• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
FUNimation August 2013 Solicitations

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:37 pm Reply with quote
via TRSI...

Delayed

Last edited by WTK on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 12 times in total
supercreep

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'm on the fence about Astral Ocean. I haven't watched the stream, but I enjoyed Eureka Seven.\

Edit: Probably leaning on a skip. The reviews around the web are pretty terrible.

Last edited by supercreep on Wed May 15, 2013 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:58 pm Reply with quote
That better be a typo on FUNimation's part about Roberta's Blood Trail and Future Diary being DVD-only. Evil or Very Mad
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I never finished Eureka Seven. Would I need top be completely familiar with it to watch AO?

Also, glad to see Roberta's Blood Trail finally comin here. Kinda sucks that its DVD only, but hey, Im just happy to own it. Do wonder why its DVD only though

EDIT: I did just look back and see that all the old ads and trailers from Funimation claimed that it would be coming out on Blu Ray, too. Unless something changed, I say there is still a small chance that the DVD only listing was a mistake
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
I never finished Eureka Seven. Would I need top be completely familiar with it to watch AO?

Also, glad to see Roberta's Blood Trail finally comin here. Kinda sucks that its DVD only, but hey, Im just happy to own it. Do wonder why its DVD only though

I'd like the answer to that question too, ya know... considering that we've only been waiting THREE YEARS for the show. Not to mention that the trailer they put up a month ago specifically said BD/DVD combo pack. Evil or Very Mad
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised AO is being released as soon as August, very pleasing though as I have been avoiding the web streams for a Blu-ray watch... I will be importing Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Count

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I know in many cases it's the Japanese side that screw NA on blu-rays not getting released or being pushed back but I'm pretty much done buying DVD's of more current shows that are in HD.

I've wanted to watch The Future Diary for some time now but was waiting for a blu-ray release. Hopefully The Future Diary along with Deadman Wonderland and Is This a Zombie will all be released on blu-ray and if so I'll gladly buy them.

But what I will be getting is Haganai, High School DxD and maybe Eureka 7 AO.

Last edited by The Count on Wed May 15, 2013 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 4:31 pm Reply with quote
publicenemy333 wrote:
EDIT: I did just look back and see that all the old ads and trailers from Funimation claimed that it would be coming out on Blu Ray, too. Unless something changed, I say there is still a small chance that the DVD only listing was a mistake

RightStuf is checking on it now. From their Twitter:

https://twitter.com/animetoday/status/334773606812876801

Let's hope this is all just one big misunderstanding.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:21 pm Reply with quote
I'd guess the Black Lagoon BD box set that's being released next month in Japan would be the reason
publicenemy333

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:27 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
I'd guess the Black Lagoon BD box set that's being released next month in Japan would be the reason

Ah, I see that would make sense if that ends up being the reason we only get the DVD. Damn you Japan! Why, out of all times, did ya have to release that now!! Anime hyper

Still gonna hold out some hope that we get a bluray and its a misunderstanding. If not, shame, but I'll still preorder it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:33 pm Reply with quote
we will still get a BD release, just have to wait a few months
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm Reply with quote
since it's at 300 minutes looks like all the specials will not be inlcuded on the D x D release?

I dont know if I will pickup haganai, second season was a little disappointing the series feels tedious now.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:54 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:

It must be a re-release since I thought the original BD for Roberta was released in 2010. If it is a re-release I don't see why it should affect a BD release in NA. Unless of course the owners are being particularly difficult.

Anyways if it is DVD only then I'm pretty disappointed. I double dipped on getting Black Lagoon BD (visually not much of a difference imho), but I'm not going to go ahead and do that here and end up with a DVD set and a combo set down the road. I don't blame Funi for this situation and I'm sure they feel that there are enough fans that are DVD only that its worth putting out. I certainly hope its just a misprint, but if it never comes out on BD then I say "oh, well". I love the show, but with anime prices going up, the economy as it is, some NA companies putting out mediocre dubs/subs, and Japanese companies trying to turn the clock back 10 years--I have no problem skipping releases and narrowing my purchases to things that will fully satisfy me.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 2:17 am Reply with quote
I'll finally be able to pre-order Future Diary Very Happy Wonder what the box is going to look like.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
TRSI has updated Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail to BD/DVD combo. Guilty Crown got added as well.

RACS lists The Future Diary as BD/DVD combo though (TRSI does not).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5