• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Square Enix's Agni's Philosophy Listed on Amazon UK, France for PS4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
its true it might be final fantasy xv we have to wait and see
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:25 am Reply with quote
I'm torn here. On the one hand, the prospect of Square Enix announcing yet another FF game before finishing Versus is infuriating. But on the other hand, unlike the various XIII sequels, I really like the look of this.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:04 am Reply with quote
Well, if Call of Duty can have their dogs and arm-hair upgraded graphics, why not Squeenix.............
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:04 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I'm torn here. On the one hand, the prospect of Square Enix announcing yet another FF game before finishing Versus is infuriating. But on the other hand, unlike the various XIII sequels, I really like the look of this.

Yeah, the aesthetics of that trailer, with a mixture of broken-down modern day stuff and magic, looked badass as hell.
sainta

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:59 am Reply with quote
Man I have heard about Final Fantasy speculations since January (Versus for PS4, Type 0 will be rereleased, KH 2.5, etc) and Square still hasn't confirmed anything.
Matriel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:26 am Reply with quote
sainta wrote:
Man I have heard about Final Fantasy speculations since January (Versus for PS4, Type 0 will be rereleased, KH 2.5, etc) and Square still hasn't confirmed anything.

Well, E3 is only a week away. They'll show something, but recently haven't Square's big announcements come from more private gatherings in Japan where the press was not allowed to film much of anything?
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
At least this kinda confirms that this is not ff15. I still hope ff15 is versus renamed and ported to ps4
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Yeah, the aesthetics of that trailer, with a mixture of broken-down modern day stuff and magic, looked badass as hell.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Ambimunch wrote:
At least this kinda confirms that this is not ff15. I still hope ff15 is versus renamed and ported to ps4

Well not necessarily. The title could still change. And in fact, it probably will. They'd be stupid not to attach the Final Fantasy name to this purely for marketing reasons (or rather to take it away since this did start as a Final Fantasy demo).

In any case, I don't particularly see how it matters. It actually wouldn't surprise me if they just dropped the numbers at some point and switched to subtitles like Final Fantasy: Versus and Final Fantasy: Agni's Philosophy. Numbering a series just feels awkward to me after you get past the low teens.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I rather this not be a FF game. Since that would give Square a new IP and there's enough FF titles as is.

And I don't think they really need to attach the FF name to this, since it seemed to make a splash without it and the FF name dosen't mean what it use to.

It's also interesting that if this was a real game, I wonder who's making it as the Tech demo had a split western/eastern staff.

Also I guess it's pretty much a guarantee that Versus is 15 and probably a PS4 game. It's taken forever, the last Famitsu status update did'nt list it at all, and it's producer was the one to announce that a next gen FF will be at this E3.

And I think that sucks. I wanted another non XIII FF this gen and it sucks we won't get this game that has had a very long wait.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1