• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Date A Live (TV) (TV + movies).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Pretty laid back episode. Nothing much going on except for laughs and giggles, which is fine with me. I just wish Origami got more sympathy from the author and/or director. They make her look like the villain and never really give her any emotional moments with Shido, instead just making Tohka look like the greatest thing alive, which I've had enough of. We get it, she's crazy strong and will always save the day just in the nick of time. How about something different this season? Please?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Pretty lame episode this week. I had to skim through some of it as it was just filler imo. I didn't like some of the comedy either presented. Anyways, it's inevitable that one of the most powerful spirits and my personal favorites will debut soon so will look forward to that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 6:17 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Episode 6

Pretty lame episode this week. I had to skim through some of it as it was just filler imo. I didn't like some of the comedy either presented. Anyways, it's inevitable that one of the most powerful spirits and my personal favorites will debut soon so will look forward to that.

If you're talking about the girl with the clock in her eye, she certainly looks interesting enough. Hopefully she shifts the balance of this series. Too much Tohka love in it for my taste :p
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Hot spring trip.]
Tohka totally overdid it with her jealousy.
She really likes Shido a lot.
Looks like most of them just wanted an excuse to join the fun.
They were willing to do a whole lot to make that happen. Too much actually.
Guess this was one of those relaxing/fun episodes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7
And indeed, spoiler[Kurumi] makes her debut. Not too shabby and I'm glad they gave her a good voice that matches her personality. Now, I'm hoping this arc won't be too rushed but either wise, decent start so far.

Poor Origami though ;.;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 7:22 pm Reply with quote
The spoiler[villain] and the spoiler[blood related younger sister] appear.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
well, that wasn't what I expected from a hot spring episode, but it was pretty damn funny.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
well, that wasn't what I expected from a hot spring episode, but it was pretty damn funny.

Are you talking about episode 6?
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

Are you talking about episode 6?

yes
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 2:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

I know I said earlier that Yoshino would be my favourite, but that was before Kurumi came into the series. A black haired girl with one red eye and the other covered by her hair. A deliciously dark personality that starts with the air of being proper before revealing what lies bellow the surface of someone who totally dominates. Her similarities to my favourite anime character hit my total weakness to this character type, this has to be my favourite character of Date A Live, and I might just have to change my avatar even though I just changed it to Yoshino. I really don't care if she is playing the antagonists role, and I feel like such a hypocrite for disliking female fans from liking the bad boys.

I actually took note of the music in this episode, and I had specific interest in a piece later in the episode that I thought showed Kurumi's character, part of the style reminded me of some similar style in One Winged Angel although sexier instead of action. And I totally called it in first episode that spoiler[Kotori was not his actual sister], and I quickly noticed the spoiler[similarities of Mana in this episode], interesting that she does not actually want to take him back. But there was that spoiler[sister off], Kotori's final argument was kind of funny. Also lol that the spoiler[ero question] was snuck into the choices and she accidentally made Shido say it.

And those three gossiping school girls, they have to put a "gross" into every possible episode. Now to look up pictures of Kurumi.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:15 am Reply with quote
@ DP - who is your favourite anime character? I don't recognize her just from that image, so I'm guessing I probably haven't seen the anime she's from.

Anyway, Clock Eye does seem pretty cool. I like her seiyuu's voice. She always sounds like she's ready to have teh secks. Bedroom voice syndrome, I guess.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
@ DP - who is your favourite anime character? I don't recognize her just from that image, so I'm guessing I probably haven't seen the anime she's from.

Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki, they appear rather similar in regards to general looks and sort of dominating personality.

Actually Kurumi kind of makes me think of a look between Kanade and Misaki Mei from Another.

This is currently my favourite pic of her so far, but based on the preview I will wait before trying to make a fitting avatar.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:39 am Reply with quote
Thanks, duder. I didn't give Mayo(nnaise) Chiki a shot when it came out, but mebbers I'll give it a whirl.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:05 pm Reply with quote
This is as good of a thread as any to ask, due to the most recent episode: do Asian women love being petted like a dog or is this something only in anime?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:57 pm Reply with quote
I'm on episode 4 of this (Yeah I'm bad at keeping up with anime, sue me) as of now.

Let me guess: The entire rest of the series Shido is gonna get torn between the spirits and romantic dramedy will ensue even though he could just stop this by saying "Yo, I gotta be a baller or everyone's dead, capiche?".

I hope it doesn't turn out like that. The show's not perfect but it's fun.

Also fudge Hermit is cute.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 12