• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kill La Kill Anime Reunites Gurren Lagann Director, Writer

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote
The title reminds us of redundant 80's names like Optimus Prime, Leader-One, He-Man, etc.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ah, Trigger. I hope they animate more than a frame every few seconds this time.

So I take it you haven't seen Little Witch Academia?
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:31 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
So if the government gives them $500,000 then they can go and make 25 minutes of decent looking animation? I doubt they can get more subsidies though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
So if the government gives them $500,000 then they can go and make 25 minutes of decent looking animation? I doubt they can get more subsidies though.

It's like you have no idea how TV anime actually gets made.
Vylash

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Megiddo wrote:
Do you have any idea whatsoever how the animation process works or are you just a complete idiot?
Kastel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

i heard TRIGGER used a million dollars to animate Inferno Cop................
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Vylash wrote:
Do you have any idea whatsoever how the animation process works or are you just a complete idiot?

A committee is formed to first to first research intellectual properties that could be adapted and/or created for an anime TV series. Committee then grows as more companies invest into the project (in this particular case, Aniplex/Sony along with others). And then animation production can begin and at the end, the companies who invested either reap their profits or lose money depending on the various multimedia sales of the project.

Surely you didn't think that all anime productions were subsidized?

Last edited by Megiddo on Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kastel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:20 pm Reply with quote
[citation needed]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Fencedude5609

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:34 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

But apparently you do? Otherwise your bizarre non-sequitur about the Young Animators Training Project makes no sense whatsoever.
Kastel

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm Reply with quote
It's not like I trust Trigger when they made three spectacular episodes of three shows before Inferno Cop (iDOLM@STER, Vividred Operation, Sword Art Online).

(-///-)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:

A committee is formed to first to first research intellectual properties that could be adapted and/or created for an anime TV series. Committee then grows as more companies invest into the project (in this particular case, Aniplex/Sony along with others). And then animation production can begin and at the end, the companies who invested either reap their profits or lose money depending on the various multimedia sales of the project.

Ding ding ding ding! And this is where Trigger will get their money to make Kill La Kill. No government funding necessary.

Quote:

Uh, are you talking to yourself now? You were the one that brought up government subsidies for some reason that I still can't figure out.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Kastel wrote:
It's not like I trust Trigger when they made three spectacular episodes of three shows before Inferno Cop (iDOLM@STER, Vividred Operation, Sword Art Online).

(-///-)

God just... look up who's working on this series. Trigger didn't just pop up out of nowhere.
Sarkozy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
So, we're now having people complain about how much this could cost in the US (With no REAL FACTS to back it up) before the show even airs in Japan?

Words cannot even begin to describe how ridiculous this is. Stay classy ANN.

ANN's insane ability to go on the oddest things aside, this sounds quite promising already. Having some of the Gurren Lagann staff on this project, there is no way I'm not going to be hyped for this.

Not only before the show even airs or before anyone can make an educated opinion on the shows content, it takes up much of the conversation at the beginning of this thread instead of the actual show itself. If people truly were paying attention to this show and were truly interested, they would have known Aniplex was backing this show literally almost three months ago. This is just complaining to complain and grandstand against Aniplex and its US subsidiary. It's the same old song and dance time after time with the same people. Except now it's begun to bleed into what Aniplex Japan does and that's a greater tragedy.

I didn't personally care for Gurren Lagann but Kill la Kill looks to be more to my taste. I can't wait to see more PVs with more art and designs. I loved Little Witch Academia so I await more on this and can't wait to see the show. This can't get here any sooner. Where's my time machine at, I think some of you have one. Oh wait.
Anti_Nadalista

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:33 am Reply with quote
The animation in Little Witch Academia is just "decent" now, hahahaha.
Kaisos Erranon

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Anti_Nadalista wrote:
The animation in Little Witch Academia is just "decent" now, hahahaha.

One wonders what he's comparing it to.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5