• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Compile Heart, Final Fantasy's Amano & Uematsu Reveal Fairy Fencer F RPG

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
The problem is that both sides of the Pacific have different standards of what makes a good game. There are many big sellers/good reviewed games in Japan that wouldn't even get notice in America (Love Plus, Hatsune Miku games, Recent Shining games, etc)... and there are also games that sell great and win all kinds of awards over here Japan has no interest in. Even Dynasty Warriors games still get super high reviews in Japan while the West gives them terrible reviews for being repetitive now. Its just tough to make games that both cultures like... which leads us to Japan making games for Japan and the West making games for the West. Making "Better games" doesn't really mean they'll make games the West is interested in at all.

Monster Hunter as well. Best selling game on the PSP and it was never even brought over to the US. Most PSP/Vita games are stuff Japan loves but America probably wouldn't which is why the system is already floundering in America.

Overall I'm satisfied with Japanese came coming out. I'd play more western games if they were stuff I actually liked, but I'm not going to be one of those "here's the top 10 things WRPGs need to do to be saved" and then it all boils them down to being turned into JRPGs. Obviously Americans like those games already so they can play them and I can play my stuff. Then again the western games I love all died out about 20 years ago (point and click adventure games) so maybe I just went through that "nothing to play" phase earlier than other people did. (As an aside, I hope the new Leisure Suit Larry remake is good)
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:19 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter 1,2, and Frontier on the PSP were brought to America. With Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii even doing decently here. Now Monster Huner Tri Wii U has been released with 4 probably coming as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
TitanXL

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 1:33 am Reply with quote
According to this, the best selling one wasn't.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_Portable_3rd

Monster Hunter is weird in America gets some but not others.[/list]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7