• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tales of Symphonia's PS3 Remaster Shown in 1st Promo Video

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I approve of this! Its awesome the we're getting HD ports to ps3 of old tales games. Now I hope they give us Vesperia for the ps3 too~~
They did. Came out in 09. Go ahead import it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:59 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

With the added content from the PS2 version being included, I'm not holding my breath that they're going to keep the old dub. They're probably going to redub it, maybe with the cast from the sequel. And that's a disappointing thought for me since that dub is really nostalgic for me, buuuuuut, ah well. What can you do?

How much new content is in the PS2 version? I can understand re-dubbing a few characters like Persona 4 ended up doing, but I find it a little hard to imagine them redubbing all the dialogue of an old game like that considering this whole game is pretty much a quick cash-in.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
They did. Came out in 09. Go ahead import it.

Well that didn't take long. Rolling Eyes
SoraChanShadow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:23 am Reply with quote
There a article in Game Informer said it will have dual audio in the game. ..think that true?

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/526/1119/original.jpg
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
SoraChanShadow wrote:
There a article in Game Informer said it will have dual audio in the game. ..think that true?

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/526/1119/original.jpg
Hmm. There you go, makes sense. I couldn't see them bothering to record a new dub and now they don't have to.

Hagaren Viper wrote:

Just like it did'nt take long for the stupid and required "bring Vesperia" comment. It's not happening people, deal with it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:23 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:

Just like it did'nt take long for the stupid and required "bring Vesperia" comment. It's not happening people, deal with it.

And why exactly wouldn't it be happening, dear say Rolling Eyes ? It's still a part of a major franchise, and a company would be fool not to leave the door open to utilize existing cataloque items for a new audience, new console gens et al. After all, most work is done.
Just take a look at Square with FF, NISA with Disgaea, Atelier, etc.
It would be more surprising if we didn't see Vesperia on PS4 at some point. Among many other revamped titles...
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:

If it ever happens, ill make sure to track you down and rub it in your face for weeks, just saying

#dealwithit
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Blanchimont wrote:

And why exactly wouldn't it be happening, dear say Rolling Eyes ? It's still a part of a major franchise, and a company would be fool not to leave the door open to utilize existing cataloque items for a new audience, new console gens et al. After all, most work is done.
Just take a look at Square with FF, NISA with Disgaea, Atelier, etc.
It would be more surprising if we didn't see Vesperia on PS4 at some point. Among many other revamped titles...
They already released a English release of the game. It's been years since the release, so why would they bother releasing now? When would they release it? The gen is entering it's twilight days. It can't be released this year obviously, and besides Xilla is this year. in 2014 we have this HD port at the beginning. Now hopefully we get Xillia 2 and that would be at the end half of 2014. Se we have 2 Tales games in 2014, do you think it would make since to release three retail Tales games in 2014, wouldn't there be a chance of each eating up sales of the other? I don't think they would, so now were in 2015. You now are looking at the release of a 6 year old PS3 game, one thats been around for 7 years in general. In 2015 what kind of sales is that game going to get? It's sales are already limited, because it's not a new game at all. I know PS3 fans like to think it would magically sell better here on PS3, but that's not true. It sold about as good as it could here on the 360, so lets say half of those people don't returns for the superior PS3 version. Ok that dosen't sound like great sales. And I doubt really the group of PS3 only people waiting for this game how many years later is actually that huge. In 2015, hell 2014 the sales of this sound pretty bad.

Now an PSn release? Yeah, I can see that happening.

A release on future systems? Yeah why not.

A release of the PS3 game now? No I don't see that.
Ambimunch wrote:

If it ever happens, ill make sure to track you down and rub it in your face for weeks, just saying

#dealwithit
Well that sounds kind of sad, but whatever. Not like I care, I've already played Vesperia.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2