• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Zettai Bōei Leviathan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Also forgot to ask if anyone else thought that Metal, Ragon, and Rudra reminded them of Malon, especially the one with similar hair colour. Although it is probably just me.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 am Reply with quote
There's an extremely vague physical resemblance, but not enough that I noticed it. Also, their names come to "Metal Dragon" according to a CR comment.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:04 pm Reply with quote
A beach episode, and a very welcome one too. they all look good, and spoiler[Leviatan doubled in size] as well. And it looks like it also answers a previous question. The scales are underwear, but how does that work? do they put them on/take em off one at a time or is some sort of scalemail?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:21 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

It is not a beach episode until spoiler[a tentacle creature has defiled a girl in some way]. I like how their powers were used from preparing the food, to lighting the barbecue, to pouring the drinks. And Syrop being hit by the beachball

Trying to think of another anime series to compare this to, I came to the idea of Disgaea, but without the good vs evil thing and a little to older audiences. You can just sit back and enjoy.

The OP and ED are so good. Oh, some new anime songs were released... sadly none from Leviathan.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Now I see why I hung around...some mysterious attractive brother?!? Lets see more of that please. Smile
With the way this show seems to meander through things though, I doubt it will be as I hope, but still.
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5

It is not a beach episode until spoiler[a tentacle creature has defiled a girl in some way].
And Ep 5 lived up to that. Remember Bahamut was spoiler[accosted by that little octopus]?

Oh nice, her brother is actually kind of spoiler[girly-looking]. I suspected he was going to be a bishounen, but also more on the masculine, brotherly side.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5

It is not a beach episode until spoiler[a tentacle creature has defiled a girl in some way].
And Ep 5 lived up to that. Remember Bahamut was spoiler[accosted by that little octopus]?

I know. That is why I said it. Twisted Evil
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:02 pm Reply with quote
barbecues are serious business
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:42 am Reply with quote
It's 2013. Why do people still waste money to make an absolute crap series like this one? Confused

Sorry, but I just watched the first episode, and I just can't understand how can anyone watch a show like this and not be bored to death.

Last edited by Ignatz on Mon May 13, 2013 11:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:58 am Reply with quote
Sounds like you need to spend some more time to learn about people, so you can better understand them in the future.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Well some people enjoy cute shows that are not depressing or too taxing on your noggin. This has been better than some attempts like Shukufuku no Campanella and Shining Hearts.

Episode 6

They had too destroy the giant beetle monster because it spoiler[ruined their barbecue], is there any harsher crime. I noticed a pretty extended transformation sequence so this particular episode felt like it was drawing out time rather than having much substance, especially since episodes are a few minutes shorter than other anime. At least Syrorin Syrop got some moments like not entirely being happy with their motivation, and being treated differently to the other girls.

My first thought with the mysterious boy was: spoiler[Why does Leviathan's brother look like a kid]?
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
It's 2013. Why do people still waste money to make an absolute crap series like this one? Confused

Sorry, but I just watched the first episode, and I just can't understand how can anyone watch a show like this and not be bored to death.
Just curious do you bully people at school or work? I say that because you know, it's a free country people can watch what they want and personally I don't care what your understanding is of others and what they enjoy.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:

Some of us just aren't as easily bored by things as others are. I don't need my shows to be non-stop action to hold my attention.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Beltane70 wrote:
I don't need my shows to be non-stop action to hold my attention.

Well, you don't understand me at all. Action scenes is the thing that's very boring to me. To give you an example, a movie called Redline (which is hyped a lot) was very boring to me. What I actually really like is characters talking. I like when characters show their ideals, motivations, beliefs, when they show that they have brains! To give you an example, at the time I was watching the first season of Fate/ZERO at about 5-6 episodes I was very bored. It was all about the setting (which just wasn't all that interesting to me) and action. But then, absolutely fantastic episode 11 happened, which consisted almost entirely of characters just talking. For me, it was probably the best thing of the entire first season.
Past wrote:
Ignatz wrote:

Just curious do you bully people at school or work? I say that because you know, it's a free country people can watch what they want and personally I don't care what your understanding is of others and what they enjoy.

I'm sorry if I came off rude, but I'm also very suprised that you ask a question like this. It's scary how one a bit negative comment can make such wrong impression about the person. To answer your question: No, I don't. I'm actually one of the quiet types at school (but not one that can easily be bullied).
I was just irritated, because I find absolutely no value in these kind of shows.

Last edited by Ignatz on Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
Well, you don't understand me at all. Actions scenes is the thing that's very boring to me. To give you an example, a movie called Redline (which is hyped a lot) was very boring to me. What I actually really like is characters talking. I like when characters show their ideals, their beliefs, when they show that they have brains!

Well it was pretty clear from you anime list the sort of shows you most like, good talking shows with philosophy can be great, but there is nothing wrong with a cute show every so often, they can be rather clever in a different way. Sometimes can require a little patience.

I have probably brought it up a lot, but a certain show I enjoyed last the other season was Busou Shinki which was essentially little robot girls going on adventures and trying to help their master. It was surprisingly enjoyable as being kind of Saturday morning cartoon like, but enough self awareness to appeal to adults. The OP also quickly became a favourite of mine. And before that there was Sengoku Collection, which on the outside looked like a pure cute show that even played on the whole magical girlfriend thing, but the experience was much deeper. Instead you got a large collection of stories with almost a different heroine an episode, generally homages which could go from the melancholic to the thought provoking to the cute, to the utterly emotional, and probably one of top OP songs.

My point is that you should not just judge a series on how much it is not like Death Note, or Madoka. These series know what they are, and they can be surprisingly fun. I probably put these shows into some sort of Dusky list, shows that don't garner a huge amount of interest, but I still think are very good, and tend to be funny if you know what to look for.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5