• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Devil Is A Part-Timer! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Like, will Satan be named Employee of the Month???

No, Chiho will!

Drama!!!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote
Aw, that's no fair! Chiho has a big advantage - well, two big advantages, actually.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:42 pm Reply with quote
I actually believe that he currently wants to stay so he can learn about humans a little more rather than become than go back become the evil overlord that everyone hates. To me it sounded like he was just making excuses that he ran out.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Ep. 5

Any final words? spoiler[Remember to take advantage of daily discounts!] Love how Maou showed how obvious spoiler[Orba's] evil plan was (surprised Emi never thought of it but she is the hero after all).

From now on, I hope the series will go more in depth about how Maou ruled the other universe because, while I do believe he wants to learn more about humans, he still has the responsibility to take care of his kingdom. I'm dreading the series will slow down too much and focus on typical love triangle antics with him, Emi, and Chiho. Though, if he doesn't want to become Demon Lord, why not spend this time trying to figure out the next step in his life?

Great action scenes (lol, spoiler[it's too heavy for me]) and that fact Chiho actually keeps her memories is a nice development. Hopefully Lucifer gets more comedic screentime along with Emi's comrades.

Again, he and Alsiel bicker like a married couple:
spoiler[
"You don't even hear line like that in B-movies anymore."
"My lord, when exactly did you have time to waste on movies?"
"What I do with my pocket change is my own business~"
"I never took so much as a break from housework to enjoy myself!"]

Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 3:03 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Lucifer, Maou, Orba and Emilia.]
Looks like good old fashioned human hunger for power is here as well.
spoiler[Orba and Lucifer vs Maou and Emilia.] Those are really weird pairs.
Guess Maou isn't the real villain of this story.
It was fun watching them transform and fight.
Awesome episode!! Just epic!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
One of my problems was answered, how weird. Magic bullet zapping was done by a seasoned world traveler, spoiler[who also used a gun though amusingly, he had better luck with the magic version.] There's still something odd there but...

I had visions of Legend of the Overfiend running through my head after seeing Chi's reaction to Satan's ... awesomeness. spoiler[You know what they say about giant guys with goat feet and horns. And even before that, she was pretty stoked about his buff version.] Maybe I'm just focusing on the wrong end on the developing demon/human relationship...
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
ookamigirl wrote:
Guess Maou isn't the real villain of this story.

That was pretty predictable, wasn't it?

It does look like Emilia's worldview will have to undergo a pretty drastic revision. So will the fundie church groups here in the U.S. If the DVD is ever released here I think I'll donate a copy to one of them to see what they think of Satan being the good guy.

Lucifer got owned pretty big time.

So the great overlord Satan seems to think making french fries and taking fast food orders is more interesting than keeping the home world in his iron grip? Somehow I just can't believe that is going to be the end of it. I hope not, anyway.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I think what's happened is that, now that he has gotten to know humans, he feels bad about the whole murder and pillage thing. So he doesn't want to go back anymore.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Well, can you blame him? In his world, he's hated and reviled and people come at him with magic swords and chop off his horn (speaking of which, it's interesting that while he can heal body shots with magic, his horn was still missing). In this world they want to make him Employee of the Month!!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
I liked this whole episode, but what amused me the most was spoiler[Chiho screaming which then caused both Maou and Alsiel to scream like little girls as well]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote
jum wolrj. Htij ij hte lanvuave egekcone in Enha Ijla jmearj. ih'j quihe wun. Mektamj all wuhuke enhkiej in htij wokup jtoulx ze lire htij.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
I got 2 things to say:

1.Holy lawd is this show amazing

2. SadaoxLucifer doujins when?
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Ep 6

Damn Lucifer/Urushihara really does not fear Maou despite the ass kicking he received last episode. The search for a gate just turned out to be spoiler[a hunt for Urushihara's game console]. I loved how Chiho sighed and Ashiya had a "what are you doing Maou?" look when Maou missed Chiho's love flag. It looks like the new girl is the spoiler[Inquistor from the other world, who is apparently his new neighbor according to next week's title.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6
Another brilliant episode!

The beginning was pretty funny for this episode. It also made me a bit hungry tbh. As for Maou, he's been doing pretty damn well. In fact, I think he's even made it as a position as a spoiler[stand-in manager]. Not bad for a start for world domination! Too bad we didn't see the spoiler[landlady's entire picture in that envelope. Oh wait, after that reaction, I don't think I want to see either] Laughing

Anyways, great episode with the spoiler[7 mysteries of the school]. Hehe, I got my laugh.s
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Oh god, spoiler[what were those white things he was eating? Shocked His description made it sound like they were globs of fat or offal. Gah! But still funny. I can imagine overhearing that at a restaurant.] Very Happy

spoiler[So he's supporting three people now?] All I can say is that MgRona l d's must pay a lot better than McDonald's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 30