• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Devil Is A Part-Timer! (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

But for the love of god, someone please tell me what those white globs were that he was eating? Pure fat? Intestines? Witchety grubs? What do they normally serve in a barbeque that looks like that?

Yeah, offal are parts of butchered animals including the guts. <-Slight NSFW content if you don't like seeing animal guts (or if you're vegan).
dtm42 wrote:
There's no reason for Emilia to go back anyway, unless she wants to fight the entire Church almost single-handedly; they claimed that she'd died and are obviously up to no good.

True. Even if she did go back, she'll need some sort of plan to deal with the Church. Might as well spend some time thinking while stalking watching over Maou and the gang.

EmbraceMe wrote:

Apologies if this is offensive to anyone.

Yeah, about that...
JR-1

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:59 am Reply with quote
Well, despite not having much enthusiasm, I still watched episode 6, and while it is still pretty fun, I can't help but feel it's soured by the non-climax in the previous episode.

To re-clarify, the problem is (as is with most semi-episodic manga and light novel) the paradoxical need of both "a climax" and "status quo". Most of the time plot points brought into the mix for the former, but in the end most of it doesn't matter because of the latter.

In this particular case, though it is interesting to see spoiler[Lucifer essentially becomes an internet-addicted teenager], I find it rather implausible spoiler[he behaves like a good boy just because of one beating from Maou]. And even though it is previously stated spoiler[negative emotions from humans can generate magic, this is pretty much forgotten/ignored by everyone, even Lucifer]. Also, spoiler[ keeping Maou's intentions vague between wanting to go back to Ente Isla and to live ordinarily in Earth] works in the first few episodes but becomes rather frustrating the longer it is unresolved, especially after the 'climax' in the last episode.

Well, it's still fun enough so I guess I'll still be watching even though it didn't fulfill my (admittedly, rather unrealistic) expectations.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 pm Reply with quote
JR-1 wrote:
In this particular case, though it is interesting to see spoiler[Lucifer essentially becomes an internet-addicted teenager], I find it rather implausible spoiler[he behaves like a good boy just because of one beating from Maou].

Given the track records so far, I would say that something about Earth -- specifically Japan -- has some sort of pacifying effect on demons and heros that goes beyond just the loss of magic ability. Lucifer is par for the course, and he might have a history with Satan that ensures his docility.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I hope the spoiler[picture] comes back. more specifically, I hope Emi finds out about what it does to the guys and uses that whenever they fall out of line.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:39 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
more specifically, I hope Emi finds out about what it does to the guys and uses that whenever they fall out of line.

I think Emi is the one that needs to be pulled back, not the demons.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Ep 7

Chiho is way too cute with how she reacted with the bento box. Emi misunderstood Kamazuki's actions. Emi thinks she is in love with Maou like Chiho, but Kamazuki is probably just gathering info on Maou.

I think the person who attacked spoiler[Emi was Lucifer. He was smirking when Emi left, so I assume he probably took one of the sacred power bottles from her bag. The person who attacked her also had the same purple eyes as Lucifer. He must have gotten new powers since he is a demon, hence why Emi was confused by the attack]
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
Staircase girl is back!

Actually, I like this spoiler[Suzuno] girl. She knows her stuff around the kitchen and can take charge herself around the house. Oh and I also like her voice. In regards to her character, I think Suzuno is also just trying to gather information. There's no signs of actual affections from her towards Maou at all.

Anyways, funny episode again especially that ending.

It's...a bird, it's a plane, no it's a spoiler[heart made bento-box]. Ahahahahaha
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 10:07 pm Reply with quote
ep.7

spoiler[satan & company got gift from female in kimono aka suzuno a big box of noodles while emi got her box gift of vitamin drink to boost her magic power.

yet on warm day emi still spying of satan's place til see suzuno go snoop a lot til fall catch by satan til drop on ground then meet talk & greet emi going all protect suzuno from satan & gang.

then emi having call from going on esta isla even her caller/supplier of vitamin drink wonder way emi being satan is like husband & wife?

as for satan being prepare to work battle cause here come rival food aka SFC chicken & oh reveal gift he got from suzuno to chiho which big lunch & heart design look got chiho in panic.

& emi well pick-up food til attack by masked person give vitamin drink did boost her power yet masked person almost got her til saved by an orange toss & oh got call from chiho about satan's lunch from suzuno. ]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
jum wolrj. Htij ij hte lanvuave egekcone in Enha Ijla jmearj. ih'j quihe wun. Mektamj all wuhuke enhkiej in htij wokup jtoulx ze lire htij.

Ta! Ih ozgioujlc hoor pe aftile ho kealibe ftah htij faj. Smile Tof xix cou wivuke htij ouh ok fteke xix cou winx ih?
Ih'j wunnc htah hte jape almtazeh yan ze ujex ho vo wkop enhaeje ho envlijt anx giye gekja. (tome i xixn'h pare anc hcmoj!)
Treeborn

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 am Reply with quote
Mao reading that manga and showing it to Alciel Anime hyper That new girl is cute, I really liked her voice. I don;t think that villain at the end was Lucifer though. If you noticed at the very beginning of the attack, he charged at Emi but was interrupted because he didn't see it was a transparent door. I'm pretty sure Lucifer would already be aware of sliding doors lol Plus, I can't see Lucifer using that scythe. But I could be wrong
Arkov

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Mao reading that manga and showing it to Alciel Anime hyper That new girl is cute, I really liked her voice. I don;t think that villain at the end was Lucifer though. If you noticed at the very beginning of the attack, he charged at Emi but was interrupted because he didn't see it was a transparent door. I'm pretty sure Lucifer would already be aware of sliding doors lol Plus, I can't see Lucifer using that scythe. But I could be wrong

I thought it might be the last of the generals (or were there four generals + Satan?). Death, maybe?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:40 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Unfortunately for Emilia, she was right earlier in that the new neighbour is likely an assassin, although her directive seems to be collecting information since she has not made a move yet. On the other hand a spoiler[mysterious person did try to take out Emilia], I think it might likely either be someone trying to spoiler[off her so she is a martyr], or a Demon general (either Adramelech who was shown with something like an axe, or Malacoda who was hooded and skeletal looking).

And Chiho freaking out over the box, neve had I felt the dread of something so cute. It actually looks like the neighbour has been using stereotypical ideas that she might have taken out of context, her attire being one thing.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Suzuno] meets the neighbors ^^
Maou and the rest sure are a funny bunch.
At least it's interesting to watch them goof around.
Looks likespoiler[ the new neighbor is not just an innocent girl].
spoiler[Emilia's plan to gain more magic] is going well too.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:10 pm Reply with quote
My good friend recommended this show to me and I first was slightly amused...but by episode 4, this quickly turned into my second favorite anime this season!

Maou is really cute...and I totally ship him with Emi. Chiho annoys me a little bit...(episode 7...erghhh) but I like a good deal of the cast.

........I especially love how Emi keeps falling down the stairs. Anime hyper
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

Maou is really cute...and I totally ship him with Emi. Chiho annoys me a little bit...(episode 7...erghhh) but I like a good deal of the cast.

Nah Chiho all the way!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 30