• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Photo Kano (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 11:15 pm Reply with quote
The mood definitely took a turn this episode. Though I feel like the drama was a bit forced, I do like the tone that was set. The musical score was constant throughout the entire episode and I love the piano theme of it. It felt like the dramatic climax lasted nearly half the episode instead of the last 1-2 minutes. I also like that spoiler[Maeda-kun seems well aware of Niimi-san's feelings toward him, but at the same time he seems very insecure about how he is compared to her so it creates tension/drama.]

Overall, it was kind of a sudden shift, but I think the way the previous episode ended feels appropriate now. It felt like a real conclusion to the introductory segment of the show and now the main story/stories will begin.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote
I also thought the drama seemed a little too forced. But I am glad that Maeda manned up in the end. So will the harem end next week or will we get some bs cop-out.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:35 pm Reply with quote
This series has danced on the edge, the thin cutting edge of boring and too many genres ...yet it keeps pulling itself back to being...rather odd and interesting.

The bad boys and girls of the shady photo club, well as long as they keep out of our way, esp that UGLY sooo UGLY big chnned one...well if they stay away, we can maybe have a decent enough school series. I do like the art, it is first class..and the girl characters are nice, esp the pretty ones... i just hope they stay away from the little girl theme and keep to the mature side of things.

It is still a rather odd series. It has some fine content and production values are high. Maybe it will fly. The main male character tho, he needs more definition. Maybe it will come now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

The drama was a little forced? It was horrible! I feel the desire to post a picture of 60's Spiderman saying that it gave him cancer I found it that bad. Unfortunately there none with the already fitting caption so I will just post the meme. I mean this show possibly had some sort of plot where we he learns from and teaches junk to girls, but suddenly he is apparently getting into an almost relationship with Nimi. An act that is ignoring every other character that probably should be getting some screen time before we get a focus girl, but just feels cheap in how we are supposed tthink these two like each other.

To do this in the fifth episode I have to compare it to Amagami SS, but not even Amagami was this forced, and Amagami could be pretty bad. Probably because the male lead has so far been as interesting as a character drawn onto a cardboard box, I am not sure what that means but it sounded good in my head. if this show has anything, it is that his some pretty nice artwork, but it is hard to even enjoy that with what this episode had. Flashbacks and stuff can be nice, but the way they did it makes it feel like they decided to squish together what could have been done over a period of episodes and learn about how these characters fit together. And instead make it feel like we are going to have some sort of arc restart where we go back in time with these events having little bearing and he will then end up with the secretly mean class president or that girl that rapped him when he was a kid.

The episode really gave me a bad taste in my mouth, I just have to think back to the pervy photographers trying to help to feel like the focus is aweful. And are we meant to believe he spoiler[sent a bunch of people into panic and ran himself ragged looking for her and only decided to check if she went home when it was dark and raining]? Strangely I am still liking this, and I will watch next week.

Also her cheeks looked mighty red for someone who was supposedly spoiler[suffering from an anemia attack], although I am not a doctor.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:26 pm Reply with quote
the park is always the place to go and reminisce about the past, or just sulk.

so if this really an omnibus format, i'm not sure how well that will work out. we only get 12 episodes and the next one looks to be the conclusion of Haruka's arc, so 1 ep for the other 6 heroines of whick we barely know anything about
FD2Raptor

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 4:13 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

And instead make it feel like we are going to have some sort of arc restart where we go back in time with these events having little bearing and he will then end up with the secretly mean class president or that girl that rapped him when he was a kid.

"That girl that rapped him when he was a kid" ? I think you've mistaken Amagami SS with Yosuga no Sora.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:56 am Reply with quote
FD2Raptor wrote:
that rapped him when he was a kid" ? I think you've mistaken Amagami SS with Yosuga no Sora.

I purposely used two different plots from different shows that fit the multiple continuities plot, the humour lay in comparing the somewhat cheese of one series with how twisted the other is.

Another post had me putting Madoka plot points in a pretend spoiling of RDG, I don't get mistaken like that.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

Also her cheeks looked mighty red for someone who was supposedly spoiler[suffering from an anemia attack], although I am not a doctor.

I was thinking that it might have been an excuse, since the position that Maeda found her in resembled some flashback scenes of their past, implying the true source of her attacks. There were two scenes which kind of confused me. One being that he spoiler[accidentally hit her with a soccer ball] and the other where he spoiler[accidentally elbowed her sternum]. One or both of those incidents may have caused some severe long term damage, I think. It was hard to understand due to the fast pacing of the episode, but was one flashback fabricated and the other real? Or did both happen? Kind of a shame that they couldn't clarify this a bit.
Riddley

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6.

Ok, yeah...you know...I'm ok with it ending there. No...no...no need to watch anymore pervy-ness. That was a good, poignant ending. Yup, 6 eppys...that's all it needed...

Wait...why is there a preview...oh sweet jesus.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 6:39 pm Reply with quote
So is this going to be like Amagami SS? But there is only 6 episodes left, unless they only do like 2 more girls.

My god this episode was corny as hell.
"Your dreams are my dreams."
" I managed to capture her heart".
If it weren't for the beautiful background scenery, I probably would have dropped it by now.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Well this episode was paced a lot more smoothly than the last.

It certainly was pretty cheesy and Haruka comes off as a bit weird to be able to say all that stuff without any hint of embarassment. Surely she's aware of the implications when you ask some one to push your butt and feel your chest. She's not the airheaded kind of character that could get away with that stuff.

Also the spoiler[confession] has me tilting my head. I mean, what the hell took them so long? You'd think that scene at the beginning was enough to make their feelings clear to each other, not to mention the stuff after that. And the part when they were kids...

Anyways, I imagine each of the other girls are only going to get one episode apiece so no doubt they'll be rushed as hell. Still, I'm looking forward to Mai and Nonoka's episodes.

"Do you remember the first person who told you that they liked you?"

*No one has ever told me that they liked me*

getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
That was sweet, and had a nice conclusion to Haruka's arc. So next week we get the girl who's had the least amount of development. the only way i see this working with one episode is rushing the entire arc. oh well, even though it's the weakest series of the three, I'll still stick with it until the end

Vaisaga wrote:

It certainly was pretty cheesy and Haruka comes off as a bit weird to be able to say all that stuff without any hint of embarassment. Surely she's aware of the implications when you ask some one to push your butt and feel your chest. She's not the airheaded kind of character that could get away with that stuff.

She loves the guy but he won't make a move so she's taking the initiative.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 3:43 pm Reply with quote
I can appreciate that, but I'd expect at least some bashfulness on her part.
Riddley

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm Reply with quote
We can't expect masterpiece level performance from a borderline ecchi. Let's just appreciate it for what it is... Just let it happen...
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:52 pm Reply with quote
good thing I wasn't expecting a masterpiece
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10