• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: MangaGamer Announces Addition of If My Heart Had Wings from MoeNovel

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 12:27 am Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
configspace wrote:
But I still wonder why they want an ESRB rating when it's not required at all for PC games

I believe the game is going on steam (see edit at the bottom).

Ok I guess I can see the rationale. But even Steam does not require ESRB ratings, and Indie devs don't get them either, more so now with the greenlight program.

They would still need to remove the explicit sex scenes though since Steam won't allow actual adult content They probably could've kept any nudity and implied sex, considering how other Steam games have them; but I wonder if that would've made it less desirable by the Valve gatekeepers.
dan888

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Draneor wrote:
I actually prefer the game is all ages. Generally speaking, we don't get the console release here (rather the PC). However, ero scenes are pretty terrible and not really interesting to me. As long as the edits are done competently and the story flows, I'd rather play the all ages version.

configspace wrote:
But I still wonder why they want an ESRB rating when it's not required at all for PC games

I believe the game is going on steam (see edit at the bottom).

Play Asia has since removed all mention of Steam on the digital product page, so it is fairly likely that was a mistake.
Melicans

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:

Melicans wrote:
MangaGamer would probably do better to release an uncensored version on their 18+ site, and the censored version on their all-ages site. It's the same game, so that surely shouldn't be to much trouble? They get the money either way.

MangaGamer isn't translating/releasing the game, they're only selling the finished product in their store (so are JList and Play Asia.) The company releasing the game is called MoeNovel. Blame them, not MangaGamer.

Thanks for the clarification on that, but my basic point remains the same (and I wasn't blaming anyone, just making a suggestion). If they feel they have to censor it for whatever reason, they should release an uncensored version for those who want it too. As a good chunk of people will buy the download rather than a physical copy, they wouldn't exactly have to worry about the costs of printing two different versions to disc. It would be a win-win for the company, as they would attract people on both sides of it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3