• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Sweet cliffhanger, bro. Now if I can continue to read/post in this discussion thread without some ASSWIPE ruining it for me with unprotected spoilers, that would be just peachy. Thanks you, Tony K., for your clean-up work. Thankfully that happened before I saw anything.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:35 pm Reply with quote
This and Game of Thrones are currently the hardest things to discuss openly on the Internet due to always being under threat of spoiler bombs.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Titans attack Westeros and kill all of the Starks, including Tony.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:05 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Titans attack Westeros and kill all of the Starks, including Tony.

Noooooo

You know. I just realize how much AoT and GoT have in common.

Big wall built to keep ancient evil out? Check.

Hoards of monstrous things roaming the country side that only want to kill people? Check.

An order of knights charged with protecting the realm who have been relegated to joke status due to a long period of perceived safety? Check.

All of your favorite characters getting killed and/or maimed? Very check.

Last edited by Mr Adventure on Tue May 07, 2013 12:13 am; edited 3 times in total
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:08 pm Reply with quote
No, they have nothing in common. There's no gratuitous nudity used for sexposition in Shingeki. There should be.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
No, they have nothing in common. There's no gratuitous nudity used for sexposition in Shingeki. There should be.

What do you think the Titan's designs are for?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:

What do you think the Titan's designs are for?

You forgot to provide the example. If this titan ain't moe, then I don't know what is. I think I'm going to wipe the sweat off my forehead now.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
You forgot to provide the example. If this titan ain't moe, then I don't know what is. I think I'm going to wipe the sweat off my forehead now.

"Uguu~ I am going to eat you." "Desu."
jsc315

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:09 pm Reply with quote
uughhh! There is not one likable person in this show at all and the personalities are so paper thin. I think Ill drop this show for now. I gave this show a fair chance and really nothing about it I find interesting other then the design of the Titans and the music. I may pick this up later if I hear things get more interesting, but as of now this series is boring me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm Reply with quote
Well, if we can have some moe discussion for a series like Attack on Titan, then I might as well bring in the BL.

I ship Reiner/Connie, and it makes no effing sense at all! And I was delusional enough for one chapter to genuinely think that one of the two was canonically gay (it's a long story). But I ship it! And I've written fanfics in my head that I'll probably never put on paper, because, goddamnit, it's Attack on Titan. But I've shipped it for several months and will continue to do so.

And to those of you who thought you could escape such discussion for a series like this? You're welcome!

Razz

And now off to watch episode 5. (Death! Death galore!)

EDIT: Just finished watching on Crunchyroll. Wow, it effectively gave me the shivers just as much as reading the manga did. They did a gorgeous job with this episode.

Last edited by Crisha on Mon May 06, 2013 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
jsc315 wrote:
I may pick this up later if I hear things get more interesting, but as of now this series is boring me.

The really good part should be coming up within the next episode or two so I would try to stick around for at least that long.

willag wrote:
Well, if we can have some moe discussion for a series like Attack on Titan, then I might as well bring in the BL.

This isn't a series I'd slash but I hear that one of the most popular is Levi and Eren. I'm just waiting for Levi to have more than one line... Glad that Kamiya's got a rare deep-voiced role.

Personally I'd rather keep bl out of this thread however. We should discuss the series itself. There's plenty of other places where bl can be discussed. The moe bit was just a joke as far as I can tell... Not an actual attempt at discussing moe in this thread.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:40 pm Reply with quote
We're shipping in Attack on Titan? So be it: I'm shipping Sasha and Keith Shardis.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:44 pm Reply with quote
I am a perfectly straight male and I can see the BL undertones. But for the time being I will ship Armin and Erin, Erin would definitely be the bottom. In my head I will also believe that Mikasa also ships them.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
EmbraceMe wrote:

"Uguu~ I am going to eat you." "Desu."

"It...it's not like a destroy walls for you or anything."
Crisha

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
Personally I'd rather keep bl out of this thread however. We should discuss the series itself. There's plenty of other places where bl can be discussed. The moe bit was just a joke as far as I can tell... Not an actual attempt at discussing moe in this thread.

Well, I wasn't trying to start a discussion with it either. Laughing I was expecting more responses along the lines of, "WUH? U crazy." The couple is so farfetched in the first place, and romance is far, far, far from the point of this series. It is not the reason I read/watch it anyways.

But while we were joking and talking about wild and crazy things, I felt I could add something to it. Give everyone a chance to laugh at my pathetic expense. Wink

Being the only existing Reiner/Connie fan in existence probably, it should be up to me to come up with the ship name. ConRein? ReiCon? Conner?

@DuskyPredator - I approve.

But as for episode 5. Hot dang, that was good. I got chills, they're multiplying. And I'm losing control.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 18 of 107