feature only the "Sisters" arc even though the OP shows Mikoto fighting against several antagonists?

This is a common mistake I see people making all the time. The Encyclopedia says "Episode titles: We have 12," which means ANN only has titles/air dates for 12 episodes. If the series was 12 episodes, then it would say "Number of episodes: 12."

As for the people in the opening, they are a part of the Sisters Arc, not something separate.

Clarste wrote:
They're talking about the field trip to California, which is the subject of one of the spin-off novels, so they're certainly going to do that arc too.

Well, just because they mention it doesn't necessarily mean it'll be covered. Still, from what I know of it it'll be needed to set up the Daihaseisai arc.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 36 of 72