Forum - View topic
NEWS: CG Captain Harlock Remake Has International Dub Plans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Trailer:​watch?​v=​-​42Hf8vIJTY (I hope that's kosher --- I found and posted this link between my first and second reading of the article, by which time all the images and links were taken down.)

I think it's pretty easy to see this getting at least a limited release --- maybe 50 theaters or so.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote
I also see that Joseph Chou is producing this for Toei. He has a really good relationship with the former ADV and now Seraphim, so I'd say that almost guarantees that it will be a Houston dub. This is likely the secret project Foster is working on, just like the CGI Starship Operators before it.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:31 am Reply with quote
yuetheguardian wrote:
yamiangie wrote:
yuetheguardian wrote:
is it me or is there some erros on the website for instance is that really Mimay? she should have like blue hair and yellow eyes that looks more like a mazone to me. and she's no L mimay either because she's blonde.

I like this look for Mimay if anyone should be a space elf in it should be her.

I find it funny they note that in this Harlock is at least 100. I really wonder sometimes if he's got some sort of long lived alien ancestor somewhere in is family tree. That or he's going to just end up being a cyborg
keep in mind he was in ge 999 and his own series space captain harlock which are like 300 years apart.... o_O

Miime was a blonde space elf when she first appeared in the manga Diver Zero.​image/​39973091165
Collector ExtraordinaireCollector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Would love to see this movie in a full size theatre. Short of that, I'd settle for a N.A. Blu-ray release. Pleased to see they've already got international dubbing plans in the works.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2