• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(A) Certain Scientific Railgun (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:13 pm Reply with quote
What kind of rice cooker costs 128,000 yen?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
A damn good one.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:08 pm Reply with quote
So there's only one question on my mind after watching episode 5:

Why do people like Accelerator again?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5
Oh God, the first 10 minutes were just so silly. *meow*

Ha, cute and amusing. Second part was more violent obviously with a certain badass level 5. Man, this episode was epic.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So there's only one question on my mind after watching episode 5:

Why do people like Accelerator again?

Look up my earlier post in this thread about that.

Well now I wonder how many rail-gun fans from season one are going to be turned off, or drop the series completely now because of 180 change?? I warned a few that the source material was not a slice of life or a happy go lucky series, but no-one ever listens to me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote
How early we talkin'?

And yeah, I was wondering if they were going to leave in the whole spoiler[tearing off her limb] thing and sure enough they did.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
How early we talkin'?

And yeah, I was wondering if they were going to leave in the whole spoiler[tearing off her limb] thing and sure enough they did.

Last page on my point about accelerator. I started to talk about 4-5 months ago when the second season was announced about the shift change on sites I did it on twitter, crunchyroll etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I can't find it (not that I looked all that hard).

I understand in theory why people like him, but after seeing him being all cruel and merciless it just serves as a reminder that he's... not a very good person, putting it mildly.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:22 am Reply with quote
That was repulsive beyond belief. To me it epitomizes the worst strain of anime: the depiction of cruelty for bludgeoning emotional manipulation purposes. Unfortunately for me, the crudity and obviousness of the intention in no way mitigates its effectiveness. I am thoroughly bummed out, as the creator of this wanted me to be.

Also unfortunate for me is the fact that, as much as I'd love to drop the show after this, I can't. Now I need to get my catharsis. Plus, aside from this cheap and revolting emotional manipulation, there is lots about the show I like.

But yeah, a big eff you to the a-hole who thought this up.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:05 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 5

*watch the spoiler[leg get torn off], and cover eyes*
Man that is spoiler[gruesome, that whole battle] sickened me. But at the same time it is exactly why I was watching this season, the happy bits, and the not so happy bits. Thank you spoiler[censor bar], I did not want to spoiler[see the results] there. And seeing Mikoto's reactions to finding out the true atrocities that are being done to people that her share her own DNA, that is not something we already had.

As for why some people and myself like Accelerator. I hated him until we saw the time where we saw that he really does not want to fight, even if his place ended up trashed by vandals he felt no need to go out on a vendetta. Apparently him wanting to just be left alone is a big part as he does not want power for power's sake, and his mean streak in the Sisters project was his plan to be intimidate any would be assassins or others would be after him. Not to mention is a pretty cool looking unstoppable force. I noticed that his hair looked a little longer in this episode so it was covering his eyes, highlighting his monstrous look, I also actually just noticed how short Mikoto's hair is too watching it blow in the OP song.

But it was not all dark this episode, there were some very funny bits too with the MISAKA's personality shining through the stoic deadpan shell. I had to spoiler[burst out laughing] when her response was to spoiler[go "Nyah"], so unexpected. There was her liking the cat (which looked mysteriously like this cat), finding spoiler[humour in words], the ice-cream (spoiler[eating her own and Mikoto's]). I enjoyed all the simplified facial expressions, openly rude attitude, and criticising the spoiler[badge despite not willing to give the "gift" back].

"I loved it, even if it really becomes sad latter in the episode." Says DuskyPredator as he sums up his thoughts on the episode.
12skippy21

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
That was repulsive beyond belief. To me it epitomizes the worst strain of anime: the depiction of cruelty for bludgeoning emotional manipulation purposes. Unfortunately for me, the crudity and obviousness of the intention in no way mitigates its effectiveness.

Valid point though you could say the same thing about news programming and charity advertising. It is quite effective though.

I actually thought spoiler[the limb removal] was one of the best parts of the episode because it put the rest of the episode into stark contrast with the funny first half. I like the universe put always felt that the series so far was all over the place but this episode but together its lighter and darker tones in a very engaging manner. I cannot wait till the next episode.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Eh, I can't find it (not that I looked all that hard).

I understand in theory why people like him, but after seeing him being all cruel and merciless it just serves as a reminder that he's... not a very good person, putting it mildly.

because Accelerator is a bad ass. He is not a bad guy. this is just an experiment. What he did is all legal since the gov't sponsor it.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:20 pm Reply with quote
I didn't like Accelerat-dork as a villain in Index, either. He was all crazy eyes and manical laughing. My least favourite type of baddie.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Geez, I felt sad when the first clone spoiler[died] on Index, but damn...this one was way worse :/ Poor Misaka who's serial number I can't recall (if it was even given). As bad as I felt for her though, I did enjoy how dark the episode got. I'm one that loves the violence and gore though. I actually got chills during the scene where spoiler[Mikoto saw her clone die and started raging]. I love when anime reach that level of epicness lol

As for the whole Accelerator talk. I guess I would consider myself kind of a fan (maybe). I don't necessarily like the guy, but I do love how violent he gets. I also like his relationship with spoiler[Last Order] later on lol
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Poor Misaka who's serial number I can't recall (if it was even given).

It was 9982. The first one killed in Index (which is the last one killed period) was 10031.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 38 of 72