• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Attack on Titan (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riddley

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I had to give in and read the manga.../cries ashamedly.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:14 pm Reply with quote
I ship Sasha/food Wink

DuskyPredator wrote:
I am a perfectly straight male and I can see the BL undertones. But for the time being I will ship Armin and Erin, Erin would definitely be the bottom. In my head I will also believe that Mikasa also ships them.

You know she does. And Eren and Armin ship Mikasa/Sasha.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:50 pm Reply with quote
After my wikipedia encounter I couldn't motivate myself to watch the anime and caught up on the manga instead. Decided I shouldn't put off watching for so long and so I finally decided to just jump back in and got around to watching episode 5. Nice. Animation was great and the storytelling is going about it differently then the manga so knowing what's gonna happen isn't affecting things too much for me. Just glad they eased up a bit with the vore compared to the manga. Still creepy as hell but man, the manga gets disturbing in those moments of titan feeding.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I ship Sasha/food Wink.

I don't think you're supposed to ship the obvious choices.
Bento-Box

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
This and Game of Thrones are currently the hardest things to discuss openly on the Internet due to always being under threat of spoiler bombs.

I second this. HOLY FREAKING!!!!!!! Episode 5! And I thought 4 had a cliff hanger!!!!

I'm speechless. (And, for me... that's really saying something because I talk a whole lot.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bunnyfoofoo05

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I am officially ending my lurking and joining the fray. You have obviously all been driven off the rails by episode 5 and have descended into shipping and moe ridiculousness (by which I mean, you are all my type of people, and please can we be friends?)

If I don't get some Levi action next episode i'm going to lose it. I'm REALLY hoping they decide spoiler[to animate the special chapter where he enters the Trost battle. Which I think they're pretty much going to have to if they want to convey his character before he becomes a series fixture. Props for the anime throwing us some Pixis last episode as well.]

jsc315 wrote:
uughhh! There is not one likable person in this show at all and the personalities are so paper thin. I think Ill drop this show for now. I gave this show a fair chance and really nothing about it I find interesting other then the design of the Titans and the music. I may pick this up later if I hear things get more interesting, but as of now this series is boring me.

I keep hearing this from a lot of people, and it's really disheartening because I feel like that's part of why the manga was so good. spoiler[It had one of the most well developed extended casts i've seen in a long time;]maybe moving chronologically instead of jumping around/doing character back-story wasn't the right move. Hopefully the anime can turn those problems around.

Also, I just realized how hard it is to reply here without the paranoia of possibly spoiling something (even if it's really nothing!) Excuse me if I reply in the future and it's all just spoiler tags Embarassed
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 am Reply with quote
Episodes 1 - 5. Wow. Wait, it's been a while since I could say that so let me repeat myself. Wow! And WTF?!?

Attack on the Titans has turned to be one of the most exciting and engrossing anime... ever made. Lets just hope it doesn't do anything stupid (like what Bakemonogatari did).

I love our main guy by the way. Notice how much his will to annihilate all titans impacts people around him. If not leader, he is a powerful and necessary inspiration to everyone around him. I love how anime shows those exact moments.

And yes, that titan is kawaii. Wink
Nocturne123

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:19 am Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:
I ship Sasha/food Wink

DuskyPredator wrote:
I am a perfectly straight male and I can see the BL undertones. But for the time being I will ship Armin and Erin, Erin would definitely be the bottom. In my head I will also believe that Mikasa also ships them.

You know she does. And Eren and Armin ship Mikasa/Sasha.

*shakes head* Gotta love how every time people are friends with each other, people have to take it as "they want to jump each other". Really irritating.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:30 am Reply with quote
Oh for Christ's sakes, relax. It's just some posters having a little fun. Not every discussion point has to be deadly serious, Monsieur Funsucker.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:32 am Reply with quote
Nocturne123 wrote:
*shakes head* Gotta love how every time people are friends with each other, people have to take it as "they want to jump each other". Really irritating.

Just to clarify, it was just a joke. I don't actually ship anyone with anyone.

Well, apart from Sasha/food...
DKL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
I was under the impression that Sasha and Food-kun was canon.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
I am pretty sure too, I mean did you see what she looked like when it looked like she was going to be in a love triangle with their instructor. But she seems to have learned some lesson and decided to keep her love with her peers, letting them share in the forbidden relationship.
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:22 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:

Just to clarify, it was just a joke. I don't actually ship anyone with anyone.

Well, apart from Sasha/food...

I now wait for the scenes that involve cucumbers or bananas. Embarassed
DKL

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:38 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Scenes involving large sausages will have to be passionately fought for given the rarity of meat in the known world.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:

Scenes involving large sausages will have to be passionately fought for given the rarity of meat in the known world.
If only they were living on a giant boat.

I wonder if Titans can swim?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 107