• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sound Decision - the Indigo Interview

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisb
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow what nice and cool people. I can't seem to find their albums but I'm big fans of their Someday Dreamer songs and Ai Yori Enishi ones. They've recently done a theme for some little kid anime called Animal Yokocho. They seem very kind and down to Earth. Didn't feel like much of an interview but felt more like I was reading a conversation between friends, which is all good too, I like to see what these artists are like personality wise. I used to like Lisa Loeb then I heard little about her and I lost interest then she did a cooking show on the Food Network with her boyfriend and I fell in love with her music again. Then after she and that guy broke up they stopped the cooking show and I didn't hear from her until the TV show about her came on E! The show you were talking about is called #1 Single http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Number_1_Single_%28TV_series%29 It finished already it was only meant for 8 episodes, I used to watch it sometimes, the only watchable thing on E! now is The Simple Life and The Soup.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Is it me, or was Jonathan a wee bit unprepared for that interview? Well, it was a good interview nonetheless since it showcased one of my favorite artists. I love the part where Miki-san started asking the questions towards the end. I could almost picture Jonathan being a bit thrown off by that Very Happy .

I remember coming to the exhibit hall (after that awful-yet-inevitable-wait-in-line) and seeing the Indigo at the Geneon booth. For the first time in my con-going life I bypassed all the early "freebies" on the first day and sat in front to listen to their wonderful music. I could've listened to them all day, but of course, they had to take a break. But I did go to their subsequent performances (and got my CD signed too!). I told the guy who sat next to me that if AX ended on that first day, I would have been satisfied only because I got to see the Indigo live. And to be able to listen that up-close was simply amazing.

Their music has a lot of heart and soul. There's only a handful of jpop/jrock artists that have that kind of sincerity in their music. Maaya Sakamoto and Eufonius come to mind. And this interview further affirmed my belief that they take great effort in creating their songs. I hope they'll come back next year along with some more quality jpop/jrock artists.

Thank you Geneon for bringing the Indigo!

Last edited by rektagunn on Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmays
ANN Associate Editor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
rektagunn wrote:
Is it me, or was Jonathan a wee bit unprepared for that interview?

Forgot who was on their new Japanese album, which was still in the mail. It happens.
rektagunn

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
JMays wrote:

Forgot who was on their new Japanese album, which was still in the mail. It happens.

Which reminds me, I'll have to order "Once More" in cdjapan:
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=GNCZ-1004

It would have been nice if they had those CDs on sale during AX. But maybe it was a timing issue.

Thanks ANN for that interview!
Azathrael

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
The ending was kind of awkward. The dialogue was as if the interviewer had something better to do than sit and chat with two lovely ladies. :P

Too bad that I'm too far from California to participate. :/
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:33 am Reply with quote
This was a very interesting interview ^^ I kinda like the impromptu... less information, but more personality. ^^
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1