• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: K-ON! (Nearly) Life-Size Stickers Sold in US$540 Bundle of 5

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:40 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Moetaku: The Tea Party of anime fandom.

Yeah, no. The only "Tea Party" within the U.S. Anime fan community is the intolerant and absolutist anti-moe portion of it that is dead set against the idea of "moe" and desperately wants to change the status quo within the Anime industry as a whole in order for it to better fit the close-minded preferences and tastes of the individuals who make up that portion of Anime fandom (the status quo being the production and marketing of "moe-type" shows or series that have "moe" themes within them). Rolling Eyes
DKL

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
I find it ironic that there's such a thing as a nerdom hierarchy.

That said, that's like every group ever (and people consistently don't see the stupidity in it, I've noticed), but I think it gets a little heated here in particular since this place is rather "mainstream" compared to most places that talk about anime: the whole world is watching, so no one wants to lose face.

In the short time that I've been back, I'm still kinda disconcerted that people have the will to even carry on long discussions like this (we just got done with the other two or three or four moe/fujoshi/sales/whatever threads, so how is it that people are ready for another round of all of this?).

There's a damn sticky at the top of the forum that asks for politeness and respect:

animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=47636

Yet it feels like the whole world is suddenly bathed in venom every time a topic like this comes out.

Anyway, I feel like it's really saying something when I think that the best thing I've taken away from all this discussion is learning about a manga (an independent one at that, from what I can understand) that's essentially what Death Note would be like if it was about Light jerking off in an empty stall in the girl's restroom at his school.

(read it all in one sitting... even read the novel sequel thingies with its lack of pictures)

But then that had nothing to do with the article that even started this train wreck of a thread: (nearly) life-size stickers of the K-ON cast.

What's going on, people?

But then, discussion will likely continue on as it were, so have at it, I guess.

I'm mostly just staring at the countdown timer for Oreimo over at Crunchyroll and have nothing better to do right now.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
DKL wrote:

The great classic Geek Hierarchy Chart:

Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:12 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
DKL wrote:

The great classic Geek Hierarchy Chart:
Laughing Nice one mate! I just bookmarked that. Bloody Brilliant. Laughing
Primus

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
I like how no one has pointed out how freaking deformed their hands look:

I've never watched K-On, but I have to imagine they don't look like that ...
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
I like how no one has pointed out how freaking deformed their hands look:
...I've never watched K-On, but I have to imagine they don't look like that ...

I think no one has pointed it out because fans of the show probably know why they're like that. The tiny hands, tiny feet and soft cheeks are suppose to make the characters seem somewhat infantile which would make them visually endearing to the viewer. It's like that on purpose in the whole show, the movie, and even a couple of other KyoAni titles like Chuunibyou and Tamako Market.
Jedi Master

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:01 pm Reply with quote
Wooga wrote:
Ok, so I guess I'm late to this artice, I just wanted to point out that these stickers are called 'charapeta', made out of cloth (i think the flocked kind but not sure) and come in different sizes. I think these are more expensive because they're more of a limited edtion thing.

You seem knowledgeable about this topic. Tell me, are these "charapeta" something otaku would put on their cars for itasha purposes?
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
You seem knowledgeable about this topic. Tell me, are these "charapeta" something otaku would put on their cars for itasha purposes?
Not far off, however I doubt those characters would be so dressed. They're only for sticking on a stationary wall these. I doubt they would hold up to an 80MPH wind. Wink
Username1234

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:02 pm Reply with quote
So in summary...

- Staff member deliberately trolls the readers
- Permabans someone who's offended by it and criticises back

good job ANN

didn't expect any less
ScumbagYoshi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Username1234 wrote:
So in summary...

good job ANN

didn't expect any less

It's called being baited. =P

It's their house yo. I see no problems with that.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Username1234 wrote:
So in summary...

good job ANN

didn't expect any less

So in summary...

- Person signs up on message board to post about one thing specifically.
- Probably won't post ever again

good job Username1234

didn't expect any less
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:15 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Wooga wrote:
Ok, so I guess I'm late to this artice, I just wanted to point out that these stickers are called 'charapeta', made out of cloth (i think the flocked kind but not sure) and come in different sizes. I think these are more expensive because they're more of a limited edtion thing.

No. If these stickers are anything like fatheads (and they, pretty much are. Just more expensive) they are not made to stand the weather, and everything else you subject your car too.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Username1234 wrote:
So in summary...

good job ANN

didn't expect any less

The guy who got permabanned was a near psychotic nutjob who posted long and incoherent ramblings where he expressed appallingly misogynistic and hateful viewpoints.

That's why he got banned, you disingenuous twat.
Wooga

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:45 pm Reply with quote
Jedi Master wrote:
Wooga wrote:

No. Just search for "Ita goods" and you can find plenty of itasha stickers, maybe not the full wrap-around kind though. Or do you just cut them into shape? I don't really know
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8