• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Air Gear question

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Hey all, I have a question for anyone that's read the original Japanese version of the manga "Air Gear" by Oh! Great. I received a promotional copy of the first volume, due out in August from Del Rey. I'm familiar with the big editing controversy with O!G's last manga, "Tenjho Tenge", and I was just curious if there is supposed to be any salacious content in "Air Gear". From a quick flip through Del Rey's first volume, there is a "nipple-less" shower scene, but other than that, nothing to speak of....I'm just curious if that's because it's been removed, or because it wasn't there in the first place.

Thanks in advance!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hikaru393

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
i have seen a few things from the japanese manga dont know about the scean you mentiond but there is nudity in it and bad fights like in the first vol when ikki fightsspoiler[ the skull saders they shove fire crackers up his ass dont know if this is in the english vol you got though] and the first vol actually comes out july 25th.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Is there nudity in the first volume, though? That's my question.

And the scene you refer to does occur, although it looks like it might be censored a bit. Kinda hard to tell.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:30 pm Reply with quote
Del Rey has yet to edit any of their manga and Air Gear has less material that would require editing anyway (at least based on the first volume I read). Apparently Oh Great! toned things down for Air Gear.

EDIT: I just downloaded the first chapter and looked, and assuming you are talking about the shower scene in the first chapter, there are no nipples in the Japanese version either.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:33 pm Reply with quote
jgreen wrote:
Is there nudity in the first volume, though? That's my question.

And the scene you refer to does occur, although it looks like it might be censored a bit. Kinda hard to tell.

Since Air Gear is running through Shonen Magazine, you'll see naked girls and stuff like that, but t*** will somehow be censored out, be it shreds of clothing or mist. But count on that fanservice. Air Gear does not have flat out nudity.
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:24 am Reply with quote
[quote="fighterholic"]Since Air Gear is running through Shonen Magazine, you'll see naked girls and stuff like that, but t*** will somehow be censored out, be it shreds of clothing or mist. But count on that fanservice. Air Gear does not have flat out nudity.[quote]

Ah, fair enough. I assume the whiteout over over the lead character's posterior after the scene hikaru393 mentioned is also present in the first scene?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:51 am Reply with quote
Possibly, I wasn't able to see that part.
coolerimmortal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:12 pm Reply with quote
[quote="jgreen"][quote="fighterholic"]Since Air Gear is running through Shonen Magazine, you'll see naked girls and stuff like that, but t*** will somehow be censored out, be it shreds of clothing or mist. But count on that fanservice. Air Gear does not have flat out nudity.
Quote:

Ah, fair enough. I assume the whiteout over over the lead character's posterior after the scene hikaru393 mentioned is also present in the first scene?

If you're talking about the shower scene, you could see bare "posteriors" in the Japanese release.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1