• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Oreimo (TV) - both seasons and ONAs.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:05 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Who the hell is trying to ruin anything? It's not like anyone is going

KIRINO DIES IN THE END!!!

I agree that any prolonged discussion of the novels should go in their respective forum, but if some one wants to tease about future events, or reply to a question whose answer is contained in the light novels, there's no problem if it's properly spoiler tagged.

If you look at the spoiler and find out something you didn't want to, that's your own responsibility.

NO THAT"S NOT TRUE THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!! /Sarcasm.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:17 am Reply with quote
At the very least they should have a bolded warning before the spoiler tag stating that it is novel spoilers.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:59 am Reply with quote
I kinda like the idea of KyosukexKurara. She seems like a nice girl and would probably play little sister to fulfill his siscon desires
TatsuGero23

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Who the hell is trying to ruin anything? It's not like anyone is going

KIRINO DIES IN THE END!!!

I agree that any prolonged discussion of the novels should go in their respective forum, but if some one wants to tease about future events, or reply to a question whose answer is contained in the light novels, there's no problem if it's properly spoiler tagged.

If you look at the spoiler and find out something you didn't want to, that's your own responsibility.

Again though, your letting your own over-excitement potentially ruin future events for those who don't read the light novels, who only have access to the anime, or want to stick to legitimate sources in their viewing. There is the rest of the internet to find those answers and hints. The forums here are meant for their respective story lines and respective progress in them.

I said what I said as a general reminder of consideration. Predator's idea is just a reminder of what was done in the past when those overzealous fans couldn't stop talking about the mangas or novels but there was no way to differentiate a episode spoiler with that of a manga or novel spoiler (because not everyone here watches the fansubs, has early access, or is keeping up with the anime every week). Even then those safe guards don't always work cause some people either forget or are generally inconsiderate. We at least try to minimize the stuff we have more control over.
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Aside from spoiler[Kuroneko confession at the end] my favorite content from this episode was likely spoiler[father hitting dat bottle because he can't deal with the idea of Kirino having a boyfriend].

OH MY GAWD, NEXT EPISODE PLEASE.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:04 pm Reply with quote
Ha, I knew Kirino's spoiler["boyfriend" was a lie.] Anyways, pretty good episode imo. Oh and spoiler[Kurenko] popped the question. Now to wait for the response.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Dang, this show has gotten pretty good at handing out the cliff-hangers. Too bad Kyou-suck is such a limpdick: there's no wayspoiler[ he'll be a man about Kuroneko's confession and boink her as he should.]

Oh and zero surprise on spoiler[Mr. Pillow-biter not really being Kirin-ho's boyfriend. No way that guy plays for Team Het.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:53 pm Reply with quote
God Kirino. You always have to be such a damn drama queen about everything.

I remember when this novel came out. Even the author apologised for using the same cliffhanger ending twice in a row Laughing

Blood- wrote:
Dang, this show has gotten pretty good at handing out the cliff-hangers. Too bad Kyou-suck is such a limpdick: there's no wayspoiler[ he'll be a man about Kuroneko's confession and boink her as he should.]

We all know he's holding out for Ayase.

Blood- wrote:
Oh and zero surprise on spoiler[Mr. Pillow-biter not really being Kirin-ho's boyfriend. No way that guy plays for Team Het.]

Actually [NOVEL SPOILERS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T LOOK] spoiler[I told you not to look! Why didn't you listen to me?!?! Anyways he has a girlfriend already. A 2D one.]
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Well this episode was really good overall and it was great to see how a typical dad/brother would react.
SPOILERS!!!!!!
spoiler[Now for kuroneko confessing to kyouske, this is expected from some one that has read the light novel. However their relationship is not even going to last one episode at the rate this adaption is going and kyouske is going to get dumped next week.]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm Reply with quote
Is a middle-schooler having a boyfriend really that out of line?

Although it might be difficult for older brothers and dads and jealous girlfriends, they should realize they are better off with her getting some experience in this earlier rather than later. spoiler[By taking the outright hostile stance they are accomplishing nothing but pushing her away. Of course a 14 year old dating should have some limits placed on her but they are acting like she would have none if she had a boyfriend.] Is everyone in Japan so emotionally stunted?

Of course it is more amusing this way so I guess it is just as well that I am not writing this anime.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 8:55 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Is a middle-schooler having a boyfriend really that out of line?

Although it might be difficult for older brothers and dads and jealous girlfriends, they should realize they are better off with her getting some experience in this earlier rather than later. spoiler[By taking the outright hostile stance they are accomplishing nothing but pushing her away. Of course a 14 year old dating should have some limits placed on her but they are acting like she would have none if she had a boyfriend.] Is everyone in Japan so emotionally stunted?

Of course it is more amusing this way so I guess it is just as well that I am not writing this anime.

I don't really think it's the fact she is a middle schooler who is in the 9th grade/14yrs old. I think it has due in part that fathers are very overprotective of their daughters in very Conservative society's.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
I don't think any good father will like it if their middle school daughter was already dating.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Kyosuke pretty much outlined why it's a big deal. It's not Japan exclusive either. Just look at films like Meet the Parents.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Kyosuke pretty much outlined why it's a big deal. It's not Japan exclusive either. Just look at films like Meet the Parents.

Perhaps so however I don't have a sister I'm close to fully understand these feelings. There is no need for me dwell on personal life issues here, but I've seen it happen before with some of my female friends when I was in high school.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:58 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 6

Forget most of the episode, the important bit as at the very end where spoiler[Ruri finally got the guts to ask Kyousuke out]. Well it had been causing trouble, it seems that Kirino does not have a boyfriend, well she seemed to being against his supposed flirting with Ruri and Manami, and being jealous. That is the only thing I can think of with how things turned out, it seriously looked like she was going to confess, but Kyouske gave a "I know" sort of answer.

Now what will happen next week, the stakes are rising and status quo could change. I also liked that Saori decided to be frank in removing her façade for a little bit.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 56