• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Harder and Harder to find Manga

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:28 pm Reply with quote
Well, I placed an order for the volume on Archonia. If I converted it right, I ended up paying a little over $20 for it with shipping, but I'm alright with that. As long as I can get it, I'll be happy.

Thank you both of you for your help. ^^
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:37 am Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:
I got lucky and bought volumes 1 through 9 of Eden its an endless world from somebody who is selling it through local listing. I'll be reading it after I read the remaining volumes of Iron Wok Jan that I have..

oooh you jammy dodger, been keeping an eye open for somone doing a similar thing. will always keep an eye out for titles i know are rare even if im not getting em as someone o here may want it.
zawa113

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:57 pm Reply with quote
@Busterblader
Found banana fish 3 and 9 second ed for msrp at a local store!
3 is as perfect as you could possibly want, 9 had some minor cover damage where the number is.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 12:41 am Reply with quote
Can someone help me out acquire the two volumes of Moyasimon released by Del Rey? I enjoyed the anime of it and I wasn't aware that the manga was licensed by Del Rey at one point. I just found out yesterday and I'm too late for it..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:41 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
@Busterblader
3 is as perfect as you could possibly want, 9 had some minor cover damage where the number is.

YOU ARE MY HERO (AGAIN)

chichiriNoDa wrote:
Can someone help me out acquire the two volumes of Moyasimon released by Del Rey? I enjoyed the anime of it and I wasn't aware that the manga was licensed by Del Rey at one point. I just found out yesterday and I'm too late for it..

If it comes to mind, I can look around during Anime North.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Wow attack on titan vol.4 must have had some major issues because after disappearing from the online stores for a week or 2 it became available again to order yet its been well over a week since i ordered from book depository and its still not shipped and when i asked them about it they said they were having problems getting hold of it.
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
chichiriNoDa wrote:

I may be able to assist. I'm almost certain I can get 1, 2 may be a little more difficult.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
If it comes to mind, I can look around during Anime North.
Please if you are able to come across either volume let me know.

st_owly wrote:
I may be able to assist. I'm almost certain I can get 1, 2 may be a little more difficult.

Let me know if you are able to obtain even the first one.

Thank you guys! Much appreciated..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:02 am Reply with quote
I'll go to the comic store tomorrow on my way home from work and have a look. Want me to buy it if they do have it? Smile
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:14 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
classicalzawa wrote:
@Busterblader

YOU ARE MY HERO (AGAIN)

Of course I am! Otherwise I'd feel pretty ridiculous in this cloak and mask with underwear over spandex, wouldn't I?

Seriously though, I'd credit Catbug with this one, dimension hopping for it and all.

Yeah, you know the drill, just pay for cost of the books (and tax) and shipping and pm me. It's my mom's birthday today, so I can't ship til tomorrow.

*edit-also this is my 4000th post, woot!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:30 am Reply with quote
So, I have to sheepishly admit that I didn't realize just what purpose this thread had until about 5 minutes ago Embarassed

However, I do have a request. Does anyone know where I can find Saikano volume 7 for not a ridiculous price? All the online sources I know about have it for $50+
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote
^Yeah, I guess we really should change the name of this thread to "manga hunting help thread" or something, eh? It kinda started off as just complaining about things being OOP, then evolved into a help thread really. I almost feel like it should be sticked at this point for how incredibly useful I, and many others, find the thread.

I've been keeping an eye out for you based on your wish list in the sales forum that I saw you had listed ages ago, but have yet to see it. Oddly enough though, it's quite possible to get an entire set 1-7 on eBay for like $90, but getting that one volume alone? Ha!
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Okay, thanks! I was sure I had posted about looking for this thing at some point but couldn't remember exactly when/where.
chichiriNoDa

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
st_owly wrote:
I'll go to the comic store tomorrow on my way home from work and have a look. Want me to buy it if they do have it? Smile

Yes please!
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:25 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

Seriously though, I'd credit Catbug with this one, dimension hopping for it and all.

A dimension hopper? Impressive! All I ever get to work with are time traveling wizards...

Well, the envelopes covered in stamps from 1985 do make my uncle happy, so that's a plus.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 33 of 76