• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Site/Trailer Update

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 3:57 pm Reply with quote
The characters in the new Negima seasons are a huge improvement from the previous one. Is it wrong to say that they look more life-like when it's a cartoon? When its creator is Ken Akamatsu I think not.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I thought that the Negima!? OVA was a redo of season 1 and not a real season 2. Is this right?
Sabakyuu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:21 pm Reply with quote
I've never read the Negima manga , but I guess i'm one of the few people who actually enjoyed the first season.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:33 pm Reply with quote
Is Hatarakiman based on something written by the author of Sugar Sugar Rune? The art style is very similar.
lobotomoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Wolverine Princess wrote:
Is Hatarakiman based on something written by the author of Sugar Sugar Rune? The art style is very similar.

bingo. "original creator: Anno Moyoco" if I am reading the website correctly.

also, there is an error in the link to the Asatte No Houkou site. It has an extra " at the end of it. I had to "copy link location," paste it into my browser's URL box, and remove the " to get it to work.

the correct link should be:

http://www.tbs.co.jp/asatteno/

or this in html:
Code:
<a href="http://www.tbs.co.jp/asatteno/">site</a>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Tekkon Kinkreet looks delicious. I can't remember any time in my life I've ever anticipated a film's release so eagerly. If the quality and consistency of the animation remains at the same high level as the shots shown in the trailer/TV spot (the animation on that crow... drool...) this might be best looking movie Studio 4°C has done to date.

This might be a stupid question, but I just wanted to make sure... when the date at the end of the trailer reads "Dec. 23rd," do they mean 2006 or 2007?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:52 pm Reply with quote
lobotomoy wrote:
also, there is an error in the link to the Asatte No Houkou site.

Fixed, thanks.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:45 pm Reply with quote
lobotomoy wrote:
Wolverine Princess wrote:

bingo. "original creator: Anno Moyoco" if I am reading the website correctly.

Em, there should be a space between "hataraki" and "man." Notice the "man" part was written in katakana (マン). That's why the system didn't pick it up and link it to its Encyc entry.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:21 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I thought that the Negima!? OVA was a redo of season 1 and not a real season 2. Is this right?

Nobody knows yet
daisuke_wto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Nobody knows yet

all we know is there is an OVA comig soon along with another TV series I would assume the OVA would retell the series and season 2 to pick up from there but as far as I know this has been stated nowhere I didn't think the Negima anime is anywhere near as good as the manga niether did i think Love Hina was to it's manga but then again i read the mangas both first so maybe it's just the case of which 1 I saw first
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I have heard mixed reviews about the animated version of Negima! From what I have read, the first season is based on the first eight volumes of the manga or something like that. They end it somewhere around the Kyoto arc where they fight evil wizards and big scary ancient demons. I have not seen it and am comtemplating whether or not I should buy it. To me, everytime they animate one of Ken Akamatsu's works, it does not look nearly as good as the manga version. They always end up making the characters look weird. Plus they seem to deviate a lot from the manga's storyline.

Furthermore, from some of the screenshots of the first season that I have seen, the colors look pale in comparison to the second season. From an older announcement, it seems Gainax and Shaft will be co-producing the second season. Is it me or have hey made everyone's eyes in the second season bigger?

It is pretty cool that they are making a second season for Negima! I wonder if it will continue from volume nine of the manga.
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:59 pm Reply with quote
This news article forget to link this page before they added the anime site page link next to Hataraki Man.

anime#6688
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:41 am Reply with quote
sorry to bother any of u guys i can't find the negima second season or ova trailer can someone help?
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:25 am Reply with quote
There is no Negima trailer out yet, and yea the title is a bit deceiving. Rolling Eyes
masterage

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Negima! season 2 looks great, big improvement over season 1. Maybe they will cover more of the fights from the manga this time around. The manga's still better right now, but the art direction for the new season looks AWESOME.

Heh, I'll still like the series in any format >_> even if they somehow screw this up (HIGHLY unlikely)

That's my two cents about this, anyway.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1