• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hen Semi: Abnormal Physiology Seminar (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Abnormal Physiology Seminar.

It is rare for me to see an anime that isn't released or streaming in the U.S. but I happened to catch this one that had what seems to be a pretty good fan sub. I am wondering anyone else here has seen it.

It is possibly one of the weirder anime I have ever seen, and that's saying something since I am including the (admittedly short) list of H titles to compare to in this case. Seriously weird, and not for the squeamish. The closest thing that I can think of that has been streamed here is Mitsudomoe except APS isn't restrained in any way by having children present.

One thing kind of remarkable is the character art. Setting aside the shark-mouthed professor that leads the seminar we also have the university students that are drawn in a stocky -- almost pudgy -- way. Yet the girls end up being sexy somehow anyway.

As for what they do -- it seems that they take the "Abnormal" part of it seriously when it comes to perversion. Normally in anime when they say "pervert" it can mean simply "aroused in a normal way" but in APS it means, really, perverted. And the university course is all about investigating that. Also it seems like the purpose of the seminar is to see how much sexual harassment the main character, Nanako, can take.

Personally I am trying to figure out if I enjoyed it or not. It had a few good laughs -- but I would like to know what other people think.

getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:23 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I watched when it aired, and I'm still not sure what I think of it. though, it did get me to laugh a few times each episode, so I guess i liked something about it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1