• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Touhou-Based 'Memories of Phantasm' Anime #2's 1st Half Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Only the 1st half was realesed at Reitaisai 10 Smile
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Still dont know why Zen dosnt make an full or 100eps anime out of this but I will take these 16min or ovas that come along for now
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I would love to see an anime made of this full wise.
grooven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Zun won't make an anime, because when an anime for some work is created it feels like it is over. This is true. The final step for a manga is an anime. Once that is over really nothing else gets made unless it is a remake. I like his decision because we can see such an amazing range of work done by fans. It keeps going on and on.
aquarius46

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:15 pm Reply with quote
@firedragon54738: ZUN doesn't have anything to do with this, since this anime is created by just very dedicated fans. It's not official at all.

I agree with grooven, I like how he has allowed his fans the greatest freedom with his work. And is it just me, or do a ton of professional animators just go work on Touhou fan-anime when they have time off? Laughing The quality is so high!
TheMonsterHunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't remember where I saw it, but ZUN will never green light an official anime series. He thinks that the anime will over shadow the games and people will stop wanting to play his games.
Ginsan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
grooven wrote:
The final step for a manga is an anime. Once that is over really nothing else gets made unless it is a remake.

There are still games, franchise like dolls, models, posters, pillow, and etc..
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:21 am Reply with quote
TheMonsterHunter wrote:
I don't remember where I saw it, but ZUN will never green light an official anime series. He thinks that the anime will over shadow the games and people will stop wanting to play his games.

I bet he'll greenlight it when he gets tired of making games. But that might not be for a long time.

I suspect, though, that married life might change his mind about that (he got married last year, if I recall). I don't know how much money he's made from the character licensing he's started, but at some point if he has kids, I bet he'll finally allow a full scale commercial work. He's already started a little bit with manga, there are a number of official Touhou manga that he helps write. It's not that big a leap to go to an anime from that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1