• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamisama Hajimemashita (TV) (both seasons).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:47 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13 (final)

After everything I don't have much to say, the series did not really do anything wrong, but yeah.

Well as someone with an interest in youkai, the spoiler[Tsuchigumo] was cool, and I think her spoiler[defeating it was proof that she is not just some screwball who has been lucky since anyone could do as good or better.]

But I think the best job was connecting drama with humor in this episode. I knew spoiler[she would trip], but it still worked, and I liked Mizuki trying to spoiler[help with the flute, but failed despite the stakes]. But Nanami still used spoiler[her newfound confidence and won.]

Unfortuantly I only gave the series a "Decent", this does not show my enjoyment of the series, but I think the series suffered from some pretty bad animation, and pacing felt off a number of times, like it was purely following some formulae. I did enjoy this show more than a number of others, and I hope my fairly low rating does not make it look like I did not like it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:58 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 13 (final)

After everything I don't have much to say, the series did not really do anything wrong, but yeah.

pretty much how i feel
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:12 pm Reply with quote
The end is here. Wish this one had more episodes.
I really like how it combined romance, comedy and innocence.
Tomoe was very bothered by her leaving. It brought back painful things.
Him not giving up was nice and kinda sweet.
Nanami on the other hand was totally down, until he got back to her senses.
Nanami vs Earth Spider & miasma! That was nice to watch.
The fall festival was a great success! That tsundere fox was really something.
The ending was perfect!! Like finally!
I'd love if it had another season!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Looks like Funimation has let cat out of the bag via Valentines Day e-cards. Look at the bottom right-hand corner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
not too surprising considering it was one of their best simulcasts to date
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:28 am Reply with quote
I quite enjoyed Kamisama Hajimemashita, but it's not the type of show I would think of buying. I have bought the occasional cute and entertaining show before, but usually only more off-beat works like Ikoku Meiro no Croisee that typically would not sell all that well. KH is the kind of show that streaming works well for, entertaining but not archival quality.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
I just finished this on funimation streaming and while I agree with the general consensus that this is a "light" anime I also think it has a lot more potential than where it ended up.

It would be easy to spin a couple more seasons just on the theme of Nanami trying to grant wishes to petitioners and getting into trouble over it. And of course her familiars always have to bail her out, Tomoe grumbling all the time but secretly loving it.

Anyone here know why it didn't get more attention than it did?
Zork

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
I just finished this on funimation streaming and while I agree with the general consensus that this is a "light" anime I also think it has a lot more potential than where it ended up.

It would be easy to spin a couple more seasons just on the theme of Nanami trying to grant wishes to petitioners and getting into trouble over it. And of course her familiars always have to bail her out, Tomoe grumbling all the time but secretly loving it.

Anyone here know why it didn't get more attention than it did?

I think the show focused too heavily on the nearly one-sided Nanami/Tomoe relationship and not enough on Nanami's growth into a decent land god. I almost dropped the series a couple of time because of that, but ultimately stayed because I did like the humor. I'm glad I did, because I really enjoyed the last episode.

Maybe they were setting up a second season with, as you said, a focus on Nanami and her land god duties but didn't count on people not liking the first season's focus.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:24 am Reply with quote
OVA

Sweet and all that. Like the guys spoiler[getting drunk and Tomoe misusing his shape shifting abilities to make comments about Nanami's body]. I expected her to spoiler[hit them quicker, but she really let it build up for a bit more, only stopping when he felt her up]. Laughing

The end highly implied another season was likely coming with a new character starting some plot.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
The OVA was short and sweet just like it ought to be. The most interesting part is the end of the episode because there seems to be spoiler[an antagonist at the end there].

Oh and I can't help but face palm at the spoiler[cliff climbing] scenes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 1

Not sure why but I found myself happily expecting this series. The first episode was good, Nanami seems to be a character I like quite a bit in hindsight. Her different sides in this episode fromspoiler[ sleeping in, trying hard to be capable], and clashing with the gods, are quite entertaining. Perhaps I recently became a bigger fan of this sort of thing, what comes to mind is the current airing Yona of the Dawn.

I felt like I needed plenty of reminding of things, of course last season's Kokkuri-san is fresh in my mind, and there are a couple tone differences.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Nanami & Tomoe are back!! <3
A short recap at the very beginning was nice.
spoiler[It was nice watching Nanami's longing looks at Tomoe.
Mikage's name kept popping up..
So Nanami got herself an egg project/test.
Just so she could go to Izumo.
Oh... Tomoe spilled something interesting to Nanami <3
Of course she got into trouble & needed to be saved.
That little monkey from the egg sure came in handy.]

Very nice first episode.
I'm so watching this season as well!!
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The OVA was short and sweet just like it ought to be. The most interesting part is the end of the episode because there seems to be spoiler[an antagonist at the end there].

Is the OVA what the Funimation site calls "Episode 14?" Or is it something else?

One of the many shortcomings of the Funimation site is that it doesn't put dates on their video information blocks.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Is the OVA what the Funimation site calls "Episode 14?" Or is it something else?

One of the many shortcomings of the Funimation site is that it doesn't put dates on their video information blocks.

I'm not subscribed to Funimation so I'm not sure.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Season 2, episode 1:

Ah, the show is back. Cute start imo and I like the OP song already along with the ED. The show still retains its charm and comedy with shoujo gimmicks.

There are some hints about spoiler[Tomoe's past though. For this season, I bet the show will develop more of Nanami's powers with what she has already learned. And aww, that ending is adorable :3]
dtm42

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
spoiler["Don't come . . . inside me . . ."

Oh Nanami, saying that will only make him more eager. And when did this turn into a hentai? Seeing you getting tentacle raped (if only orally) wasn't what I was expecting from a shoujo title.

Anywho, I can already tell I'm going to dislike the monkey. Plus the opening theme isn't nearly as good as the first season's. And I hate the "mysterious person from the past who will Shake Things Up" trope.]

But overall this was a fairly decent start to the second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9