• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Devil Is A Part-Timer! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:26 pm Reply with quote
ep.6

spoiler[

esta isla church is seem having probs going hmm to do with recent happen while maou having got a promote & having luc-Urushihara doing computer works for maou.

then after UGH that maou's sidekick & Urushihara got from "letter pic" then it reveal in computer there a forbidden room in school to get demon power & gate til it's in chiho's school.

so maou & sidekick with chiho going check while emi sneak in & oops slash a body school dummy til finally enter the forbidden room which nothing to be Urushihara old hideout place to pick-up his game (yet someone was watching them).

& after that then maou saw "letter pic" cue brain bleach & with that found catch girl in komoto outfit on his door. ]
Arkov

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
I think this is the first time in any series ever where I can honestly say that I don't know how it's going to end. And I love that.

It'll be interesting to find out what the seventh mystery is, and I'm starting to wonder if Chiho isn't going to have a more important role than we've been led to assume, based mainly on scenes in the OP/ED. Watching those, it's like she's a focus character.

Great series, if it continues like this it'll easily fit into my top five.
yoshiyukiblade

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
I like that Chi-chan was intelligent enough ask if spoiler[Maou was the cause of the urban legend of her school due to his demonic nature] even though we as the audience clearly know that he wasn't. It's one of those nice touches in the script that makes the characters feel more alive and smart enough to connect ideas together, even if they add no significance to the plot.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:21 am Reply with quote
I can't even figure what it is that I like about this show so much, but I really am.

Episode 6

Oh god, that was so spoiler[troll]. We could forgive Satin and Alsiel for not being familiar with the school horror cliché, but it looks like Chiho was hoping to use it for the romance. Even if he was missing the hints. I found it funny how Alsiel and Satin were spoiler[criticising Emilia for destroying the dummy, and Chiho just said they could be okay if no one found, and got looks like not even Demons would do that]. But the end, all four of them looked spoiler[furious that Lucifer had only tricked them into retrieving his PSP Vista].

There are other lol parts too like Lucifer spoiler[hacking], which really was used to spoiler[prank call] Emilia, and what was on that photo. Also the OP and ED were showing a girl who appeared in this episode, my guess is that she is some sort of spoiler[assassin of the church meant to do in Emilia because she was meant to be a martyre.] I like Chiho, parts like her friend going into BL mode, and comenting on humans only have one heart to Alsiel.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:11 am Reply with quote
This show owns my Hellbound soul. I was happy to see a return to a more "normal" show after the fighting of the last two (not that I minded that stuff, but I just groove more on the "Satan interacting with the normal world" schtick).

I see that Emilia is still hanging on to her, "yeah, I could go back to the other world at any time, but as the Hero I have to stick around and keep an eye on you" rationale. [sing-song]Somebody's not be honest with their feelings...[/sing-song]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
Well my opinion is that she does have to stay as she is not sure yet of Satan's motivations, she spent years with her hatred of him fuelling her (he is responsible for her father' death), she can't just run away. On the upside life there is not too bad, and no one has crazy expectations of her on Earth. Honestly I don't think she "likes" him, it would be too out of character in my opinion, but he is a mystery, she seemed plenty happy in saying that he is all Chiho's.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:35 am Reply with quote
Oh, DuskyPredator...

*pats DP's head in a patronizing way*

You have so much to learn about women. Come on, we are probably only an episode away from the following:

Emilia walks into Castle Overlord, carrying a huge bento-box.

Emilia: "I made too much food for lunch today..."

She turns her head and thrusts the bento-box at Satan.

Emilia: "Here! Be grateful."

Satan: "Thank you."

Emilia: "It's - it's not like I made it for you or anything!"

Emilia runs from the room.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:04 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:

You have so much to learn about women. Come on, we are probably only an episode away from the following:

Understanding women is like trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle with the inside pieces missing; you've got the border done but the rest you just can't solve. Laughing

Apologies if this is offensive to anyone.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well my opinion is that she does have to stay as she is not sure yet of Satan's motivations, she spent years with her hatred of him fuelling her (he is responsible for her father' death), she can't just run away. On the upside life there is not too bad, and no one has crazy expectations of her on Earth. Honestly I don't think she "likes" him, it would be too out of character in my opinion, but he is a mystery, she seemed plenty happy in saying that he is all Chiho's.

That doesn't make much sense; She has the magic to go home but she wants to stick around to keep an eye on the fryslinger? Without an army of demons or an arbitrary position of Evil power, there's not much trouble he can get into. It's interesting that he has to create an atmosphere of fear and terror to gain magic power but without a large amount of power to start with, he can't generate any on his own; truly, an Evil catch-22. She can just go home knowing that hey, he's part timer and happy about it. But she won't {storywise, we need the conflict}

I'd say it all started with the umbrella incident and kind of went out of control from there. Really, if she wasn't a hero and him a villain, she'd clearly be a stalker. Not that she'd ever see herself as one, of course.

Yusa as a basic tsundere? No, I don't see her as having a softer side or at least one she can control. Even on her first visit to the Devil's Lair she went straight from demanding to be let in to whiny and sulky. I'd say it would be far more likely that she'd give him a gift and then run away crying than face any positive reaction from Satan. Anyone, for that matter; She keeps brushing off her coworker because she's just not good outside of fighting Evil and Revenge.
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote
I think she just doesn't have much to define her existence outside of Satan. There's nothing waiting for her back home, either. She may not like him romantically, but she's totally dependent on him.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Maou was totally ROFL with his reaction to barbecue.
Looks like their little place is getting even smaller.
Well, at least they put Urushihara to some useful work.
The forbidden classroom thing was fun to watch.
Guess that was a wild goose chase...
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:40 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I think she just doesn't have much to define her existence outside of Satan. There's nothing waiting for her back home, either. She may not like him romantically, but she's totally dependent on him.

Basically. Emilia has been brought up under the impression that Maou is evil and that all she needed to do was destroy him. Remember how shocked she seemed when it turned out thatspoiler[ a member of the Church] was conspiring against humanity? The show, for now, is playing her dependency on the notion that Maou, Alisel, and Lucifer are pure evil for laughs.

And it is funny how she constantly tries to catch the guys doing something destructive but, she's ends up causing more trouble. Maou even points out why should he spoiler[pay for the mannequin] that Emilia destroyed. Take some responsibility, hero! It plays on this notion that bad guys will always be the bad guys. What's so funny about this series is how the bad guy is pretty dorky and has to deal with the situation at hand without relying on powers.

Now it's an apartment of two Dads and a freeloading son. Very Happy
I swear, Lucifer is such a brat. He makes the gang go into an abandoned school just so spoiler[he can get his PASTA=PSP back.] Maou should've decked him again for being so lazy. Chi is still interesting as a character; I like how she spoiler[questions Maou about the spooky occurrences.] The girl in the end must be the final character from the other realm.

Dear lord, just how bad is Miki in spoiler[a thong] anyway?! Shocked
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:54 pm Reply with quote
There's no reason for Emilia to go back anyway, unless she wants to fight the entire Church almost single-handedly; they claimed that she'd died and are obviously up to no good. She is relatively safe on Earth now that her powers are recharged, and since she can go back at any time there is no impetus to do so straight away. She can just hang around Maou and keep an eye on him, although it's clear that she doesn't consider him an enemy any more. Even her stalking is half-hearted now; she didn't even know that Lucifer was living with Maou, and deliberately gave herself away at the school. With Maou's powers basically gone she could easily kill him any time she chooses. But, sensing the good in him, she'd rather just ensure he doesn't cause any more trouble. It's clearly not love. Well, not yet, anyway.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, now we know how Satan and Alsiel survived being shot through the chest. Smile

But for the love of god, someone please tell me what those white globs were that he was eating? Pure fat? Intestines? Witchety grubs? What do they normally serve in a barbeque that looks like that?
egoist

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
EmbraceMe wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Understanding women is like trying to solve a jigsaw puzzle with the inside pieces missing; you've got the border done but the rest you just can't solve. Laughing

Apologies if this is offensive to anyone.

I just figured since the inside piece is missing I'd use my own. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 11 of 30