• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What did you just buy?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geishageek

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
Just picked up a Risty from Queens Blade nendo from RACS for cheap. I was amazed they still have her. She will look great next to all my Uta-Pri nedo's. Haha
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 am Reply with quote
Soul eater 14 and Durarara Saiki arc 2 dispatched from preorder. Going to have a very full weekend... Pleasing Very Happy

@ st_owly good choice with Bond of Dreams, very cute and the each book is a vast improvement on the previous, not to say volume 1 isn't enjoyable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
TsunaReborn! wrote:

@ st_owly good choice with Bond of Dreams, very cute and the each book is a vast improvement on the previous, not to say volume 1 isn't enjoyable.

It was partly your recommendation in the manga forum and an IRL friend's recommendation Very Happy Helped that my local comic shop just got all 3 in a few days ago.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 9:47 am Reply with quote
You have a local book store that gets titles in that aren't naruto/bleach/one piece... The only book store near me is Waterstones - Tis a shame Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:54 am Reply with quote
I just received a gift from the Anime Gods, a box containing all three DVD volumes of Durarara!! and http://myfigurecollection.net/item/276#. All for just the cost of shipping.

It really does pay to be a subscriber.
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 11:39 am Reply with quote
Just got e-mail confirmation from Rightstuf that my pre-order of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia just shipped today.

I'm beginning to think the Ultramaniac DVD set I ordered last week via E-Bay might have gotten lost in the mail because the tracking information for it hasn't been updated since earlier in the week. I'll give it until this upcoming Tuesday to arrive. If not, then I guess I'm gonna have to bug the seller about getting a refund.
supercreep

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Just picked up the Revolutionary Girl Utena Complete Soundtrack Box Set from CD Japan. 10 discs of Utena goodness. Also, my copy of Dusk Maiden of Amnesia has shipped.[/code][/url]
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Hells yeah! Kansai Club's The Crater finally went live on Kickstarter! Sure you can guess what I just did then :3
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
So I ordered off of TRSI:

Anime:
Jing, King of Bandits: Seventh Heaven DVD - S.A.V.E. Edition (to replace my messed up copy from ADV)

Manga (In Stock):
Vampire Knight Vols. 12-16
Ouran High School Host Club Vols. 5-7
Alice in the Country of Clover: Cheshire Cat Waltz Vols. 3-4
xxxHolic Vol. 18

Manga (More Arriving Soon):
xxxHolic Vols. 17, 19
Ouran High School Host Club Vol. 8

The xxxHolic volumes were ones I was told I had to get, although I was planning on it anyway, especially after learning that 17 and 19 were becoming harder and harder to find. So here's hoping TRSI won't let me down and I can get these remaining three for my collection.

So update from this... yeah, received an email from TRSI that xxxHolic Volume 17 was delisted from the site and therefore taken off of my order. So now I get to start the hunt for this volume and pray that I don't have to pay more than double retail for a used copy just to complete my collection. x.x

And now I'm really hoping TRSI won't delist Volume 19 before they send my order out...
lem

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Yesterday as I was searching for a Nakamura hug pillow Very HappyTwisted EvilLaughing I found this
zawa113

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote
Clearly my hidden ability of Super Luck activated today because I went to MovieStop and once again wondered who they ripped off when I got Eureka Seven Collection 1 for single digits.

BUT! I don't exactly need this set, so if anyone wants to make me an offer I can't refuse, pm me! Disc 1 has some minor scuffs and the other 5 look brand new with only dust at worst on them.
ailblentyn

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Received my replacement Nausicaä manga box set from RightStuf. The first one had a corner knocked in. This one is not precisely mint-condition either, but I can live with it.
I'm curious whether anyone got a cope that was in absolutely perfect, collector's condition? It's so heavy and sizeable that the cardboard shipping boxes don't seem quite up to the task.
JuniorMintKiss

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Decided to treat myself to a couple of purchases, as today has been rather a crappy day. Confused

TRSI, from their Funi sale:

Eden of the East Movie 1: King of Eden
Haibane Renmei DVD Complete Series
Inu X Boku Secret Service
Samurai 7 DVD Complete Series

From Amazon:

The Wallflower S.A.V.E. Edition (for my sister)
Revolutionary Girl Utena Sets 1 & 2, L.E.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 pm Reply with quote
@ailblentyn
I just checked my copy and I can't find anything wrong with the box. On the other hand, someone looking for "perfect collector's condition" probably would find something to complain about. Very Happy I got my copy through my local comic shop when it came out. I had it on preorder. When I break it out to read it will probably get some scratches etc. I don't believe in leaving the shrink wrap on anything.

I can see that it is heavy enough that if the shipping container was dropped the slipcase would begin to fall apart.
lem

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:48 am Reply with quote
That Nausicaa set could actually double as something used for strength training Smile. It's as heavy or heavier than some of the hardcover American comics I've bought. The individual volumes of the softcover edition are much more user friendly though.

From Kickstarter (33 Days to go, 268 backers, $11,679.00 raised as of this post)

Just placed an order for Osamu Tezuka's "The Crater" (1 of 2000).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 1039 of 1400