• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David.Seth

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:22 am Reply with quote
Lime from Saber Marionette J series
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kastel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:46 am Reply with quote
I picked my nosebleeding Totori avatar from Pixiv.net because:

The theory of syntactic features developed in the avatar is not to be considered in determining irrelevant intervening contexts in selectional rules. This analysis of a formative as a pair of sets of features raises serious doubts about a general convention regarding the forms of the image. Note that a case of nosebleeding of a different sort especially in the yuri context is rather different from the requirement that branching is not tolerated within the dominance scope of a complex symbol like a normal Totori picture. By combining adjunctions and certain deformations, the fundamental error of regarding functional notions as categorial can be defined in such a way as to impose an important distinction in image use. To provide a constituent structure for T(Z,K), this selectionally introduced contextual feature delimits the strong generative capacity of the theory.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
First time using a female avatar. Feels rather strange. But I think I'll keep it, because Revolutionary Girl Utena is an amazing show (just recently picked it up).

EDIT: NO. I just can't use a female avatar. Feels way too awkward. Going with Gilbert Nightray from Pandora Hearts.

Last edited by Ignatz on Sat May 11, 2013 10:46 am; edited 4 times in total
Riddley

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Chane...<3
Backspaces

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Ban Mido from getbackers ^^

I used him as an avatar so when you look at it, i could get the chance to use his evil eye on you Very Happy
Comet Reaper

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:09 pm Reply with quote
I just found a character I thought was cool and tried to get a still visible image in such a small size. Perhaps I'm under- thinking this...
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote
@Ignatz: Never seen Pandora Hearts, but that avatar is handsome.
M-Theoria

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:43 am Reply with quote
Mine is a potato.

They are versatile and universally loved.

Boil em' mash em' stick em' in a stew.
zawa113

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I think it's been a while since I've had a game image. With the 3DS overtaking the DS (or will once Pokemon comes out for sure, I'm talking strictly about game production and not system sales), I am snapping up a lot of cheap games. I've gotten some pretty cool things so far, Space Invaders Extreme 2 is like a rhythm shooter game, and at the same time, I finally got to actually play Henry Hatsworth, and I feel in love with it pretty much immediately! One of my friends back in college got it when it came out and raved about it, now it's only $3 at Gamestop. It's part Pokemon Puzzle League (I am finally good at it because this game makes me think fast) and part platformer with light fighting. Both halves intertwine (and thankfully, the platforming pauses during puzzle league) and they're both damn good, some of the best $3 I've spent on DS games in a while! And the main character is this old dude whose sound clips sound like old man "Harumph!" noises and who drinks tea when super power activates. And the bad guy's name is Weasleby, what's not to love here?
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
Mitsuko Souma form Battle Royale, the girl is crazy! I love how complex and generally screwed up she is.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:26 am Reply with quote
Squirtle in Tim Burton style.
thenix

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:13 am Reply with quote
Riddley wrote:
Chane...<3

I didn't realize this was Chane till now <3

BTW I have no idea what mine is from. I picked it out however long ago I joined. I'm assuming I grabbed it from TV-Tokyo's website because I like doing that.
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Hanna from Strike Witches 2, Alter Figure capture. I gray-scaled the figure but highlighted those gorgeous eyes.

Enjoy it as much as I do. Wink
Raftina

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 12:25 pm Reply with quote
The gray bars make me think it's a ninja when viewed from a tiny cell phone screen.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:22 pm Reply with quote
A picture of Chiho from the ending song of Hataraku Maou-sama!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 439 of 512